Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 07:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

Can Newsom and de Blasio Afford Their Near-Universal Health-Care Plans?

Terrible that hard-working Americans outside of California are subsidizing the Medi-Cal program.

Also, how disrepectful of DeBlasio to propose something that follow-New Yorker President Trump is not an favor of.

They should find ways to shortchange California public health programs and spend the largese on swing states and Republican states that have competitive districts.

Would be nice if they could eliminate federal subsidies for Medi-Cal because California can't trusted.

This is why hospitals should be required to report and detain illegals who go to hospitals, clinics, call law enforcement or an ambulance.

Would be very interesting if California has a massive influx of third-world residents and the entire Medi-Cal and health care system falls apart from being overwhelmed.

I guess at least with New York City they have a blank checkbook, so they can afford the 300,000 illegals DeBlasio wants to add to the subsidized health care rolls.

Wonder how many liberal Californians are paying big premiums and big co-pays and big deductables for their very pricey Obamacare plans while undocumented gang members, drug traffickers and undocumented welfare queens with multiple children will get Medi-Cal for free.

President Trump and Republicans would benefit if they did all they could to shortchange California, in exchange for states who will vote for their agenda.

They really are in out of control rogue state that insists on violating federal laws.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-12-2019 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 07:53 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
California is going belly up soon. It's only a matter of time.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:07 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
I suggest reading the article. It even has this sub headline: "How Will They Pay for Expanded Health Care?"

"... health policy experts say resource-rich governments like California and New York have strong enough revenues to cover the cost of expanding health care to segments of the population who fall through the cracks. California is projected to have a budget surplus of $15 billion this year, according to the state's Legislative Analyst Office. New York City ended fiscal 2018 with a $2.6 billion budget surplus, according to the city's comptroller..."

There is no mention of federal subsidies for these programs. You also don't realize that big states like CA and NY subsidize the poor red states. Unlike you, I think we should continue to help the less fortunate states. Maybe mandate the some of the funding go toward better education. Cheers.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:35 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I suggest reading the article. It even has this sub headline: "How Will They Pay for Expanded Health Care?"

"... health policy experts say resource-rich governments like California and New York have strong enough revenues to cover the cost of expanding health care to segments of the population who fall through the cracks. California is projected to have a budget surplus of $15 billion this year, according to the state's Legislative Analyst Office. New York City ended fiscal 2018 with a $2.6 billion budget surplus, according to the city's comptroller..."

There is no mention of federal subsidies for these programs. You also don't realize that big states like CA and NY subsidize the poor red states. Unlike you, I think we should continue to help the less fortunate states. Maybe mandate the some of the funding go toward better education. Cheers.

Factor in SALT and it's not so clear who is a net contributor and a net recipient. You may also want to consider that most of the money made by CA and NY based companies is the other 48 states. (If you are living in another state think about what local business you could patronize instead of a CA and NY business so the condescension and smirking stops.)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#37e1fec1346b

Old 01-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Factor in SALT and it's not so clear who is a net contributor and a net recipient. You may also want to consider that most of the money made by CA and NY based companies is the other 48 states. (If you are living in another state think about what local business you could patronize instead of a CA and NY business so the condescension and smirking stops.)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#37e1fec1346b
Why are you talking about SALT and then revenue made by non-governmental businesses. What does this have to do with the topic and my response? You should read the article.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:00 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Can Newsom and de Blasio Afford Their Near-Universal Health-Care Plans?

Terrible that hard-working Americans outside of California are subsidizing the Medi-Cal program.

Also, how disrepectful of DeBlasio to propose something that follow-New Yorker President Trump is not an favor of.

They should find ways to shortchange California public health programs and spend the largese on swing states and Republican states that have competitive districts.

Would be nice if they could eliminate federal subsidies for Medi-Cal because California can't trusted.

This is why hospitals should be required to report and detain illegals who go to hospitals, clinics, call law enforcement or an ambulance.

Would be very interesting if California has a massive influx of third-world residents and the entire Medi-Cal and health care system falls apart from being overwhelmed.

I guess at least with New York City they have a blank checkbook, so they can afford the 300,000 illegals DeBlasio wants to add to the subsidized health care rolls.

Wonder how many liberal Californians are paying big premiums and big co-pays and big deductables for their very pricey Obamacare plans while undocumented gang members, drug traffickers and undocumented welfare queens with multiple children will get Medi-Cal for free.

President Trump and Republicans would benefit if they did all they could to shortchange California, in exchange for states who will vote for their agenda.

They really are in out of control rogue state that insists on violating federal laws.
Well hopefully I'll get a chance to vote to defund myself out of helping paying for California and New Yorks decisions.

Should be a state level decision anyways. We should have to bail out other states who make really bad choices that my state doesn't agree with.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:14 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:

Some people on Medi-Cal have a cost share amount of zero, whereas some other people who can't qualify for Medi-Cal are paying anywhere form some to (if income is too high for a subsidy) the full amount of the premium for a Bronze plan (if they can't afford better) with a 5-7k or so deductible.

Do you think that is fair ?

Quote:
There is no mention of federal subsidies for these programs. You also don't realize that big states like CA and NY subsidize the poor red states.
The OP and I both live in Texas. According to the Washington Post fact checker, Texas gets back even less in Federal spending per dollar in Federal taxes paid than California does....$0.57 vs. $0.64.

Quote:
Unlike you, I think we should continue to help the less fortunate states. Maybe mandate the some of the funding go toward better education. Cheers.
Do you get coverage through your employer that you pay nothing or next to nothing for ?

Old 01-12-2019, 09:17 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:

Maybe Cali needs to take care of their citizens first before foreigners and illegal aliens

Took this pic in Long Beach, CA when i went home for Christmas

https://ibb.co/rtZTgw1

Old 01-12-2019, 09:20 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
Gavin Newsom and DeBlasio should've checked with Canada on this.

Quote:
An illegal immigrant has no right to free medical intervention or ongoing health care under the Charter of Rights, the Federal Court of Appeal has ruled in a precedent-setting decision.

The ruling will help protect Canada from medical tourism, when people come to Canada expressly to get medical treatment paid for by the government...

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/illegal-immigrants-have-no-right-to-free-health-care-court

Old 01-12-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Maybe Cali needs to take care of their citizens first before foreigners and illegal aliens

Took this pic in Long Beach, CA when i went home for Christmas

https://ibb.co/rtZTgw1
Read the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies