Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 11:58 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,173,785 times

Advertisements

One would have to be out of their freakin' mind to argue with a Trump supporter about the idiocy of Trump's Ming Dynasty wall. Their skulls are more impenetrable than any ridiculous wall could ever be. Please keep in mind...these are birthers and BENGHAZI conspiracists. The have the traits that a snake oil salesman relies upon to sell his product to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 PM

14,491 posts, read 11,315,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
One would have to be out of their freakin' mind to argue with a Trump supporter about the idiocy of Trump's Ming Dynasty wall. Their skulls are more impenetrable than any ridiculous wall could ever be. Please keep in mind...these are birthers and BENGHAZI conspiracists. The have the traits that a snake oil salesman relies upon to sell his product to.
Cool. So leave the thread.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,537,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
As I was saying, and they would never get a handle on the top.
36" steel pipe on the top.
I think you're missing the point that whatever you build can be scaled.

Why not google what a 'monkey's fist' is and how you could simply throw it over your nice slatted wall; use a boat hook to pull it back through the slats, either get another couple of guys or attach it to the receiver hitch of your stolen pick-up... Et-voila, using that nice rounded top you could pull any number of folks up and over in no time. It'd be even easier now that you've reduced the frictional drag with your nice 36" diameter round surface top.....

Old 01-12-2019, 01:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,537,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, we just let 40k+ monthly stroll in....why do you support that?
Nowhere have I ever stated I support that. Quote my post saying I support illegal aliens of any type, any way they might enter....

I'll wait.

Not even a worthy attempt at a fallacious strawman argument from you chucky.

Having the alternate opinion to a physical wall being the ONLY way to stop or slow them does not equate to "supporting" them. That's akin to saying building a moat is the only way to protect your castle and if you don't dig the ditch you're inviting the Huns.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:46 PM

1,591 posts, read 1,195,260 times
Edit: nevermind, deleted. It wouldn't elicit valuable comments.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:36 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,551,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The point being is that along the border -- there aren't hordes of people crossing.

Border patrol has recorded a drastic drop in arrrests in the last two years. And a significant change in who is crossing illegally -- women and children....lots of unaccompanied children.

You can choose to ignore the facts and try to bring down Acosta....but you do little to give your argument integrity by doing so.
Unaccompanied children is a red flag. No one is scared for these children---then that is child abuse brought to you by Obama. Nice huh? Used in sex trafficking or lord knows what. Horrible.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:02 AM

33,581 posts, read 37,218,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Walls work, especially topped with razor wire, motion sensing machine guns, and the razor wire electrified.
What the hell is wrong with you?

Old 01-15-2019, 09:12 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,592,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Unaccompanied children is a red flag. No one is scared for these children---then that is child abuse brought to you by Obama. Nice huh? Used in sex trafficking or lord knows what. Horrible.
Try being more original than “Buh buh but OBAMA!!”

What if Mexico builds stairs on their side? That would crack me up. What if there are even more people who come here just to prove that the idiot wall can’t keep them out? That would crack me up even more. It’s an idiotic stupid idea & waste of money & you & every other supporter knows this. Period. End of story.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:19 AM

8,504 posts, read 4,589,961 times
I myself thought it even more amusing when a border security staff member was showing Trump actual examples of the many types of tunnels that breach the already existing southern wall.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:26 AM

6,017 posts, read 2,262,483 times
Acosta is easy to rag on because his behavior is extreme compared to others form NBC, CBS ect. But I do give him credit for at least showing that it was working. He did intentionally show the fence and said it was helpful so on his own way he was providing balanced coverage. Now I would be more inclined to agree with the OP if he was standing in a location without a border wall in an effort to persuade that one was not needed. Or better yet staged some yahoos to jump he fence while standing there to show steel slats won’t work.

Maybe my imagine is just getting the better of me but I didn’t think his coverage (This Time) was bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies