Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 07:50 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...democracy.html

Interesting research, and I believe it proves my point.

Those most dedicated to centrist politics or third way bipartisanship are most against a greater say in the political process.

Why? It is because centrists in this country are not moderates. They believe in power and protect power, they want the bipartisanship that brings war, illegal spying, and limitation on individual liberties (like cointelpro).

That is why they support fascist institutions like the FBI rather than institutions that offer greater direct democracy. People like Hillary and Romney are the radicals, and so are all the third way media figures that promote bipartisanship (which is just a call for terror).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 08:34 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
People are waking of what a farce democracy has become and the term self rule is a joke when our leaders from both parties are in the pockets of the rich,corporations, and the big banks. Heard a Brit leader today say 'we are the party for corporations
", I admire his honesty of his all out support of fascism { co operation between corporations and the state} but I doubt we will hear any of our gutless leaders saying that.

Democracy has the built in feature of uncertainty of what positions it stands on because of the power shift that goes back and forth between the right and the left. Look at us, we were moving the Obama and leftist way and now we have Trump who is moving in the other direction and between him, congress and the SC they are going to unravel everything Obama did. And when the left and {D} party re gain the WH what do you think they will do?

Did you guess they they will use all the tools available to them to unravel everything Trump has done?

Myself and said this many times here I am for a mixed gvt, a parliamentary Monarchy.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
People are waking of what a farce democracy has become and the term self rule is a joke when our leaders from both parties are in the pockets of the rich,corporations, and the big banks. Heard a Brit leader today say 'we are the party for corporations
", I admire his honesty of his all out support of fascism { co operation between corporations and the state} but I doubt we will hear any of our gutless leaders saying that.

Democracy has the built in feature of uncertainty of what positions it stands on because of the power shift that goes back and forth between the right and the left. Look at us, we were moving the Obama and leftist way and now we have Trump who is moving in the other direction and between him, congress and the SC they are going to unravel everything Obama did. And when the left and {D} party re gain the WH what do you think they will do?

Did you guess they they will use all the tools available to them to unravel everything Trump has done?

Myself and said this many times here I am for a mixed gvt, a parliamentary Monarchy.
Very true. Supporters of bipartisanship tend to support corporate rule and war.

Realistically these are extreme positions but they consider themselves ‘moderates’.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:30 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Very true. Supporters of bipartisanship tend to support corporate rule and war.

Realistically these are extreme positions but they consider themselves ‘moderates’.
You are right but nearly ever one reading this will say " not me". Then on election day the same people will practice their democracy and go and vote for corporate whores and war mongers. And be so proud to wear their red,white, and blue stickers that say " I Voted "

But sometimes our leaders are slick like Obama for example who in 2008 sounded like he was going to be a peace and less interventionist POTUS. We all know how that worked out Obama was such a war monger it made Dick Cheney blush. In his first term is was plain as day that Obama loved him some bankers and corporations as long as they were environmental friendly.

What happened in 2012 The people had no choice it was in the cards that they would elect a fascist leader who would also be a war monger. But some how the people think that their vote counted and they are just a great Patriot for casting it. Voters are liked trained zombies they have broke into 2 camps and the majority of this country votes a straight party ticket. Well done!!!!!! {seal clap}

Old 12-19-2018, 09:46 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:

Those most dedicated to centrist politics or third way bipartisanship are most against a greater say in the political process.

Why? It is because centrists in this country are not moderates. They believe in power and protect power, they want the bipartisanship that brings war, illegal spying, and limitation on individual liberties (like cointelpro).

That is why they support fascist institutions like the FBI rather than institutions that offer greater direct democracy. People like Hillary and Romney are the radicals, and so are all the third way media figures that promote bipartisanship (which is just a call for terror).
When you call the FBI "fascists" all you do is destroy your own credibility and lose anyone who might have been taking your post seriously.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
When you call the FBI "fascists" all you do is destroy your own credibility and lose anyone who might have been taking your post seriously.
Fine, take that out of the comment.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:44 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:

Nyt is also one sided and virtual signals to the radical left like Wapo.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

We are not a direct democracy for a reason...
50.1% telling 49.9% what to do, does not turn out well, without a lot of bloodshed and tyranny.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:

I read the whole entire article. First off. I want to say that I'm a centrist at heart, well left of center, but I subscribe as a centrist or moderate, however not with the pro corporate agenda such as support for big business, or taking money from banks and finance groups. As a centrist, I dislike radical feminism, radical social justice activists, radical woke or conscious black ideologues and identities, but I also dislike white nationalism, alt-right, radical black conservatives, and radical Christian conservatives. If these groups I mentioned were to run America, I would be placed in prison or executed for my ideology. As a centrist, it would be wise to suppress free speech and so on so that such groups don't have a say or a seat at the table. Not to say that I wont do that. I believe in free speech and those have a right to have a voice justs as long as they don't threaten to kill individuals or groups.

2nd of all, America is not a democracy. America is a limited democracy, and its a Republic and not a full Democracy like Athens. America system of government is similar to that of Medieval Venice, and Pre Imperial Rome which were Republics in their own right. In Athens Greece due to the city being a full democracy, men would vote for tyrants, vote for the extermination of peoples. Hell the Athenian people even voted for the execution of Socrates, one of the greatest minds in human history.

Rather if it is far left, center or far right. Such groups fear each other. Here in American politics, the corporate center left and center right virtue signal left, but both groups don't really mean it when elections are over, and such politicians go back to same old, same old ways. This is not good and disingenuous imo. What we are seeing in France for example, both the left and the right are teaming up and going against the centrist government of macron who placed oppressive tax policies on the French people. Both left and right camps had to ally with themselves to fight for what is right for all French people. Can SJW's Feminists, conscious blacks, native Americans team up with white nationalist, alt right, black conservatives, and Christian conservatives, and take down 300 million centrists?

I will go get some popcorn. However any is possible.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:10 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:

You lost that argument when you applied it to the NY Times. They hate most of the USA. I'm not sure why this isn't apparent by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies