Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US withdraw from Syria?
Yes: We don't gain anything by staying. 58 81.69%
No: The US has so much at stake (please explain). 8 11.27%
No: Obama started this and we must finish it for him. 1 1.41%
No: I can't articulate a reason why we should seriously stay, but I automatically oppose anything Trump does. 0 0%
Undecided. 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 05:21 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times

Advertisements

I support ending Nobel Peace Prize winner Barack Obama's Syrian war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 05:22 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
After all the anti-war marches and rhetoric of the Bush years, Democrats are now pro-war.

Maybe they weren't anti-war, maybe they were.......anti-Bush?

Old 12-26-2018, 05:25 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Should the US withdraw from Syria?
Yes: We don't gain anything by staying.
No: The US has so much at stake (please explain).
No: Obama started this and we must finish it for him.
No: I can't articulate a reason why we should seriously stay, but I automatically oppose anything Trump does.

None of these reflects my view, but with your snippy wording, I'm not sure if you really want good answers.

My personal opinion is that we should have gone in, forcefully, long before we did. I was furious with Obama for doing nothing. We have nothing at stake directly, but surely we should be supporting a rare effort toward democracy in the middle east?

As to now, so much damage is done that I doubt it can be repaired, but for Trump to back out now, first shows a indifference that is contemptible, and second, shows another worrisome example of possibly pandering to Russia.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:57 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
After all the anti-war marches and rhetoric of the Bush years, Democrats are now pro-war.

Not every party is cut & dry. You know there are hawks in the Dem party.
As for Bush if he would have just focused on Bin Laden and avoided Iraq he would have had a much different approval rating. Every one cheered when Bin Laden was killed under Obama.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:16 PM

271 posts, read 139,845 times
It looks like there 's 6 people here that have been watching too many Iron Man movies.

After 5 failed years in Syria, folks have got to let go over their ego's and realize that the US simply does not posses the ability to change the Assad government with Russia and Iran helping them.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:31 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
this thread isnt about me even though I would be an amazing subject--Please discuss the topic(removal of troops from Syria), not me, despite my awesomeness.
Clearly, I'm responding to your hypocritical statement. In the category: You can dish it out but can't take it.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:49 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I want a full withdraw from the middle east. There is no purpose there. What is the purpose of fighting a war for 18 years? Not even finishing up the first war, then starting another war....then start a civil war. GET US OUT. Enough is enough. The wars have already bankrupted us.

Assad controls 80% of his country. Assad, Russia, and their allies can secure the rest of the country without shedding any additional American lives and money.

Syria is for Syrians. Let them pickup and rebuild the destruction that we have brought upon them.
^^^^^This

Why, exactly, are we sacrificing the lives of young American men and women fighting for the people of the Middle East? The ME has been an Islamic s**thole for 1300 years, with one group of violent nuts killing other such groups the entire time. There is no reason to sacrifice a single American (or the TAXPAYERs money) for these people. Bring our troops home.

We should put as much effort protecting Americans as we do the rest of the world.

It's time to stop our efforts at nation building and manipulating the leadership of independent countries.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:53 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Should the US withdraw from Syria?
Yes: We don't gain anything by staying.
No: The US has so much at stake (please explain).
No: Obama started this and we must finish it for him.
No: I can't articulate a reason why we should seriously stay, but I automatically oppose anything Trump does.

None of these reflects my view, but with your snippy wording, I'm not sure if you really want good answers.

My personal opinion is that we should have gone in, forcefully, long before we did. I was furious with Obama for doing nothing. We have nothing at stake directly, but surely we should be supporting a rare effort toward democracy in the middle east?

As to now, so much damage is done that I doubt it can be repaired, but for Trump to back out now, first shows a indifference that is contemptible, and second, shows another worrisome example of possibly pandering to Russia.
Why? Not our country, not our problem. Why should we be interfering in the internal politics of yet another ME country? Are we too damn stupid to learn from our mistakes? Iraq? Iran? Afghanistan? We prop up Saudi-only to have them dominated by one of the most primitive, barbaric forms of a primitive, barbaric religion. Egypt...when we put the Muslim Brotherhood into power?

Why is it worth ONE American life?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:57 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
No matter how one feels politically about the situation in Syria I don't believe you can get any worse than Assad who gassed his own people.
What a despicable human being he is if you can even call him that!
"Gassed his own people" Same rationale that got us into Iraq

Old 12-27-2018, 11:11 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

That is most likely. We have the same Leftist and others who call Trump a lier for not fullfilling his campaign promises. Of course they take the opposite stance when he gets us out of what Obama started. Obama should just give his Nobel peace prize to Trump! Thank God we finally have Peaceful President. Next to Obama, Trump is like Ghandi, to Obama's Luis Farakhan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies