Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 09:00 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't want anything from you and never have. Actions absolutely have reactions and consequences, then it's up to you what you do from there. When have I ever said that anyone is inherently inferior? You assume much about people you don't know. Perhaps you should mind your own backyard instead of projecting your crap on other people.

You tell me why blacks still languish, not my place to tell you. But if you get resistance to cries of victimhood in today's America then you ought to seek another path to your own success.

You don't have to tell me why blacks languish.....you just have to show discomfort when reasons other than black inferiority are offered to explain it. In other words, if I am arguing that the light is off....and you chime in being critical of my proposition.....you don't then get to say "I don't know if the light is on or off"....as if your criticism of my proposition is not an implicit argument that the light is on.

If actions have consequence....then a group of people don't need to be maligned about the consequences that inflict them from the actions of others. Like I said before, if it is HUMAN NATURE, that 100 out of 1000 people will react a certain way (say fight of flight response), the issue is really not their reaction, the issue is the ACTION that caused it, in regards to what needs to be condemned.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
"Black people are really confident that they know what white people are confident about".

See how that works?

Uhhhhh....the study was likely done by white people.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:03 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You don't have to tell me why blacks languish.....you just have to show discomfort when reasons other than black inferiority are offered to explain it. In other words, if I am arguing that the light is off....and you chime in being critical of my proposition.....you don't then get to say "I don't know if the light is on or off"....as if your criticism of my proposition is not an implicit argument that the light is on.

If actions have consequence....then a group of people don't need to be maligned about the consequences that inflict them from the actions of others. Like I said before, if it is HUMAN NATURE, that 100 out of 1000 people will react a certain way (say fight of flight response), the issue is really not their reaction, the issue is the ACTION that caused it, in regards to what needs to be condemned.
I condemn any racism and always have, as does any person I know. Now what?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
You don't have to tell me why blacks languish.....you just have to show discomfort when reasons other than black inferiority are offered to explain it.
It's not about genetic inferiority. Not that you care about the truth.

Quote:
In other words, if I am arguing that the light is off....and you chime in being critical of my proposition.....you don't then get to say "I don't know if the light is on or off"....as if your criticism of my proposition is not an implicit argument that the light is on.
Nothing about a silly light deflection. It's about the fact that two parents are better than one.

Quote:
The EVENT that is the cause of the problem is single parenthood, enabled by the welfare state. Anymore questions or are you going to continue blaming whitey?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
My simple point, that flew over your puddin' head was the fact that hispanics are low down the totem pole because of the high rate of single parenthood and not because of the slavery crutch that you use. Get it?

I'm not. That's just your inability to seek the truth and comprehend simple statements.

It's not about being being skewed, lol. It's about the FACT that in EVERY group children from single parent families are much worse off. Not that you care about the truth.
Why would you care when it happened when you blindly don't care about the very fact that it is true? lol Keep trying to deflect and keep trying to be right, instead of looking for the truth.

It's not about the skew to you because that is where the racism comes in. You don't want to see the role racism plays creating the statistics you highlight.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:13 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:

Nothing about a silly light deflection. It's about the fact that two parents are better than one.

The EVENT that is the cause of the problem is single parenthood, enabled by the welfare state. Anymore questions or are you going to continue blaming whitey?
you couldn't be more correct....there are so many unwanted kids out there its a shame and if nothing else, that is a problem....

Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I condemn any racism and always have, as does any person I know. Now what?

All I know is what you have written thus far. That is all that I am basing what I said upon. Anyone dissenting against or having a problem with one state of a binary option is implicitly arguing for the other state.

I honestly believe that many whites who are conservative are NOT racist (not saying you are a conservative). However, blindly following the mantra of conservatism often leads to implicitly arguing black inferiority. Take the topic someone posted about poverty being 95% the result of laziness and or stupidity. If people generally believe that most poverty in the US is due to personal flaws, then how does such a mind reconcile black rate of poverty being nearly 3 times the rate of whites? The logical extension of the belief is that blacks are nearly 3 times more flawed than whites. If you don't attribute this rate difference to the history of blacks being mistreated, then you are arguing that it is inherent. To believe that blacks are inferior and their inferior nature accounts for their inferior socioeconomic output fits snugly into what the official definition of racism is.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
It's not about the skew to you because that is where the racism comes in. You don't want to see the role racism plays creating the statistics you highlight.
oh, no sir, HE or ME didn't create the problem...not by any stretch of the imagination.....

with attitudes like that, your problems will never be solved....that is a very bad outlook that is passed down to children which causes racism...and entitlement

sad.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:

The problem was created BEFORE THE WELFARE STATE!!!! What don't you grasp about blacks in Africa coming from two parent families before enslavement in America and rates of black single parent families being MUCH higher directly following the end of slavery? Welfare had nothing to do with that.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
oh, no sir, HE or ME didn't create the problem...not by any stretch of the imagination.....

with attitudes like that, your problems will never be solved....that is a very bad outlook that is passed down to children which causes racism...and entitlement

sad.

If all actions produce reactions......explain the effect, then, if any, of 300 years of documented racial oppression and exclusions of blacks in America? Everything that is EVOLVED into what it currently is. What sense does it make, therefore, to exclude the oppression of blacks in America in the explanation of what and how we are in America today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies