Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 06:28 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAMSM View Post
"It's a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself up by his bootstraps. And many negroes, by the thousands and millions, have been left bootless...as the result of a society that deliberately made his color a stigma."
~The Rev Dr. martin Luther King
And how many years ago was this said?

Segregation in schools has been abolished for DECADES.

The Equal Rights act was passed DECADES ago.

Affirmative Action has been around for DECADES.

Were you alive back then?

How many of today's blacks were alive back then?

What excuses do yo have NOW?

Old 01-12-2019, 06:37 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Only you cannot prove such cause and effect. You can assume that black economic equality is the result of slavery and systemic racism... but thats your own POV. It can be argued it is instead because it is easier to play the victim card and wait for handouts while convincing your peers that they can never amount to anything. While at the same time interacting with whites angrily and full of contempt, causing them to not hire you or rent to people they can expect to be nothing but trouble. While telling them they are to feel guilty for actions of people 8 generations ago merely because of the color of our skin. Then.cry "racist!". How ridiculous.
You certainly arent helping things. I know a lot of people would agree threads like this only sow the seeds of division.
No. I can’t prove that black inequality is the result of external causes, but I can prove that if one argues that it is not, that they are arguing that it is internal. I can then prove, via a dictionary, that believing the latter fits the definition of racism.

Internal and external are two sides of a coin, like heads and tail. You can cast aspersions upon the external side and call it the “victim” side or the “blame” side in order to obfuscate and or attempt to shame people into not choosing that side, however, there is no escaping the FACT that if you reject that side of the coin...that you are selecting the other side (internal) which is the side of black innate inferiority. Racist choose that side, whether by intent or effect.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-12-2019 at 06:51 AM..

Old 01-12-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Let me show you how this message board thingy works. When you reply to someone's reply it should be in context with the reply they replied to. In this case it was:

"Unless you walk in someone shoes......you are just an arm chair quarterback watching the play from your TV and thinking you would be SUPERIOR in the same situation. You have not walked in OUR shoes.....and you don't even know our size....so STOP IT".

He was implying that whites' opinions on matters of race are invalid because we are not black. That can be further interpreted as all whites neednt bother commenting because our opinions will be rejected.

I hope this clears things up about that. But it does look like you were looking for a red herring to discuss, have fun with that.

"He was implying that whites' opinions on matters of race are invalid because we are not black"

The NO BLACKS opinions should be able to respond to issues concerning WHITES, no matter what the issue is.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Anyone who post a topic on a forum where the majority of posters are likely white, but does not want white opinion, is an idiot. Anyone who thinks that a person would post on a majority white forum and not want or expect white opinions is an idiot.

I am not calling out anyone in particular as an idiot, rather, I am just laying out scenarios that are symptomatic of idiots.

"is an idiot."

"Pot, meet kettle", as they say!

Old 01-12-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trump keeps claiming things are better now. Not for me."

1 in a million.

Unemployment is now LOWER then it has been in DECADES.

Historic LOWS for Hispanics and blacks.

IF you are as employable as you claim, you have a better chance NOW then under Obama.
You are defining well being by whether one is employed or unemployed. What about rates of pay relative to inflation? One could have had a job making 40 dollars an hour full time but now have a part time job making 15 dollars an hour. Based upon the way you define well being, the person of my example would have experienced no loss of well being because they still have a job.

You need to think deeper. It’s not painful. Don’t be afraid.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:06 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Only you cannot prove such cause and effect. You can assume that black economic equality is the result of slavery and systemic racism... but thats your own POV. It can be argued it is instead because it is easier to play the victim card and wait for handouts while convincing your peers that they can never amount to anything. While at the same time interacting with whites angrily and full of contempt, causing them to not hire you or rent to people they can expect to be nothing but trouble. While telling them they are to feel guilty for actions of people 8 generations ago merely because of the color of our skin. Then.cry "racist!". How ridiculous.
You certainly arent helping things. I know a lot of people would agree threads like this only sow the seeds of division.
Well said. I am going to be honest here. I have listened to blacks blame whites, even hate whites for things that happened decades or even centuries ago so long that I see them as whiners. I see their life choices (in the inner city anyway)and like anyone else with a brain come to the conclusion that they have caused their own predicament. It is absurd that anyone believes blacks are held back by institutional racism when the law makes that very illegal. It is much easier to believe these folks are held back by their drug habits, criminal records and a lack of basic education. All of these things involve personal choices made by individuals. I am done caring what they think. I don’t care if they feel they are victims of racism and I don’t care if they think I am a racist. I am tired of their insult against my race. I am tired of the damage they are doing to the country by contributing to all this division. Let them wallow in their own sense of victim hood and defeatism. None of us has any reason to listen to them or care about their grievances anymore. After all nothing that is ever done is enough and in the end they will still hate white people so why bother with them at all?

Old 01-12-2019, 08:24 AM

It's interesting that the primary population that accuses blacks of having a "victim" mentality are the same population that is always trying to convince America that they are being victimized by "liberalism", whether it be "fake news", liberal media, liberal policies, etc. Racism does not create "victims" but liberalism does. How does that work?

Why spend so much time worrying about what party or politician is in power if one cannot be a "victim" of either of their policies and ways? If its all about the individual and individual will, politics would be irrelevant. Right? However, the way some reason, blacks cannot be victims of white racism....but they can be victims of white liberalism. Talking about the ill impact of racism is being a victim......talking about the ill impact of liberalism is being a conservative.

You can't make this stuff up. If someone argues that an outside force is creating a "victim" mentality....then is not one arguing that the outside force is victimizing them? That is the paradox. One cannot argue that something (say liberalism) is creating a victim mentality in a population without implying that they are being victimized by this something....lol.

Yet....you all are supposed to be the high IQ population. Well...something is constipating your intellect? I suspect too much subconscious racism in the diet of your thoughts.

This will be a thread that will not be quoted and responded to.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-12-2019 at 08:59 AM..

Old 01-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Let me ask you this:

If slavery that ended 150 years ago accounts for below-average outcomes of 21st blacks (as a collective), then why aren't Jews below-average following their systematic torture and murder (half the world's Jews were killed), which is so recent that people alive today still remember it first-hand?

The difference is in values and culture, especially concerning out-of-wedlock births and the sacrifice needed for education. I'd argue the first accounts for most of the problems associated with poverty, which in turn is associated with crime.

Your question is rhetorical. It has been explained.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And how many years ago was this said?

Segregation in schools has been abolished for DECADES.

The Equal Rights act was passed DECADES ago.

Affirmative Action has been around for DECADES.

Were you alive back then?

How many of today's blacks were alive back then?

What excuses do yo have NOW?

Let me guess...150 seems to be the magical number.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:09 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Let me guess...150 seems to be the magical number.
Just curious....what is it that you want? Seriously I don’t know what is it the black movement wants? You have equal rights, the law does and has protected your rights for a long time, you even have an advantage in employment, housing and education due to affirmative action so what do you want? When is enough enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies