Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 03:42 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So, my local Washington DC news affiliate just reported that the active duty Coast Guard members will miss their paychecks because they are not funded by the DoD budget but by the DHS budget (which is not funded).
That's how I understand it too, but heard the first full paycheck will be missed on Jan.11th.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 03:44 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Grandstanding tends to appeal to baser emotions more so than would truly caring enough to do the right thing.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:37 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
And still no source. More just “take my word for it” and wrong at that.

Yea, that's all we have done with you...taken your word that your daughter did not get paid......

Old 12-28-2018, 04:40 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's how I understand it too, but heard the first full paycheck will be missed on Jan.11th.
This article states that they won't get the check they were supposed to get on Monday, 31 Dec.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/coast-...2018-paychecks

Old 12-28-2018, 04:46 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BS..every single person was paid today....

Just more BS from the left....Not a single one of my military friends have complained about not being paid, why you ask...they got paid...that's why.
The pay they got today was from last pay period, which was already processed and the pay period occurred when the gov was not shut down.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Another one who "knows" more than the actual people in the USCG, the military times, and so on.

"Unless legislation is passed by Friday, Dec. 28, our military workforce will not receive our regularly scheduled pay check for 31 Dec.," Chief Warrant Officer Allyson Conroy said in a statement to NBC News on Wednesday."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...own-continues/

Same applies to NOAA corp btw.
They received there pay, depending on the bank, they started receiving it today. It was processed starting last Friday. I know this because I know active members of the Coast Guard who told me today that they did indeed receive their pay.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:51 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They received there pay, depending on the bank, they started receiving it today. It was processed starting last Friday. I know this because I know active members of the Coast Guard who told me today that they did indeed receive their pay.
I guess this article was incorrect then?

Quote:
Most of the affected agencies’ civilian employees will get paid Dec. 28, or a few days later, for work performed prior to the start of the shutdown on Dec. 22. That’s because their pay period generally ran from Dec. 9 through Dec. 22.

But since the military pay schedule is different — the pre-shutdown pay period was Dec. 1 through Dec. 15 — Coast Guard members won’t get paid for work they did through Dec. 21. That’s because military pay systems don’t allow for paychecks covering a partial pay period, according to a Q&A posted on the Coast Guard’s website.

If and when there’s a deal to reopen the government that President Donald Trump signs into law, Coast Guard paychecks should be processed within three to five days.

Congress could pass emergency legislation to ensure Coast Guard paychecks go out, but it would need to happen before this weekend. That would likely require both chambers to gavel in briefly and pass legislation by unanimous consent, with Trump’s signature on the other end. All of that happening in the current environment seems like a remote prospect, at best.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:51 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The pay they got today was from last pay period, which was already processed and the pay period occurred when the gov was not shut down.

Yes, I agree.

But don't worry....you'll be called slow, don't know anything...and then you'll find out that the person you quoted, absolutely 100% had no clue, and admits to it....

Old 12-28-2018, 04:53 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
This article states that they won't get the check they were supposed to get on Monday, 31 Dec.

Either / or I guess. Both the articles seem legit. (the one I heard was on Poltico podcast).

I DO know that we got our VA check. (Yeah, I know, different agency)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-28-2018, 04:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Sometimes, that paycheck comes too late, Neutral. If this stretches on for a month, there will be a LOT of people terribly negatively affected.
Judging by Trump's triple down today, it very well may
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies