Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 10:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,256,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Traveling from Brussels to Newark NY, a passenger has proven to have measles and at risk of having put hundreds at risk for this disease!

This time a sick passenger is the cause that should have never entered a plane.

At the border we are getting illegals into the country with all kinds of diseases that are not often heard of in today’s society. Sadly we all are now at risk to illnesses that we thought were no kinder a risk.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/newarkn...istmas-eve-doh
Measles? The only people at risk are the antivaxxers. May be they will die and take their brand of stupid with them.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:12 PM

37,175 posts, read 41,370,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Measles? The only people at risk are the antivaxxers.
That is not true. For about 3 to 5% of those who are vaccinated it does not provide protection. Infants under 12 months will not have gotten the first dose of vaccine yet. Those who are immunosuppressed may not be protected even though they have been vaccinated.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:14 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,598,995 times
So low-information people too dumb to figure out that they should get vaccinated are all of a sudden smart enough to figure out that diseases might affect them? Waaaah I hate science, yet waaaah science save me!!

Old 12-29-2018, 10:29 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,245,944 times
CDC: Get rid of Romaine lettuce. OK, Will Do, you know best!

CDC: Vaccinate your children. Oh hell no, I'm the parent here, I'll make those decisions! I'll use essential oils, all is fine.

I'm more worried about ignorant soccer moms, and their belief in internet memes.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:08 AM

8,649 posts, read 10,180,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Now we will have this myth that illegals are bringing in all these diseases. This international traveler was not an illegal.

The lack of logical, rational thinking is crazy.
How can you prove it is a myth when we cannot adequately and correctly account for HOW many illegals have crossed/continue to cross the borders over the years and WHERE they come from (origin), health/vaccination history, etc.?

In the past, the arrival of diseases was due to the arrival of Europeans and the Columbia exchange (widespread transfer of plants, animals, culture, etc.) without controls in place that brought about smallpox, bubonic plague, chickenpox, cholera, the common cold, diphtheria, influenza, malaria, measles, scarlet fever, sexually transmitted diseases, typhoid, typhus, tuberculosis, pertussis (whooping cough).

In regards to the Ebola situation a few years back, Thomas Eric Duncan was a Liberian citizen visiting family in Dallas. Yes, he was visiting legally and not hiding in the shadows, but we were fortunate to be able to track that situation and fortunate that the Dallas hospital, even though warning signs were initially missed/patient not diagnosed until it was too late, became equipped with ebola infection controls for this type of unprecedented event since not every health department or system in the US was prepared to handle Ebola even though the CDC director falsely assured the public that the US was prepared.

If diseases can be brought over from international travelers who aren't "illegal", what makes you think we can control how or whether or not diseases are brought across the border if we are turning a blind eye to border security? In addition, we cannot control WHERE illegals who cross the borders come from originally.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,074,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
How can you prove it is a myth when we cannot adequately and correctly account for HOW many illegals have crossed/continue to cross the borders over the years and WHERE they come from (origin), health/vaccination history, etc.?

In the past, the arrival of diseases was due to the arrival of Europeans and the Columbia exchange (widespread transfer of plants, animals, culture, etc.) without controls in place that brought about smallpox, bubonic plague, chickenpox, cholera, the common cold, diphtheria, influenza, malaria, measles, scarlet fever, sexually transmitted diseases, typhoid, typhus, tuberculosis, pertussis (whooping cough).

In regards to the Ebola situation a few years back, Thomas Eric Duncan was a Liberian citizen visiting family in Dallas. Yes, he was visiting legally and not hiding in the shadows, but we were fortunate to be able to track that situation and fortunate that the Dallas hospital, even though warning signs were initially missed/patient not diagnosed until it was too late, became equipped with ebola infection controls for this type of unprecedented event since not every health department or system in the US was prepared to handle Ebola even though the CDC director falsely assured the public that the US was prepared.

If diseases can be brought over from international travelers who aren't "illegal", what makes you think we can control how or whether or not diseases are brought across the border if we are turning a blind eye to border security? In addition, we cannot control WHERE illegals who cross the borders come from originally.
The only thing we can do is go by the number of recorded incidents of communicable diseases.

Measles, pox, turberculosis specifically.......they track the source pretty carefully in hospitals, etc.

There is no record or indicators that suggest there is a surge of these diseases contracted from contact with illegal residents.

Think about this -- they can specifically identify the time period of those at the airport that should be concerned from one carrier.

Pretty impressive.

And even with this administration, determined to paint a picture of chaos created by illegals.....there is no surge in recording these communicable diseases -- including in the detention centers for these illegals.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:21 PM

8,649 posts, read 10,180,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The only thing we can do is go by the number of recorded incidents of communicable diseases.

Measles, pox, turberculosis specifically.......they track the source pretty carefully in hospitals, etc.

There is no record or indicators that suggest there is a surge of these diseases contracted from contact with illegal residents.

Think about this -- they can specifically identify the time period of those at the airport that should be concerned from one carrier.

Pretty impressive.

And even with this administration, determined to paint a picture of chaos created by illegals.....there is no surge in recording these communicable diseases -- including in the detention centers for these illegals.
That's great for recording occurrences related to detention centers; however, you and I both know that there are many illegals who never step foot in a detention center.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:32 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,856,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
CDC: Get rid of Romaine lettuce. OK, Will Do, you know best!

CDC: Vaccinate your children. Oh hell no, I'm the parent here, I'll make those decisions! I'll use essential oils, all is fine.

I'm more worried about ignorant soccer moms, and their belief in internet memes.
Come on now, you have to appreciate and respect people who follow the vaccination guidance of a person who's greatest achievement, aside form graduating high school, is posing for Playboy, lol.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:11 PM

37,175 posts, read 41,370,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That's great for recording occurrences related to detention centers; however, you and I both know that there are many illegals who never step foot in a detention center.
Can you find a report of an illegal alien as the documented source of a measles outbreak? An outbreak of any vaccine preventable disease?

Central American countries vaccinate against TB, by the way. The US does not.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:33 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,171,127 times
Lol my earlier post should’ve said “we are more at risk from anti-vaccine parents who are us citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies