Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Simple yes or no. Do you regret voting for Hillary?
Yes 77 68.14%
No 36 31.86%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 09:23 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times

Advertisements

I don't regret voting for Hillary. I'm not sure how effective she would have been as President, but I don't think it would have been anything like the train wreck we have now. I can guarantee that 800,000 federal workers would be earning a paycheck right now. And for Trump to say at first that they were all Democrats, and then say they supported him is ridiculous! The insanity continues....

Sorry Scooby Snacks, your post beat mine, but great minds think alike.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I did not vote because I don't want to manipulate your voting result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This said, I voted for Donald Trump and have no regrets.

My parents both voted for Donald Trump. One brother voted third party, the other one voted Trump. My sister in law voted for Hillary and has no regrets. Her hatred towards Trump is unstoppable and it created some kind of drama at family gathering. lol, but I think we learned to shut our mouth around her because overall, we do love her.

My fiance voted for Trump. His father voted for Trump and his mother voted for Hillary and she has no regrets. She doesn't like her but she has no regrets. I love both my future inlaws, but I think his mother is kind of dramatic. (unfriend people on facebook, etc.)

My fiance's sister-in-law said this when she first met me, "lily, I love you already and I really don't want to hate you because you voted for Trump. There is something wrong with anybody who voted for Trump." Seriously, I think people take this voting thing way too seriously and personally.
I explained to her that I still had friends serving in the military although my fiance was out, I just wanted a president who would not change the rules of engagement and I wanted the lawyers out of the battlefield. She said I was petty. sigh. i guess I was petty that I cared about my friends' lives.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-10-2019 at 09:37 AM..

Old 01-10-2019, 09:46 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I did not vote because I don't want to manipulate your voting result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This said, I voted for Donald Trump and have no regrets.

My parents both voted for Donald Trump. One brother voted third party, the other one voted Trump. My sister in law voted for Hillary and has no regrets. Her hatred towards Trump is unstoppable and it created some kind of drama at family gathering. lol, but I think we learned to shut our mouth around her because overall, we do love her.

My fiance voted for Trump. His father voted for Trump and his mother voted for Hillary and she has no regrets. She doesn't like her but she has no regrets. I love both my future inlaws, but I think his mother is kind of dramatic. (unfriend people on facebook, etc.)

My fiance's sister-in-law said this when she first met me, "lily, I love you already and I really don't want to hate you because you voted for Trump. There is something wrong with anybody who voted for Trump." Seriously, I think people take this voting thing way too seriously and personally.
I explained to her that I still had friends serving in the military although my fiance was out, I just wanted a president who would not change the rules of engagement and I wanted the lawyers out of the battlefield. She said I was petty. sigh. i guess I was petty that I cared about my friends' lives.
All of my co-workers (ALL FEMALE, BTW) voted for Trump. Not a Hillary-lover in the bunch. They still do not regret it.

A few of them were concerned that Hillary would try to take away our guns (HUGE gun culture here), many others were afraid she'd open the floodgates to foreigners and illegal aliens, and sanctuary communities would sprout up in our county. Most of them (like me) have just hated her since she was FLOTUS. Others just can't stand in your face feminists, and she's the poster child.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I'm curious to see how this poll compares to the Trump version.

If you voted for Hillary, is there anything that's happened since then that's caused you to regret your vote?
Sadly, no. Because she ran against Trump.

I regret that she was my only viable choice to (potentially) keep him out of office. I don't love Hillary, but I have absolutely ZERO doubts that she'd be a better POTUS.

I said it before the election, and I have not changed my mind. She'd be a continuation of the status quo. With that, she'd bring all that is wrong along with her. It amounts to kicking the can down the road another 4-8 years. As bad as that is, it's still better than what we got.

And I should note that I agreed with MUCH (not all) of what Trump said were problems with our gov't. It's just that I saw through his BS, and knew he wouldn't fix it. And if anything, I'm only more confident that was correct.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:54 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
All of my co-workers (ALL FEMALE, BTW) voted for Trump. Not a Hillary-lover in the bunch. They still do not regret it.

A few of them were concerned that Hillary would try to take away our guns (HUGE gun culture here), many others were afraid she'd open the floodgates to foreigners and illegal aliens, and sanctuary communities would sprout up in our county. Most of them (like me) have just hated her since she was FLOTUS. Others just can't stand in your face feminists, and she's the poster child.
Hillary, a feminist? Don't make me laugh. A feminist wouldn't stay with her husband after he cheated on her.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:10 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Poll makes no sense. There isn’t anything to regret since nothing resulted from voting for her.
I disagree. It is possible to regret voting for Hillary.

#1 Maybe you voted for her in the primary, but after you saw her dismal campaign where she forgot that there was an electoral college and campaigned in the big donor blue states you have regret and wishes you voted for Bernie.

#2 Maybe you voted for Hillary, but somehow approve of Trump' s performance.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Poll makes no sense. There isn’t anything to regret since nothing resulted from voting for her.

Ding, ding, ding.

I did not vote for her in the primaries. I voted for her unreservedly in the election. I stand by both choices.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:47 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Sadly, no. Because she ran against Trump.

I regret that she was my only viable choice to (potentially) keep him out of office. I don't love Hillary, but I have absolutely ZERO doubts that she'd be a better POTUS.

I said it before the election, and I have not changed my mind. She'd be a continuation of the status quo. With that, she'd bring all that is wrong along with her. It amounts to kicking the can down the road another 4-8 years. As bad as that is, it's still better than what we got.

And I should note that I agreed with MUCH (not all) of what Trump said were problems with our gov't. It's just that I saw through his BS, and knew he wouldn't fix it. And if anything, I'm only more confident that was correct.
Couldn't agree more.

Clinton wasn't my first choice - but she was always waaaaaay ahead of Trump. The only person in that presidential field who in my view was lower than Trump was Ted Cruz, and Trump only beat Cruz by a (blow-dried, bottle-blonde) hair.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-10-2019 at 11:01 AM..

Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I knew Trump would be a big mistake for this country and so far I am right. The man is a con man, liar, and grifter. Thinks of no one but himself. I have no regrets in voting for Hillary even though I couldn't stand her. Trump was the worse of the 2 and he has proven it over and over again.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:21 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,152 times
Why would I regret voting for Hillary, the economy and the unemployment rate would be more or less on the same track regardless, even if you Trumpies want to give the orange clown credit for it since it wouldn't have mattered. Only under Hillary would the rich and corporations not have received a massive tax cut. ACA still the same. Less a meaningless trade war which is causing our farmers to go bankrupt. The debt would still be rising as it is now but the Repugs would be blaming the Dems as usual. Kim Jong-Un would still have his nukes like he does now. Difference would be the right would be butt-hurt asking for her birth certificate for the next 8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies