Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 08:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I agree with this. I mentioned this in another thread, but it's amazing how Hispanic illegals can wait on a corner to get picked up by a pickup truck to a job site, and then dropped off, but if it was a group of Black Americans on the corner selling drugs, they will be arrested and possibly shot. Why is illegal drugs so much worse than illegal construction or crop picking to law enforcement and district attorneys?
They are not any worse, how do you explain how ALL these drugs come in and reach their destination, and so consistently? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 08:19 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
This has to be one of the most ridiculous comparisons ever.
Please explain.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:20 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you still repeating this nonsense is spite of the facts about the good walls? Do you have cotton between your ears? Once again, not all illegals are coming here for work so how does cracking down on the employers stop that problem?
So since not lol illegal immigrants work we shouldn’t work on that end of the problem, but not all (or even most) illegal immigrants cross the southern border either. By your logic we shouldn’t have any border security.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We know that the employers are a part of the problem. When did we ever say otherwise? We want e-verify mandated in every workplace to stop them. What about those who pay them cash, thus the wall! There have been employers who have been caught hiring illegal aliens and were held accountable for it in the past couple of years. It has to be proven that an employer "knowingly" had illegals working for them. Illegals present some pretty authentic looking fake or stolen documents to work.

How many times do I have to repeat that not all illegals are coming here to work, thus the wall? Stop this constant yammering in here day in and day out about Mexico paying for the wall. Trump has a plan and I have posted it several times. Even if the taxpayer had to fund it, it would be cost effective and the good walls in place already have reduced illegal entry in some places by 90%.

Any other lame arguments? I've heard them all over and over in here like a bunch of parrots day in and day out. Move on, for Christ's sake!
You need to tell that to trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXdSqHhRvvg

Old 12-28-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Easy.

When was the last time that you saw a jail that worked that didn't have walls? Because that's where criminals who use guns end up.

i.e. Walls Stop Criminals. You just proved it.

Thank you for the topic. You summed it up exactly.
Lol. Walls keep people IN, when they don’t have access to ladders, ropes, that kind of thing. Do you really think those things don’t exist in Mexico?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:25 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
This is possibly the most ignorant comparison I’ve ever seen here. I can’t imagine how stupid a person would have to be to think this up.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:29 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Lol. Walls keep people IN, when they don’t have access to ladders, ropes, that kind of thing. Do you really think those things don’t exist in Mexico?
If that’s the case why do the existing wall sections work great? They aren’t anywhere as well built or y’all as the planned wall and people aren’t crossing over it with ladders. Do you really believe the average human can scale a 30’ tall concrete and steel wall designed to not allow it? If a wall only stops 75% of the people who attempt to cross it would be the biggest success in history.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:32 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Same argument......

For starters the gun control laws would hinder a Constitutionally guaranteed legal activity for the citizens of this country while the wall will only affect the illegal activities of people that are not citizens of this country.

It's not even close to the same argument is it?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If that’s the case why do the existing wall sections work great? They aren’t anywhere as well built or y’all as the planned wall and people aren’t crossing over it with ladders. Do you really believe the average human can scale a 30’ tall concrete and steel wall designed to not allow it? If a wall only stops 75% of the people who attempt to cross it would be the biggest success in history.
Lololololol

Wait you are serious?

Let me get this straight you think it’s odd that people aren’t going over when they can go around? Ladders become a viable option when you have to go over. Look people will usually cross a river at its narrowest point, but if that isn’t a option that doesn’t mean they won’t build a raft and cross elsewhere.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This is possibly the most ignorant comparison I’ve ever seen here. I can’t imagine how stupid a person would have to be to think this up.

1. The result of outlawing guns is that only criminals would have guns.
2. We should not create a state of affairs in which only criminals have guns.
Therefore,
3. We should not outlaw guns.

To take this logic to trump's wall folly:

1. The result of building a law is that only criminal immigrants will breach the wall.
2. We should not create a state of affairs in which only criminals pass our border.
3. We should not build a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies