Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 06:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
What do you not understand?
Is a Chain Link Fence semantically the same as a solar powered concrete wall designed by top contractors?

That kind of stuff is hard to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 06:15 AM

23,567 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Obama went to school to study sentence structure, punctuation, synonyms and plu-perfect tense. He never left home without a thesaurus.

Obama's specialty was word substitution to create or solve problems.

Trump uses superlatives, as in 'he is an amazing person'.

Obama was able to structure sentences such that many interpretations could be claimed if challenged.

As in 'you can keep your doctor if you like your doctor....with 'no qualification' meaning that statement stood alone and meant what he said.

Obama's medical ethicist was asked about that statement by chris Wallace. Ezekiel Emanuel answered, 'Obama meant, if you can afford to keep your doctor".

Dare anyone claim a lawyer, journalist or lawyer politician lied, it would be appealed, challenged, reversed and later claimed a comma was implied rather than a period.

Democrat opponents insist on literal interpretation and strip away perspective and context to arrive at their truth. Like a dog who pretends he doesn't know what your are saying when you tell him to 'get off the couch'.

Mr, 'let me be clear', Obama lied about critical things like embassy attacks, the success of his ME policy, shovel ready jobs, the economy and reversed his documented outrage as if he was later outraged at himself. Repubs would have a field day running an endless loop of Obama lies and reversals.

I would only hope Trump takes one of Obama's declarations about the southern border and repeats that speech as it were his own. when the media and dems attack, and surely they will, he can lift the curtain and ask why they were silent when Obama spoke those words.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:32 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama went to school to study sentence structure, punctuation, synonyms and plu-perfect tense. He never left home without a thesaurus.

Obama's specialty was word substitution to create or solve problems.

Trump uses superlatives, as in 'he is an amazing person'.

Obama was able to structure sentences such that many interpretations could be claimed if challenged.

As in 'you can keep your doctor if you like your doctor....with 'no qualification' meaning that statement stood alone and meant what he said.

Obama's medical ethicist was asked about that statement by chris Wallace. Ezekiel Emanuel answered, 'Obama meant, if you can afford to keep your doctor".

Dare anyone claim a lawyer, journalist or lawyer politician lied, it would be appealed, challenged, reversed and later claimed a comma was implied rather than a period.

Democrat opponents insist on literal interpretation and strip away perspective and context to arrive at their truth. Like a dog who pretends he doesn't know what your are saying when you tell him to 'get off the couch'.

Mr, 'let me be clear', Obama lied about critical things like embassy attacks, the success of his ME policy, shovel ready jobs, the economy and reversed his documented outrage as if he was later outraged at himself. Repubs would have a field day running an endless loop of Obama lies and reversals.

I would only hope Trump takes one of Obama's declarations about the southern border and repeats that speech as it were his own. when the media and dems attack, and surely they will, he can lift the curtain and ask why they were silent when Obama spoke those words.

Yep Obama used big words and considered himself educated. You know Trump received the same elite education. Don't pretend that any of us have anything in common with Trump or he is somehow relatable. I haven't seen anyone on C-D tout their boarding school pedigree, their Ivy league education, or their 200 million dollar loan from daddy just like Trump so just stop with the silly stuff. Most of us are public school high school grads and some with college degrees from regular universities with other regular student and families. You act like Trump is a diesel mechanic that got pissed and became president.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Yep Obama used big words and considered himself educated. You know Trump received the same elite education.

You act like Trump is a diesel mechanic that got pissed and became president.
Uh, Trump didn't have the same education.....and, as we have seen with GWB, just because you go to Yale on a legacy doesn't mean you can put a sentence together. He has an undergraduate degree.

Not the same as a JD from Harvard. Not even close.

"Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations and in English literature and lived off-campus on West 109th Street.[43] He graduated with a BA degree in 1983 and worked for about a year at the Business International Corporation, where he was a financial researcher and writer"
Obama entered Harvard Law School in the fall of 1988, living in nearby Somerville, Massachusetts.[100] He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, president of the journal in his second year, and research assistant to the constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe while at Harvard for two years. During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as an associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[104] After graduating with a JD degree magna *** laude from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago"

(Just some of Obama education).....

I don't know many diesel mechanics that speak at a 4th grade level.

Obviously, Trump never learned a thing about history or geography.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:25 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm loving how the Trumpees are all shook up over the new crop of Democrats coming into office, most of them very young and a lot of them women. We never mention them, but the Right can't stop obsessing over them and trying to find every little flaw they can dig up.

It is so nice to see some younger blood coming into politics, I am so tired of seeing only old, white faces (that never smile) any time they are on TV. Trump has to be going bonkers !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I have to wonder what this "we" is that you, a 73-year-old white guy, think you're a part of.
I was hoping you'd take a stab at this, Don. You reject people like yourself. I've seen posts from you describing older white men in extremely negative terms. But now I see that you think you've joined some other group... some "we". What is that? What is it that you think you're a part of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies