Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 11:00 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Advertisements

If you hate Christians so much, why do you live in your pastor father’s house?

Old 01-14-2019, 11:40 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I would not put it past allies of the Westboro Baptist Church to be behind this behavior.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:24 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
So, someone lynching someone for other reasons that being a hate crime, is somehow better for the person being lynched?

How about the law of "no lynching allow"?

If I was lynched, it being because of my race or because the shoes I was wearing, makes zero difference to me.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:23 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't care. Let's not lynch anyone, that covers all the bases with fewer words and alphabet letters.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So, someone lynching someone for other reasons that being a hate crime, is somehow better for the person being lynched?

How about the law of "no lynching allow"?

If I was lynched, it being because of my race or because the shoes I was wearing, makes zero difference to me.
It's not about somehow making it "better for the person being lynched". It' about making sure that perpetrators of the crime are held accountable. Local/state law enforcement in some parts of the country have a history of treating crimes against gays etc as somehow less important than crimes against straights and therefor don't pursue the perpetrators of such crimes as aggressively. This law is intended to make sure that doesn't happen by inserting Federal investigators into the case to hold the local cops "feet to the fire" if they don't pursue the case the way they should. What is wrong with that? It's sad that local/state police don't always seem to care about crimes against gays etc, but experience and history have shown that far too often that's the way it is.

Ken

Old 01-15-2019, 07:38 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
There should be NO protected classes or groups. If someone's rights have been encroached upon, regardless of what race, sex, religion, political persuasion, straight, LGBTQ or whatever other class you might come up with, it is a crime. Prosecute the crime. Do NOT prosecute because one class or another was violated, prosecute because the crime was committed. The most important minority is the individual... each and every one, and they ALL should have their rights protected.

Prosecute all encroachments upon the rights of any individual equally regardless of class.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:43 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
There should be NO protected classes or groups. If someone's rights have been encroached upon, regardless of what race, sex, religion, political persuasion, straight, LGBTQ or whatever other class you might come up with, it is a crime. Prosecute the crime. Do NOT prosecute because one class or another was violated, prosecute because the crime was committed. The most important minority is the individual... each and every one, and they ALL should have their rights protected.

Prosecute all encroachments upon the rights of any individual equally regardless of class.
It would be great if that really happened, the problem is state/local police don't always do that. In some parts of the country state/local police tend to look the other way or place lower priorities on solving crimes committed against certain classes or groups. A sad and despicable fact to be sure, but that's what history has shown to be the case.

Ken

Old 01-15-2019, 07:56 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/01/0...-lgbt-exclude/

Remember this any time anybody tries to say Trump and his supporters don’t pose an existential threat to the LGBT community or that they are just misunderstood and stereotyped as homophobes. They are literally upset that a bill that makes lynching of minorities a hate crime includes sexual orientation and gender identity. Truly deplorable. What are your thoughts? Should LGBT protections be removed from this bill?
What a bunch of BS. Everyone should be protected against lynching, but the bill isn't about lynching. It's about federalizing state crimes. Not just no, but hell no.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:31 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You are ALREADY protected.
Name me a part of the country where police have a history of not aggressively pursuing criminals who commit crimes against whites?

History has shown that in many parts of the country police have not aggressively pursued criminals who commit crimes against various minorities, Sometimes the folks who've committed those crimes are the POLICE THEMSELVES.

Ken

Do you think the police aggressively pursue criminals who commit crimes against white meth or drug addicts? Do you think the police aggressively pursue criminals who commit crimes against white homeless folks? Do you think the police who commit crimes against other people all of a sudden get a conscience and decide against committing the crime just because their victim is white?

Are you really serious? Wow!

Old 01-15-2019, 08:40 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
But 80% of evangelicals vote Trump
So?
You seem to be ignoring the word activist. Most evangelicals, if your definition of evangelical is a believer in Christ or a Church goer are not activist. I would dare say even most fundamentalists are not activists.
So what we have is one evangelical activist group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies