Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Maybe Mexico will agree to pay for stairs to be built on their side of trumps wall!

Old 01-13-2019, 01:37 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Maybe Mexico will agree to pay for stairs to be built on their side of trumps wall!
So...you are an invasion cheerleader. In other words, you want to encourage illegals to sneak into this country?

If you were attempting to make a joke, you failed miserably.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:41 PM

3,852 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The latest data shows that about half of them come across the Southern Border. Why can't we built a wall AND address those that hire illegal aliens?
The priority should be on employers. If we did just that, we would stop most illegal immigration that comes by any means. People wouldn't run across the border if there was no work for them to find.

The physical wall would be inherently ineffective and expensive. Trump can't even come up with the funding for such a massive project. That's a waste of time and money.

We need a real wall by just enforcing the existing laws - going after AMERICANS who enable illegal immigration and not millions of foreign nationals.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:54 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
The priority should be on employers. If we did just that, we would stop most illegal immigration that comes by any means. People wouldn't run across the border if there was no work for them to find.

The physical wall would be inherently ineffective and expensive. Trump can't even come up with the funding for such a massive project. That's a waste of time and money.

We need a real wall by just enforcing the existing laws - going after AMERICANS who enable illegal immigration and not millions of foreign nationals.
Going after employers only affects those who are looking for work, it doesn't do anything to prevent people smuggling drugs, sex slave children, guns or other weapons used to harm Americans. It also doesn't help stop the flow of illegal aliens who only come to take advantage of our social services, hospitals and school systems. The caravans we've been hearing about are perfect examples, a large portion of those people aren't demanding jobs. They're demanding entry, food, water and services.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I'm a right leaning person, who voted for Trump and does not support illegal immigration, but I think building a great wall across the southern border is a stupid idea that would achieve nothing in addition to being fiscally irresponsible.

We have to go after the industry to that profits off of illegal aliens. It would actually be easy to do. We wouldn't even have to pass any laws. Enforcement is just going after the wrong people, and getting nothing done.
I think it is high time someone explain to those in opposition to a wall, just what the hell walls do.
They keep people in, and keep people out.
Go to any prison in the world, and more than likely it is surrounded by a wall.
The purpose of the wall is to keep people in.
Obviously they work extremely well, at keeping people in.
I don't believe any one can question that fact.

Go to some countries(the vatican comes to mind, as well as israel) and you will find, walls do keep people out.
All over America, you can find "gated communities" where many wealthy, and upper class people live.
These communities are gated, and walled off to the general public for protection of the residents, and work quite well at keeping people out.
So when the statement, "walls don't work" is said, that is an out and out lie, they do work at keeping people out, just as the walls in prisons, keep people in.

I agree that much more needs to be done concerning employment of illegals, but I also agree that the first line of defense is to create a solid barrier to stop the flow of illegals from getting into the country in the first place.

Once they are here, it is absolutely impossible to keep track of them.
First order of business is to stop the flow, then go after the incentives which is drawing the illegals to the country in the first place.

Presently we are at the point of trying to fill a glass with water that has holes in the bottom of it.
Unless we seal the holes, the water will continue to flow out the bottom, and the glass will never fill.

I would like to have an answer(by the democrats, and liberals on this forum) to one question.

If you were to go to another country(any other country in the world) do you believe they would allow you in, in the first place,to enter undocumented, and would they allow you, free health care,, housing, education, and further allow you to take jobs from the legal people of that country, and would they make any children you birth, a citizen of that country.

The answers to this should be interesting.
Can't wait to read them.

Bob.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:03 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jul...cted-president

In the fourth paragraph, Castro, who is going to be running for the presidency in 2020 clearly states Trump's policy " is not stopping immigrants from coming into the country."

Seems clear to me, in order to stop the flow, a barrier should be in place.
That is just common sense.
Do whatever else is necessary to stop the flow, but BUILD THE BARRIER FIRST !!!

Bob
Get rid of the welfare state. Problem solved.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you are an invasion cheerleader. In other words, you want to encourage illegals to sneak into this country?

If you were attempting to make a joke, you failed miserably.
I am pointing out how useless a wall can be, especially for a price tag of billions.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:06 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am pointing out how useless a wall can be, especially for a price tag of billions.

Your failure is noted....again...

Quote:
The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

Old 01-13-2019, 02:13 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That isn't the plan, I'm glad we all agree.

US Border patrol agents disagree with you 100% and everyone coming across the border illegally aren't coming here for a job so stopping employment is only part of the answer. We also need to prevent drugs, criminals, mothers looking to birth anchor babies and everyone else that's flooding our border.
Why stop expectant mother's at the border ? We are giving tourist visas to expectant moms from all over the world? Birthright citizenship is a now a money making racket.

We sell visas to people who will buy 500K worth of real estate. This whole damn thing makes no sense. We worry about terrorist getting in. Why should they be concerned, when all they need to do is buy 500K worth of real estate? The Saudis can afford it.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:19 PM

3,852 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I agree that much more needs to be done concerning employment of illegals, but I also agree that the first line of defense is to create a solid barrier to stop the flow of illegals from getting into the country in the first place.
You're ignoring that people come here in planes with visas and just overstay.

The flow of illegals is actually controlled by incentives (finding work). You stop the flow by removing the incentives for people to come here in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies