Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 08:59 AM

39,108 posts, read 51,321,770 times

Advertisements

Rand Paul is every bit as much of a nincompoop as his father. Why anyone listens to either of them defies logic and reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 09:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Cheering when he dropped toms on dunes came from the establishment/msm. And perhaps a few MIC stock owners.
DIscussing the views of a small number of people does nothing to change anything.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:01 AM

45,663 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've never loved war. I think it is wrong that we went into certain places. But there is a right and wrong way to withdraw. It's a shame we can't listen to the experts on this front. It would be like a first grader wanting to perform surgery. You don't let that happen. You leave it to the doctors.
In this case, the bold above contradict themselves. The experts want an endless war. I know there are supposed experts out there - but we should still listen to what they are saying and not just assume they are right because they are experts. If what the experts have said is below, when is the war over?

From Paul...

We defeated ISIS. But now you have the-- the hawks in the administration and throughout Congress saying, "Oh, now we have to wait until Russia and Iran leave Syria." Well, that was never our goal and it's never going to happen. So those people are advocating for perpetual war....

Old 12-24-2018, 09:01 AM

27,700 posts, read 16,194,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've never loved war. I think it is wrong that we went into certain places. But there is a right and wrong way to withdraw. It's a shame we can't listen to the experts on this front. It would be like a first grader wanting to perform surgery. You don't let that happen. You leave it to the doctors.
if trump cured cancer yada yada.. man that tds is something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
DIscussing the views of a small number of people does nothing to change anything.
Just pointing out the cheering section you speak of

Old 12-24-2018, 09:05 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Quote:
The "experts" are saying to not leave. What experts are we to listen to? Mattis? Bolton?
We should probably start with the fact that none of the present wars were ever properly declared by congress (the last one was WWII) so IMO that pretty much renders moot the opinions of all of the so called experts. And yeah the same experts who simply dont know how to end a war once started lol

Old 12-24-2018, 09:09 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,160,369 times
Quote:
The "experts" are saying to not leave. What experts are we to listen to? Mattis? Bolton?
Apparently the expert is Rand Paul who happens to be a Putin/Trump supporter.
Quote:
Rand Paul Is a Russian Stooge Because Russia Is the Libertarian Wet Dream Come True

As far as Rand Paul is concerned, Russia is a libertarian paradise. Sure, it's an oppressive police state but that's only for the little people. The rich live exactly how libertarians dream life should be: Completely free from all legal, ethical, and moral constraints.

Rand Paul's father, Ron Paul, a white nationalist going back decades, has been a Russian cheerleader for years so it clearly runs in the family. My guess is that once Rand Paul understood that Trump was working directly for Russia, he jumped on board the Trump Moscow Train to get in good with the people actually running America. As far as Paul is concerned, Russia didn't attack the United States, it helped us.

The best kind of puppet is a willing puppet who is just smart and greedy enough to get the job done but not smart enough to have ideas of their own. Rand Paul fits the bill perfectly.

https://thedailybanter.com/2018/08/2...eam-come-true/

Old 12-24-2018, 09:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If you have a decent argument to make I will pay attention. I've long got over RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:16 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Quote:
Im beginning to think there are russian plants, they are the ones calling for wars that deplete our resources, cripple us with debt, kill,maim and/or give our troops PTSD. What better way to undermine?

Old 12-24-2018, 09:20 AM

45,663 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
You quoted the Daily Banter... that not a real news source.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:22 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,160,369 times
Quote:
If you have a decent argument to make I will pay attention. I've long got over RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.
And your "getting over" Russke Russkie Russkie changes the facts? Great way to deflect from the apparent acquiescence of a so called representative of the USA and the agent of a foreign adversary who is squatting in The White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies