Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2019, 07:48 PM

17 posts, read 6,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You forgot the "Nine" in the small of my back....just in case things really get janky.

...this tea is hot

Old 01-11-2019, 07:52 PM

17 posts, read 6,687 times
Default isnt it odd...

...the anger and insults thrown around this thread from the "V/v" (Vikings/also victims) when racism is discussed.

It's not like theyve offered any solutions for racism.
They just want me to stop talking about it.

I get it tho.

To the PRIVILIGED, Equality feels like Oppression.

Stop stressin yall. Equality is not FINITE. Everybody can have some, and theyre will still be a lot of Equality left for you.

It's a freedom, not a pie.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
September 18, 2017

Americans, especially wealthy whites, vastly overestimate progress toward racial economic equality despite evidence of persistent gaps between black and white workers when it comes to hourly wages, annual income and household wealth, according to a new paper by Yale University researchers published Monday.

The study’s results are especially stunning in the wake of census data released last week that showed that African Americans were the only racial group still making less than they did in 2000.

The average black household made 60 percent of what white households made in 2016 and less than half of what Asians made, according to census data. For every $100 of wealth accumulated by a white family, a black family has little more than $5 -- a gap just as wide as it was 50 years ago, according to federal statistics cited by the Yale researchers.

[African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000]

Yet both black and white Americans of all income levels remain profoundly unaware of the economic inequality between the two groups, said the study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The misperceptions could negatively affect public policy as the country grows more diverse, researchers said, with politicians championing misguided legislation rooted in false impressions.

“This is evidence that our beliefs about racial progress and economic equality are fairly inconsistent with reality,” said Jennifer Richeson, a Yale psychology professor who co-wrote the study. “The magnitude of the misperception is shocking, and it’s an obstacle to actually achieving the progress that everyone seems to be celebrating.”

White people are really confident that things are getting better for black people
I don't know why everyone is kneejerking over this. The inequity of pay between white folks and black folks has been studied and written about for decades - just as the inequity of pay between men and women has been studied and written about.

Some of you posters want to play both sides. You can't tell black posters they just don't want to hear the truth when you're posting statistics that are less than flattering about a segment of the black population - and then try to squash the dialogue when truth about inequity for black people is posted.

At least make some attempt to be fair and impartial because you lose credibility doing what you're doing.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAMSM View Post
"It's a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself up by his bootstraps. And many negrpoes, by the thousands and millions, have been left bootless...as the result of a society that deliberately made his color a stigma."
~The Rev Dr. martin Luther King
"You put them first," said Malcolm X, "and they put you last. 'Cause you're a chump. A political chump! ... Any time you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that party can't keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and you are dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that party -- you're not only a chump but you're a traitor to your race."
-Malcom X

Old 01-11-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
“Little fella” is who gave birth to the likes of you.
lol I don't get this?

Quote:
“I would mention the Indigenous, but blah, blah, blah..”

Uhhh...you DID mention the indigenous.
I don't get this either?

Quote:
But they don’t have a shared history with my people. We have no commonalities.
Agreed. And?

Old 01-11-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAMSM View Post
...the anger and insults thrown around this thread from the "V/v" (Vikings/also victims) when racism is discussed.

It's not like theyve offered any solutions for racism.
They just want me to stop talking about it.

I get it tho.

To the PRIVILIGED, Equality feels like Oppression.

Stop stressin yall. Equality is not FINITE. Everybody can have some, and theyre will still be a lot of Equality left for you.

It's a freedom, not a pie.
The freedom of equal opportunity vs the tyrannical forced equal outcome.

Who is the priviledged that you speak of?

Old 01-11-2019, 10:53 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Yeah...lets obfuscate the CAUSES and EFFECT that have been recorded by history and integrated into the REASONING on the topic of socioeconomic racial inequality...and instead attack the character and financial well being and integrity of the OP and others who use the law of CAUSE and EFFECT.

Regardless of how much my life is a failure and how I need to survive off casting aspersion upon white folks.....that does not invalidate CAUSE and EFFECTS from the history of racism. You want to talk about ME, inventing things in your mind, because you can't handle the bigger discussion. You want to make this about ME.....my ANGER, MY personal destitution and MY need to blame others for it. Poor wittle me...lol
Only you cannot prove such cause and effect. You can assume that black economic equality is the result of slavery and systemic racism... but thats your own POV. It can be argued it is instead because it is easier to play the victim card and wait for handouts while convincing your peers that they can never amount to anything. While at the same time interacting with whites angrily and full of contempt, causing them to not hire you or rent to people they can expect to be nothing but trouble. While telling them they are to feel guilty for actions of people 8 generations ago merely because of the color of our skin. Then.cry "racist!". How ridiculous.
You certainly arent helping things. I know a lot of people would agree threads like this only sow the seeds of division.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:03 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"You put them first," said Malcolm X, "and they put you last. 'Cause you're a chump. A political chump! ... Any time you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that party can't keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and you are dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that party -- you're not only a chump but you're a traitor to your race."
-Malcom X
You've just made a very good case to show that the white folks who were attracted to Trump for his wedge politics and outlandish promises were duped. Who is controling 2/3rds of government right now? Heck, they were controlling all three branches of government, and he couldn't or wouldn't get the job done.

Bravo! Though I'm not sure that was what you've intended...LOL

Old 01-11-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm white, and at no point have I been made to feel like I was not "allowed" to comment. In fact, I have commented several times. So has silverkris, who is Asian. I haven't seen anyone complain about that, either.
Let me show you how this message board thingy works. When you reply to someone's reply it should be in context with the reply they replied to. In this case it was:

"Unless you walk in someone shoes......you are just an arm chair quarterback watching the play from your TV and thinking you would be SUPERIOR in the same situation. You have not walked in OUR shoes.....and you don't even know our size....so STOP IT".

He was implying that whites' opinions on matters of race are invalid because we are not black. That can be further interpreted as all whites neednt bother commenting because our opinions will be rejected.

I hope this clears things up about that. But it does look like you were looking for a red herring to discuss, have fun with that.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Employers Prefer White Felons Over Blacks With No Criminal Record; So, How Will Blacks Feed Their Families?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rolling...-families/amp/

Study: white ex-cons chosen over blacks
Princeton study of 1,500 NYC businesses also shows criminal history trims employment prospects.

https://money.cnn.com/2005/06/17/new...y/hiring_bias/
First link bases commentary on a study by Economic Policy Institute. These people are a real gem.

https://www.activistfacts.com/organi...icy-institute/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies