Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 09:05 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times

Advertisements

Typical Trump sycophant/bootlicker.

Mulvaney, who laughed at Trump's wall in 2015, now says its necessary.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1077016025026232320

Old 12-24-2018, 09:08 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Typical Trump sycophant/bootlicker.

Mulvaney, who laughed at Trump's wall in 2015, now says its necessary.

I feel like there should be a bunch of fauns (half man, half goat) being born any day now. Because presumably Trump has videos of a whole lot of GOP politicians having unnatural relations with goats, right?

That's all I can think of to explain why so many have trashed their reputations and gone back on the things they themselves said in the past.....

Old 12-24-2018, 09:10 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What exactly is the practical difference between a fence and a wall?

The details in the way a fence is constructed could theoretically make it more effective than a wall...... or vice versa.

They are two different things that serve the same purpose and you're being picyune about one vs the other is nothing but a deflection.
You might want to check out your 45's latest Christmas Eve tweetstorm. He differentiates between a border "wall" and border "fence." Why are you struggling so much? Aren't you supposedly to blindly go along with anything he says and defend it?

Old 12-24-2018, 09:12 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
May I ask why you think it’s a waste of money, to secure the country from undesirables, when they have previously funded things like studies of shrimp on treadmills?
I have no problem protecting the border from “ undesirables” as you like to call them. Every nation has a right to decide who comes in to their country.

I just believe there are more effective ways to protect our borders.

1. Clamp down on people and companies that provide jobs for those entering illegally. Funny how we keep hearing about some of these anti illegals politicians including our president hiring them.

2. We have a lot of influence money wise and military on many of those countries, so demanding and helping them end many of the real reasons good people have in leaving and coming here should be addressed.

3. Work on our drug policies and drug addiction that feeds those bad peoples you want to keep out.

All of these are more cost effective than building a wall that desperate people and those with money to be made will find a way around them.

The wall is just an illusion of safety because history has proven over and over again that no wall lasts forever and that no wall is able to keep anyone in or out if they really want to get passed it.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:06 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How so? I am on the side of the majority.
You accuse me of only talking to people who share my opinion. I accused you of the same.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
You accuse me of only talking to people who share my opinion. I accused you of the same.
What else would you call it if everyone you talk to wants the wall, but the majority of Americans do not? How come you never seem to run into anyone in that 69% majority? It can only mean that you only interact with fellow Trump supporters, because outside of that bubble most Americans--you know the ones you never talk to--are against the wall.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:19 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Dow Jones Falls 3,700 Points For The Month; --- Trump Crashing the Economy... Another 3,700 points is more likely than not... maybe even 6,000 points.... Between Chaos and the Fact he has done nothing but Given Tax Money to the Wealthy, pumped up race bigots, and damaged EVERYTHING IN AMERICA AND WITHOUT ALLIED NATIONS. while thrusting the damages of doing so, upon generations to come.

Now, everyone should see clearly what Racism, Bigotry, and as MLK Said... There is nothing more dangerous than' Sincere Ignorance, and Conscientious Stupidity" !!!! and we've dealt with it the past 10 yrs from Republicans Congress, Trump and Right Winger bigots and race bias, types who embrace the gutter mentality and promote vile within this nation.

Shutting down the government will only compound the madness and escalate the decline of all things, EXCEPT.. the sense and embrace of dignity and character of America which Democratic Minded People Uphold..

Old 12-24-2018, 12:44 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
PEÑA NIETO:
... You have a very big mark on our back, Mr. President, regarding who pays for the wall. This is what I suggest, Mr. President – let us stop talking about the wall. I have recognized the right of any government to protect its borders as it deems necessary and convenient. But my position has been and will continue to be very firm saying that Mexico cannot pay for that wall.

Individual 1:
But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that and I cannot live with that. ...

Trump tries to get Mexico to lie and leave Americans with the false impression that Mexico will pay for the wall. Trump continues at this point to lie to his followers about it.

“Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true. ... "
Ivanka Trump

Here we go again.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Old 12-24-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There is. Everyone I've heard, both Dem and Rep say there are better, more efficient ways to deal with the issue such as technology and more officers. In reality there is no way to build a wall through the Rio Grande River or on mountains. It's not feasible. Trump has $1.3 billion from last year that was earmarked for border security that he hasn't even tapped into yet. This year it's $2.5 or something. This is all about his ego because he said he would put up a literal wall.

Why do you keep repeating yourself over and over when I have already addressed all of your comments/claims?

Once, again it doesn't matter what either party says the fact is that the good walls have proven to work and we don't have to have as many Border Patrol to pay a salary to with those in place. We already tried technology and it failed so we scrapped it years ago. The Border Patrol and Homeland Security say that these good walls are needed and they are on the front line, aren't they?

Congress passed the wall bill back in 2006 so obviously they were in favor of the wall back then so what changed? It was to be for only 700 miles along the most porous areas of the border, not the entire border. Don't you think they would have considered the logistics and feasibility of it at that time? Was this an ego trip for them? What they did wrong was to change it afterwards to flimsy fencing in most places that were breachable instead of the double barriers that they agreed to and that's what needs fixing.

As for the existing funds, I'm sure they are still earmarked for the wall and in fact improvements have already been made in the past year. When that deal was cut the Democrats said Trump couldn't use those funds for any new walls.

Old 12-24-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
May I ask why you think it’s a waste of money, to secure the country from undesirables, when they have previously funded things like studies of shrimp on treadmills?

Don't waste your time. You're simply talking to a parrot and I've already debunked all his/her repetitive nonsense in here over and over. Go ahead and try though they'll just keep coming right back repeating themself no matter what you say. Must be a mental block. I love my ignore list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies