Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate Trump at the 2-year mark
1 151 47.19%
2 26 8.13%
3 11 3.44%
4 1 0.31%
5 6 1.88%
6 6 1.88%
7 23 7.19%
8 30 9.38%
9 20 6.25%
10 46 14.38%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 08:25 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I really do wonder about the people giving him a rating of one. Do they really believe that not a single positive thing came from Trump? Decreased taxes, low unemployment, stock market doing well, ISIS pretty much wiped out. That stuff doesn't count for any credit whatsoever, huh?
I afford him a 1 because he recently supported the bipartisan criminal justice reform act. But the low unemployment was courtesy of the programs Obama put into place. The Tax plan is for the rich only (my taxes went up) and no president controls the stock market. ISIS is only partially defeated, despite Trump's policies and his alienation of our allies. So no, he doesn't get credit for those things. His wholesale destruction of clean air and water standards, trying to sell off National Parks and Monuments, appointing agency heads from people who were formerly in industries controlled by those agencies, and therefore with massive conflicts of interest..... I could go on, or I could be more specific, but it makes me tired to think of it all. So no, he gets only one point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 08:25 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
I really do wonder about the people giving him a rating of one. Do they really believe that not a single positive thing came from Trump? Decreased taxes, low unemployment, stock market doing well, ISIS pretty much wiped out. That stuff doesn't count for any credit whatsoever, huh?
Have you noticed that pretty much the only praise of Trump is financial, mostly that people would were already comfortably off are even richer? That shouldn't be the primary boast of America, it seems to me.

By the way, ISIS may have lost its foundational justification with its territory, but terrorism is certainly not wiped out. If you pay even minimal attention to the news, you'll certainly be aware of unending attacks all over the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
People who post polls on this forum are perfect examples of why we should ignore all polls as nonsense.
Unless I post a poll someday. But I don't know how to post a poll so it may never happen!
You must not know much about polls. This is an informal, very limited polls and can't be compared to a professional one.

Listen, try a poll. Even I managed to do it, so it can't be that impossible.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:27 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm sorry to be saying this, but Trump is not only the worst president ever, but worse than I ever would have thought possible. He's so bad - ignorant, mean, narcissistic, bigoted, petty, bullying, vulgar, greedy, predatory, shallow, dictatorial, mendacious - that he makes other "bad" presidents look better by comparison.
This.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Please join the rest of us here in 2019 because NONE of the things that you have listed are actually true.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Remove 1 and 10 votes. (Loyalists and the butthurt). Now you have more realistic numbers. He’s not perfect (10), and things arent that bad (1).

Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
He gets a 1 which is 10% if a 10 is 100%, so that's the credit he gets by default.

He lowered taxes mostly for the very rich and very wealthy corporations and it didn't trickle down it's at a cost now of over $2 trillion added to our national debt. Low unemployment is only because he inherited a buzzing economy that was improving on it's own and it just went up. The stock market had it's worst December since the great depression.

So even if you count things as good, all the bad he has done with conspiring with Putin negate any of that as well as him saying that the white pride racists were good people. He befriends murderous kings and dictators and antagonizes and distances us from out allies.

And Isis is only mostly beaten in Syria, they are still out there and even general Mattis resigned because Trump pulled out of Syria because the dictator in Turkey told him to.

He is a pathological liar which nobody can deny.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Remove 1 and 10 votes. (Loyalists and the butthurt). Now you have more realistic numbers. He’s not perfect (10), and things arent that bad (1).
Actually I wish that the survey had the option of voting (0)

Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
His tax reform mainly benefited the rich. The stock market has been doing horrible. But it will always bounce back. I don't give credit to any president for the stock market. And ISIS is not wiped out. Listen to our military not Trump because he has no idea what he is talking about.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Round up all the 1s to 2s and all the 10s to 9 and he's still a mess. I'm surprised this place finally sees it, it used to be mostly people who supported him blindly.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Round up all the 1s to 2s and all the 10s to 9 and he's still a mess. I'm surprised this place finally sees it, it used to be mostly people who supported him blindly.
The old adage of "rats" and "sinking ships".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies