Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do the walls in your home work?
Yes, my home is free of illegals. 24 54.55%
No, illegals freely pass through my walls like ghosts. 13 29.55%
I don't know. I just open the front door and let in whoever approaches. 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

So if walls work in our homes, why do we need to LOCK OUR DOORS????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 05:54 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Actually, walls telegraph that there is something of VALUE behind them, therefore attracting more crooks and immigrants.

If you wanted to use this "logic", what we'd do is pump all the sewage from the big border cities into a great wide River - Trump would build it because he is an amazing builder. He builds concrete hotels and condos that are actually square or rectangular (like have been being built for 90 years or so)......

So pump a bunch of refuse there......and the problem will be solved. I can confirm that people do not seek out giant piles of excrement. Much cheaper than solar powered glass walls.

A wall has to be the most idiotic idea ever considered....it assumes human beings are stupid and they are not. Any and every system a human has come up with has been laughed at by other humans who get around it.

Hey, how about ALL the smartest people in the world developing high security for all these massive companies with unlimited budgets? You know, the same ones who then get hacked for 100 million customer accounts...oh well, there goes that one!

Why would anyone be so dumb when you can solve 90% of the problem with a piece or two of legislation.

1. E-verify. If the wall lovers here would press Texas and Florida to do e-verify, they'd show us how it was done. Instead, they are clearly showing that conservatives want illegal labor.

2. Verification for housing - heck, where I live if you try to rent out AirBNB the town always finds out and wants their piece. Landlords should be forced to do e-verify (of sorts) also.

Penalties and fines for the above should be instant - like traffic tickets where you are guilty unless proven innocent. Money talks. Make people responsible and they do the right thing.

But a wall? It doesn't help at all because those employers in Florida, Texas, the midwest and elsewhere ARE going to get their labor come hell or high water. And they are not about to pay Americans a fair wage and benefits nor put up with "employee rights" and stuff like that.
So why do people that work DHS, ICE, and border patrol all say that a wall would be a big help. These are the people doing the work why wouldnt we give them a listen, seems logical to me.

I'd like unbiased studies and information to really understand all of this. My gut common sense is telling me that walls work on some level, better than nothing it would seem.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:57 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
So if walls work in our homes, why do we need to LOCK OUR DOORS????
You mean to say that a wall nothing more than a deterrent, and not an end-all-be-all? Shocking!

Old 12-31-2018, 06:02 AM

9,884 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Obama could have demanded that those walls not be built. There have been many presidents who do not live in walled homes.

Harry Truman used to sit on his front porch in Liberty and people would walk right up and chat with him.

You know it's not 1954 anymore......

The Secret Service advises what the former President needs to do and yes, he can decline.

So do you expect that Trump will move into an office off the lobby of Trump Tower without any security when he leaves office?

Old 12-31-2018, 06:13 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
The Democrats and their supporters want AMNESTY which is a code word for Open Borders as it incentivizes ILLEGAL ALIENS to come here. They want more Democrat voters, and one party rule, that is the only reason.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:21 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrats and their supporters want AMNESTY which is a code word for Open Borders as it incentivizes ILLEGAL ALIENS to come here. They want more Democrat voters, and one party rule, that is the only reason.
I've heard this said before and I used to think that it was BS. Pelosi calling border walls immoral it sure is starting to add some merit to this point of view.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You mean to say that a wall nothing more than a deterrent, and not an end-all-be-all? Shocking!
Great point but who claimed a wall would end 100% of illegal immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies