Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 AM

37,973 posts, read 17,926,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's not about the skew to you because that is where the racism comes in. You don't want to see the role racism plays creating the statistics you highlight.
So whitey is causing the increase in single parenthood in all groups? Please show proof.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:26 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,732,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So whitey is causing the increase in single parenthood in all groups? Please show proof.

I am talking about BLACK people.....not Hispanics....not all groups. If the rates are increasing in all groups...the increases has nothing to do with race. The initial differential, between black rates and white rates....is YT fault.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
The problem was created BEFORE THE WELFARE STATE!!!! What don't you grasp about blacks in Africa coming from two parent families before enslavement in America and rates of black single parent families being MUCH higher directly following the end of slavery? Welfare had nothing to do with that.
And the fact remains. children in any group raised by a single parent will be much worse off. Explain why single parenthood became much higher FOR ALL GROUPS in the 1960's. Was it because of slavery over 100 years ago? Slavery really affected asians, whites and hispanics that much too?

Explain to me why single parenthood jumped from ~30% to 70% for blacks from ~1965 to present day? btw It jumped up for ALL groups. Are we more racist today?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I am talking about BLACK people.....not Hispanics....not all groups. If the rates are increasing in all groups...the increases has nothing to do with race.
Finally you get it that it is not racism but single parenthood that is the biggest deciding factor on whether one makes it or not.

Quote:
The initial differential, between black rates and white rates....is YT fault.
YT= whitey? lol

Old 01-10-2019, 09:32 AM

1,227 posts, read 636,731 times
Quote:
I also read a study once that showed kids who eat at the dinner table, as a family, become more successful than those who don't eat together for dinner. Thus, the question would be is eating at the dinner table together the CAUSE of the SUCCESS or a SYMPTOM of SUCCESS (meaning that some other quality is the root cause of the eating at the dinner table, as well as, the root cause of the kids later success in life).

That is the question you have to ask about two parent families. Economic dysfunction in individuals, particularly males, tend to produce the symptom of lower rates of marriage, as one of the traditional gender roles for males was that of the PROVIDER. Thus, if you beat down the males of a group, economically, it will produce the symptom of reduced rates of marriage among that group.
I believe our government has a hand in making the father and marriage obsolete, thus having a fractured family. Uncle Sam takes over the male role of provider, and single moms raise the children. We need to find a way to keep family under one roof.

When I was growing up my biggest fear was getting pregnant before I was married. I was told by both of my parents, “if you get into trouble don’t come to me.” If a woman gets in “trouble” today there is no shame, and the government will provide.
ETA: When my mother passed away I donated her possessions to a charity that helps single moms.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And the fact remians. children in any group raised by a single parent will be much worse off. Explain why single parenthood became much higher FOR ALL GROUPS in the 1960's. Was it because of slavery over 100 years ago? Slavery really affected asians, whites and hispanics that much too?

Explain to me why single parenthood jumped from ~30% to 70% for blacks from ~1965 to present day? btw It jumped up for ALL groups. Are we more racist today?

It increased for all groups because the American culture and gender roles were changing in America. Women used to be dependent upon men for sustenance in a patriarchal society where men worked and women stayed home with the kids....cooking and cleaning. Marriage was a necessity, therefore, for women to make it. Once women started winning rights and working in occupations where they can earn good pay.....there was less NEED and less dependency on marriage as a means of income for women. Many women today can have a career and choose to have a child while not being married and society does not SHAME them for it, as it would have in the past. There is no SHAME, any longer, in not being married in our society....when in the past there was much shame upon unmarried women.

Marriage is not biological. It's a social construct based upon traditions and culture. If you tinker with traditional gender roles.....you are going to impact marriage.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-10-2019 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-10-2019, 09:37 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,729,872 times
Quote:
If all actions produce reactions......explain the effect, then, if any, of 300 years of documented racial oppression and exclusions of blacks in America? Everything that is EVOLVED into what it currently is. What sense does it make, therefore, to exclude the oppression of blacks in America in the explanation of what and how we are in America today?
You are an INDIVIDUAL. You are responsible for your own destiny. My people were enslaved and oppressed for over 2,000 years. Heck, my family only escaped oppression in 2001 and I came to the US as a refugee! That doesn't mean I have to live my life with a chip on my shoulder like a loser. I am not a victim. The universe doesn't owe me anything. I just get up, work hard, and try to make my own life better for me and my family.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
You are an INDIVIDUAL. You are responsible for your own destiny. My people were enslaved and oppressed for over 2,000 years. Heck, my family only escaped oppression in 2001 and I came to the US as a refugee! That doesn't mean I have to live my life with a chip on my shoulder like a loser. I am not a victim. The universe doesn't owe me anything. I just get up, work hard, and try to make my own life better for me and my family.

If we are inherently equal......exposing people to a certain condition will result in essentially the same outcomes.

Let me ask all you this. If your group experienced exactly what black people experienced in America.....would your group be in a better condition today than blacks? If you think it would...or if you think other groups have and are much better off than blacks are today......why do you think you are not implicitly arguing that blacks are inferior? How can you think you will come out better than or that others have already experienced the same or worse, but have come out much better and not think blacks are inherently inferior?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
The problem was created BEFORE THE WELFARE STATE!!!! What don't you grasp about blacks in Africa coming from two parent families before enslavement in America and rates of black single parent families being MUCH higher directly following the end of slavery? Welfare had nothing to do with that.
From the 1960's it more than doubled for ALL groups. But as far as blacks are concerned it's racism? lol

Again one more time in hopes you'll get it, no matter which group one comes from, if you are raised in a single parent family you'll be much worse off. THAT is the norm and that is a FACT.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
If we are inherently equal......exposing people to a certain condition will result in essentially the same outcomes.

Let me ask all you this. If your group experienced exactly what black people experienced in America.....would your group be in a better condition today than blacks? If you think it would...or if you think other groups have and are much better off than blacks are today......why do you think you are not implicitly arguing that blacks are inferior? How can you think you will come out better than or that others have already experienced the same or worse, but have come out much better and not think blacks are inherently inferior?
Blacks are not inferior because of genetics. They are inferior as a group based on the fact that 70% come from single parent families. Single parent whites, as a group, are inferior to 2 parent whites. Single parent whites, as a group, are inferior to 2 parent blacks. Are you getting it yet?

Explain to everyone here why Bowie Maryland, an area with a high percentage of blacks is known to be an area of success. Couldn't be because the blacks who live there, as well as others groups, have a high rate of 2 parent families compared to other areas? Nah that's not it, Bowie Maryland just isn't racist like all other places are, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies