Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 05:01 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Executives from Twitter said in a statement that the Russian state media agency Russia Today spent as much as $247,100 in ads targeting U.S. markets in 2016.[/color][/indent][/i]

Approximately $2.4 billion was spent advertising in 2016. This effort towards black people cost $351,000.

That $2.4 billion probably does not include Don Lemon, Wolf, Mika, Joe, and others bashing Trump regularly on their cable "news" shows.

The article also notes that Team Obama spent $350,000 influencing the elections in Israel.
How much money is wasted by these Super Pacs (on both sides) to spew all kinds of false and misleading statements to influence an election? Lets stop looking for the boogie man overseas and start looking locally with these fear mongers....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 05:20 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Analysis: Who was responsible for black America's lackluster turnout?

Answer: Hillary Clinton. She wasn't liked any better by African Americans than she was by deplorable white Americans.
Correct. I had a number of relatives, who would never vote Republican, who sat out the entire 2016 election because they didn’t want her either.

By the way, as African Americans achieve greater equality that dependable black voting block will erode.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:57 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Like blacks needed some outside influence not to vote for a (R).
Now put on some critical thinking skills and ask your self why would Russians target blacks when they vote in the 90% range for a (D)?
You have it backwards. The Russian online attempts targeted black people so they would vote 3rd party or Trump as opposed to Hillary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So how did Ruhshuh suppress the vote?
I think the suppressing is a stretch if it is just fake posts from a fake black person about the "Democrats not owning my vote" - which is extra offensive to democrats.

Democrats seem to think that blacks are highly gullible if 0.1% of the posts online will make them not vote or change their vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
That said, I find it disgusting that Trump and his sycophantic supporters turn a blind eye to Russian attempts at meddling.

I find it downright disgusting that so many Americans have a double standard with foreign meddling.

The Mexican government urged voters on how to vote in the US *crickets*…..Obama meddled in foreign elections for a fact *crickets*…...Bill Clinton certifiably changed the outcome of an election in the 1990s over in Russia *braggable*…...0.1% of online posts were Russian in 2016 BLOODY MURDER!!!!!!!

I think this is part of the reason why so many people across the globe think Americans are pompous. We meddle more than any other country on earth and the scream the sky is falling over Facebook posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Correct. I had a number of relatives, who would never vote Republican, who sat out the entire 2016 election because they didn’t want her either.

By the way, as African Americans achieve greater equality that dependable black voting block will erode.
I had a number of relatives who never voted Republican once in their lives who voted for Trump.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:02 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Analysis: Who was responsible for black America's lackluster turnout?

Answer: Hillary Clinton. She wasn't liked any better by African Americans than she was by deplorable white Americans.
I guess pretending to carry hot sauce in her purse did not convince the blacks that she was "down for the struggle".

Old 12-26-2018, 08:14 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So how did Ruhshuh suppress the vote?

I'd like to know how Russia suppressed votes from the Black community.

A smart black voter would ask themselves what has the democrat party done for me lately? They come to plead for our votes promising this and that and then when they win they forget their pledges.

Hillary pandered for the black vote running on the "D" behind her name and fueled by the hot sauce in her pocket book.

Trump was a vote for change, a vote for a chance at something different than the same ol same ol and the Dems know what a danger he was to them so they tried to make him out to be a racist.

Who needs Russians when we have the Dems spreading false narratives and fake news.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
michiganmoon;53978364]You have it backwards. The Russian online attempts targeted black people so they would vote 3rd party or Trump as opposed to Hillary.
Was not aware of that.

Quote:
I think the suppressing is a stretch if it is just fake posts from a fake black person about the "Democrats not owning my vote" - which is extra offensive to democrats.

Democrats seem to think that blacks are highly gullible if 0.1% of the posts online will make them not vote or change their vote.
No doubt the leaders think the electorate is ignorant they keep putting both parties in power and in most cases vote for the same people over and over again. The {D} leaders know they have the black vote in the bag which gives black voters and the leaders they pick no leverage.

Quote:
I find it downright disgusting that so many Americans have a double standard with foreign meddling.

The Mexican government urged voters on how to vote in the US *crickets*…..Obama meddled in foreign elections for a fact *crickets*…...Bill Clinton certifiably changed the outcome of an election in the 1990s over in Russia *braggable*…...0.1% of online posts were Russian in 2016 BLOODY MURDER!!!!!!!
Quote:
I think this is part of the reason why so many people across the globe think Americans are pompous. We meddle more than any other country on earth and the scream the sky is falling over Facebook posts.
[/QUOTE
I had a number of relatives who never voted Republican once in their lives who voted for Trump.
The whole world has to be laughing at us. Americans better get used to it our democracy has gone global and both parties invited outside interference to suppress voters from the opposite side. Which begs the question of who is the bigger threat our leaders or the Russians?

Old 12-26-2018, 09:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Like blacks needed some outside influence not to vote for a (R).
Now put on some critical thinking skills and ask your self why would Russians target blacks when they vote in the 90% range for a (D)? And also answer how did the Russians suppress the black vote using Twitter and other social media?
This should be good.
Obviously to SUPPRESS the vote. To get them NOT to vote for Hillary. To get them NOT to vote at all.

Hence the term voter suppression.

Interesting that the Trump campaign team outright admitted that voter suppression was one of the cards they played as well.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:18 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Obviously to SUPPRESS the vote. To get them NOT to vote for Hillary. To get them NOT to vote at all.

Hence the term voter suppression.

Interesting that the Trump campaign team outright admitted that voter suppression was one of the cards they played as well.
Yes, I already wrote that I made a typo.

Let me ask you this, The information from the Steele dossier that was paid for by both parties and was used to suppress Trump support? True or False?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies