Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 02:58 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
This type of political use of the psychiatry and psychology profession first began with MKUltra monster Donald Ewan Cameron, who was outed an organizer of child rape sessions.

People who buy into this sort of politically driven pseudo-expertise are furthering the legacy of Cameron. This originated with a man of his mindset: a child rapist and a torturer with zero moral compass.

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Ewen_Cameron

Donald Ewen Cameron — known as D. Ewen Cameron or Ewen Cameron — was a Scottish-born psychiatrist who served as President of the American Psychiatric Association (1952–1953), Canadian Psychiatric Association (1958–1959), American Psychopathological Association (1963), Society of Biological Psychiatry (1965)and World Psychiatric Association (1961–1966). In spite of his high professional reputation, he has been criticized for his abuse of minors, administering electroconvulsive therapy and experimental drugs to patients without their informed consent. Some of this work took place in the context of the Project MKUltra mind control program.
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald..._Subproject_68

During the 1950s and 1960s, Cameron became involved in what has later become known as the MKUltra mind control program, which was covertly sponsored by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and which eventually led to the publication of the KUBARK Counterintelligence Interrogation manual.

Cameron had been hoping to correct schizophrenia by erasing existing memories and reprogramming the psyche. He commuted from Albany to Montreal every week to work at McGill's Allan Memorial Institute and was paid $69,000 from 1957 to 1964 to carry out MKUltra experiments there, the Montreal experiments. In addition to LSD, he experimented with various paralytic drugs and electroconvulsive therapy at thirty to forty times the normal power. His "driving" experiments consisted of putting a subject into a drug-induced coma for weeks at a time (up to three months in one case) while playing tape loops of noise or simple statements. These experiments were typically carried out on patients who had entered the institute for minor problems such as anxiety disorders and postnatal depression; many suffered permanent debilitation after these treatments. Such consequences included incontinence, amnesia, forgetting how to talk, forgetting their parents, and thinking their interrogators were their parents.

Several of the children who Cameron experimented on were sexually abused, in at least one case by several men. One of the children was filmed numerous times performing sexual acts with high-ranking federal government officials, in a scheme set up by Cameron and other MKULTRA researchers, to blackmail the officials to ensure further funding for the experiments
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...remberg_Trials

Before his arrival in Nuremberg, Cameron had written The Social Reorganization of Germany, in which he argued that German culture and its individual citizens would have to be transformed and reorganized. In his analysis, German culture was made up of people who had the need for status, worshiped strict order and regimentation, desired authoritarian leadership and had a deeply ingrained fear of other countries. The paper stated that German culture and its people would have offspring bound to become a threat to world peace in 30 years. To prevent this, the West would have to take measures to reorganize German society. Other similar psychiatric diagnoses of Germany were published during this time

Cameron decided that Germans would be most likely to commit atrocities due to their historical, biological, racial and cultural past and their particular psychological nature. All Germans on trial would be assessed according to the likeliness for committing the crime.

Cameron began to develop broader theories of society, new concepts of human relations to replace concepts he deemed dangerous and outdated. These became the basis of a new social and behavioural science that Cameron would later institute through his presidencies of the Canadian, American and World Psychiatric Associations, the American Psychopathological Association and the Society of Biological Psychiatry. With the results of the Manhattan project, Cameron feared that without proper re-organization of society, atomic weapons could fall into the hands of new, fearsome aggressors. Cameron argued that it was necessary for behavioral scientists to act as the social planners of society, and that the United Nations could provide a conduit for implementing his ideas for applying psychiatric elements to global governance and politics.

Cameron started to distinguish populations between "the weak" and "the strong". Those with anxieties or insecurities and who had trouble with the state of the world were labelled as "the weak"; in Cameron's analysis, they could not cope with life and had to be isolated from society by "the strong". The mentally ill were thus labelled as not only sick, but also weak. Cameron further argued that "the weak" must not influence children. He promoted a philosophy where chaos could be prevented by removing the weak from society.
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...nd_the_Germans

In Cameron's book Life is For Living, published in 1948, he expressed a concern for the German race in general.
Cameron's concerns extended to his policies determining who should have children and/or advance to positions of authority. According to Cameron's psychiatric analysis of the German people, they were not suitable to have children or hold positions of authority because of a genetic tendency to organize society in a way that fostered fearsome aggression and would lead to war rather than peace; he would repeatedly use the German as the archetypal character structure on which to ground the most psychologically deviant humans.
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...cial_contagion

In the late 1940s, Cameron presented his ideas in a lecture entitled Dangerous Men and Women. It describes various personalities that he believed were of marked danger to all members of society. The personality types are as follows:

A passive man who "is afraid to say what he really thinks" and "will stand anything, and stands for nothing". "[H]e was born in Munich, he is the eternal compromiser and his spiritual food is appeasement".

A possessive type, filled with jealousy and demanding utmost loyalty. This personality type poses a danger to those closest to them, especially children.

The insecure man — "They are the driven crowds that makes the army of the authoritarian overlord; they are the stuffing of conservatism ...

mediocrity is their god. They fear the stranger, they fear the new idea; they are afraid to live, and scared to die." This third type needs conformity and obeys the dictates of society, adhering to a world of strict standards of right or wrong (which are manipulated by power groups to keep the insecure controlled and dependent). Cameron theorized that this type is dangerous because of its "lust for authority".

The last type is the psychopath, the greatest danger in times of political and societal upheaval; this Cameron labeled "the Gestapo".

Cameron believed that a society in which psychiatry built and developed the institutions of government, schools, prisons and hospitals would be one in which science triumphed over the "sick" members of society. He demanded that political systems be watched, and that German people needed to be monitored due to their "personality type", which he claimed results in the conditions that give rise to the dictatorial power of an authoritarian overlord.
We can see how this modern garbage from the psychology professions is a mere mirror of Cameron and his legacy.

The joke pseudo-disciplines known as psychology and psychiatry have long been utilized to politically attack rivals of the State.

Clearly Cameron, a child rapist, was obsessed with children and sought to project his own monstrous inclinations onto those whom he saw as a threat to his kind.

Sociopolitical abuse through these pseudo-professions apparently continues today, carrying on Cameron's barbarous legacy.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
I think you're confusing manliness with thuggery. I would never describe a violent criminal as strong, smart and brave.
Relative to the shy, quiet, timid volunteer in my example, he is - or at least he's not as easily intimidated and/or fragile as the said volunteer. Granted, you have some point when it concerns the actual definition of strong, smart, and brave - but as I said in the OP that's ultimately not the point. The point I made is that it's not so much being "manly" as it is that a male shouldn't look "unmanly". Often unmanly civilized men are socially penalized more harshly than manly uncivilized (though maybe not criminal) men. Nevertheless, if we're to stay true to the rarely spoken but obviously present idea that unmanly men deserve more scorn than manly men, with rightful or wrongful behavior or speech irrelevant, then the violent criminal does deserve less disparagement than the timid, weak, peaceful man. But if you disagree with that idea, that implies some things are more important than being "manly" in the conventional sense.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...sogyny-n956416

Masculinity is a problem until there is a natural disaster, fire, flood, heavy furniture to be moved and a spider in the bathroom.

OH KAY... Yes, they are not gay and they love any form of sex with a woman.....
DUH!!!

The sky is blue!

Old 01-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
This type of political use of the psychiatry and psychology profession first began with MKUltra monster Donald Ewan Cameron, who was outed an organizer of child rape sessions.
You're assuming the claim "Masculinist Ideology is toxic for men themselves" is a political use of psychiatry. Your linking this with MKUltra is just empty assertion. Because the whole remainder of your post rests on that claim, and I see no evidence that anything like MKUltra's found in the claim "Masculinist Ideology is toxic", I see no point in addressing the rest of your post, until I see evidence the researchers making the claim are linked with the CIA or what have you. I'm pretty sure must MKUltra researchers are dead now, and two generations afterward, the APA pretty much condemns and discredit the methods and findings of that operation.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Last time I looked "little girly men" like the Japanese and Chinese (of the past) and many others around the world do fine fighting fires and helping out....without beating their chests or hating females in bulk.
You're clueless if you think traditional Japanese and Chinese men were more feminist-friendly than their Western counterparts.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:49 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_RtHctpV1A

Old 01-13-2019, 07:03 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
What a bunch of baloney. Back then Manly Men raped and pillaged and spread their seed around to stay in the gene pool.

It was the effiminate lib cavemen that sat around with the women in the home cave. We were out gettin' us some strange, us manly men were.

One does not negate the other.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
As is the case with every single posting here, you all need to read the linked article. It is clear nobody, including the OP, read it. It may be written at a less accessible grade level so read and ask questions if something doesn't make sense.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:04 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
"Masculinity ideology,” Skillings said, was important to highlight because it “represents a set of characteristics that are unhealthy for men — men who are sexist or violent or don’t take care of themselves.”

hmm, I think the above is crazy talk.

No wonder when I told this shrink, oops, psychologist, that I don't believe yelling is a real man's behavior. She said, "Please stop using the word real men." seriously? I think modern day psychologists over think this whole gender role thing. Even acknowledging the differences between men and women seem to be a big no no to some of these folks.

Masculinity ideology? what exactly is that? I don't think even the women back in the stone age would say masculinity = sexiest or violent or don't take care of themselves. sheesh

Old 01-14-2019, 10:31 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"Masculinity ideology,” Skillings said, was important to highlight because it “represents a set of characteristics that are unhealthy for men — men who are sexist or violent or don’t take care of themselves.”

hmm, I think the above is crazy talk.

No wonder when I told this shrink, oops, psychologist, that I don't believe yelling is a real man's behavior. She said, "Please stop using the word real men." seriously? I think modern day psychologists over think this whole gender role thing. Even acknowledging the differences between men and women seem to be a big no no to some of these folks.

Masculinity ideology? what exactly is that? I don't think even the women back in the stone age would say masculinity = sexiest or violent or don't take care of themselves. sheesh
Yep, I am waiting for someone to attempt to answer that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies