Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 08:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times

Advertisements

"He said, he said" between sociopaths...

Ready, set, debate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 08:46 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,503,087 times
Anyone who grew up in the NYC area regarded Trump as a s stooge. As much as he claimed to be a huge NYC developer he never even cracked the top 20. He was a blowhard that only the NY Post paid any attention to. And at that time the Post was the equivalent of the National Enquirer. What has been surprising is that people not familiar with his game have so easily latched on to it. I mean growing up in the NYC area to fall for his con you would be labeled a rube. It is what its is. You are what your are.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,440,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You are so funny, lol. All I saw was Trump sitting there with his arms crossed like a big baby.
Seriously? You missed then the laserbeams of disgust from the eyes of the second row at the least. Lol.
Gad what a spectacle he carrry s around.

The emperor has no clothes.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:00 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,607,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Obama voted for a wall.
half true, partially accurate, but ignores important context ...

Did Clinton once want to build 'a wall' too?
Quote:
In 2006, Hillary Clinton voted for the Secure Fence Act (Barack Obama also voted for it, while Bernie Sanders voted against it). It was signed into law by George W. Bush, but was never fully funded. The law authorized the Department of Homeland Security to build about 700 miles of border fence, 649 was completed in 2011 (a fact highlighted by President Obama). Later, during the Democratic primary of 2008, both Clinton and Obama backed away from their position.

Clinton's wall, which was basically completed in 2011, includes 299 miles of vehicle barriers and 250 miles of pedestrian fence. The rest was designed as 14-foot reinforced fencing.

Specifics of Trump's proposed wall are difficult to come by
, but in various iterations, he appears to be talking about a larger, longer physical barrier. (my bold)

Old 01-07-2019, 11:14 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,601,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why does the guy lie so blatantly???
Because he can't let down his base support group. Those misfits have to constantly be fed lies or they will lose faith in him. They elected him to lie and cheat and they somehow think it will benefit them, while depriving all others. That's the way that ignorant, impoverished rednecks think and Trump owns the franchise for that kind of voters.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Until he says something even they cannot stomach. Then, it's not about what he said, but about what he meant.
The ONLY thing he will EVER say that his followers don't agree with "I concede". "I agree". "I'll compromise".

That's it.

He can say any outrageous lie, or incredibly offensive remark, and they're cheering.

He just can't give an inch to "the enemy", which, in fact, is more than half of America ironically.

And so he's stuck on this wall thing. He can not compromise, or he's sunk.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:59 AM

63,009 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Because he can't let down his base support group. Those misfits have to constantly be fed lies or they will lose faith in him. They elected him to lie and cheat and they somehow think it will benefit them, while depriving all others. That's the way that ignorant, impoverished rednecks think and Trump owns the franchise for that kind of voters.

What a disgrace to speak about your fellow Americans that way who don't share your political views. Speaking of lies your post above is nothing but lies but hypocricy rules with you
liberals.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:03 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,456,666 times
They are lying. Bush supported it AND Obama voted for it and here are the Leftists with amnesia.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:09 AM

68,335 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Seriously? You missed then the laserbeams of disgust from the eyes of the second row at the least. Lol.
Gad what a spectacle he carrry s around.

The emperor has no clothes.

Please! That's an image we need not visit!

Old 01-08-2019, 07:40 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Well..did you see the nonstop chatter between the Trumps and the past presidents at Bush Sr Funeral?
Maybe that is when they all praised him for finally getting done what they begged for but never could get done?
Actually - no I did not see the former presidents do anything more than nod or say hello for one second. Maybe you could post a clip of what you believe you saw? What I saw was the group of former presidents and wives chatting amicably until Donny Downer showed up.

The former presidents are all very polite and behave with dignity and decorum in public. Of course they behave as mature adults. They are are nothing like the immature boor-in-chief who still envies all that the other more well-respected presidents have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies