Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do the walls in your home work?
Yes, my home is free of illegals. 24 54.55%
No, illegals freely pass through my walls like ghosts. 13 29.55%
I don't know. I just open the front door and let in whoever approaches. 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 10:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,152,315 times

Advertisements

You guys sound skeptical of walls. I wanted to hear about your experiences with them.

Which choice applies to you?

Do the walls in your home work?
A. Yes, my home is free of illegals.
B. No, illegals freely pass through my walls like ghosts.
C. I don't know. I just open the front door and let in whoever approaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 10:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
You guys sound skeptical of walls. I wanted to hear about your experiences with them.

What a dumb post.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:35 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,595,829 times
The equating of the wall of a small, enclosed structure that has extremely limited appeal to intruders with a proposed border wall tells me all I need to know. Thank you for this astoundingly buffoonish comparison.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,152,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The equating of the wall of a small, enclosed structure that has extremely limited appeal to intruders with a proposed border wall tells me all I need to know. Thank you for this astoundingly buffoonish comparison.
But people still break in, right? Why even have walls?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:42 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,787,558 times
Quote:
To stay dry and warm?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,335,078 times
Quote:
Why indeed? Makes Trump happy and Mexico will pay for it, right?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:49 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,504,314 times
Quote:

So Neko do you have a 20 foot wall surrounding your propert? If not I guess you think walls are unnecessary. I mean you would not put your family at risk. Please post pics of your perimeter security. Thanks in advance,

Old 12-28-2018, 05:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What a dumb post.
No it's not a dumb post but a better one would have been for rich people who live in gated communities.

Why do those gated communities have walls & gates?
A. Are those walls effective in keep out people who don't belong in?

Old 12-28-2018, 05:36 AM

Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
252 posts, read 236,618 times
Yes. They hold up my roof.

Are we going to line the coasts and place a wall across the Canadian border so we can build a roof to keep out the rain, sleet, and snow? Are we going to go asphalt shingle, metal, or slats?

Solar panels would be nice.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:37 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,736,389 times
It is a stupid post. Private property that you have sole control over is not the same as a country where people legally go in and out all the time and where they can even legally just show up and ask to be let in. Yes, obviously a wall would be a physical barrier where the wall stood. Since not only is it legal to simply approach and ask for asylum, we also have these newfangled contraptions called airplanes. Since most people here illegally have simply overstayed their legal visas, a wall would not work the way you think it would to keep them out in the first place.

Let's say that you invited your friend to stay at your house for a week, but at the end of the week, they simply didn't leave. Maybe they have their mail coming to your home, they copied the houseguest key you had made for them, etc. Your walls are not going to keep them out. You could erect a magnificent and beautiful wall (or fence with slats) for the cost of a million dollars (that you are asking your neighbors to fund) around part of your property, but more unwanted guests can simply go around the wall or can get an invitation (or ring the doorbell) and then not leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies