Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 11:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times

Advertisements

Trump should just be grateful they even showed up. Half of the athlete invitees to the WH don't.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:57 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Young people LOVE fast food, especially athletes that burn a bazillion calories a day. I bet they loved it. Someone in the WH did their research.

BTW, I hate fast food for the most part. lol!

Old 01-15-2019, 11:57 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
There's nothing like cold fast food. Even when hot, I get the Mcruns!

Old 01-15-2019, 11:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
I can't read through 26 pages of comments but I assume you know a lot of the White House staff are people caught up in the shut down.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:08 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
In 2016 when we had a major flood here in Louisiana, Trump also came down here a donated a truckload of supplies that he bought with his own money even though this is a solidly Republican state and he doesn't even need to campaign here to win. At the same time Obama couldn't even disrupt his golf vacation to come visit. Trump has always been generous with his own money. The Clinton Foundation uses money donated to them by the Saudis and Islamic oil sheikhs (yet nobody questions whether they're Saudi assets.)

If Trump had catered a 5 star meal to the players, the media would have found a way to attack him saying why do college football players deserve such a feast when all they do is play ball, its callous for them to have such a large feast when poor Central American people are in the caravan struggling to make it to America and while government workers don't know when their meal will come from etc etc.

They will be like yeah Trump has all this money that the Russians gave him of course he can afford it what about the poor people in the ghetto and illegals blah blah blah. Nothing he does will satisfy the left.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
In 2016 when we had a major flood here in Louisiana, Trump also came down here a donated a truckload of supplies that he bought with his own money even though this is a solidly Republican state and he doesn't even need to campaign here to win. At the same time Obama couldn't even disrupt his golf vacation to come visit. Trump has always been generous with his own money. The Clinton Foundation uses money donated to them by the Saudis and Islamic oil sheikhs (yet nobody questions whether they're Saudi assets.)

If Trump had catered a 5 star meal to the players, the media would have found a way to attack him saying why do college football players deserve such a feast when all they do is play ball, its callous for them to have such a large feast when poor Central American people are in the caravan struggling to make it to America and while government workers don't know when their meal will come from etc etc.

They will be like yeah Trump has all this money that the Russians gave him of course he can afford it what about the poor people in the ghetto and illegals blah blah blah. Nothing he does will satisfy the left.
State of NY has claimed he used his charity foundation for not only personal use but for campaign use. This flood was during the campaign correct?

And please do not mention a former POTUS playing golf when Trump has the record.

Also Obama did visit flood victims a couple days after Trump was there.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:13 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

Meanwhile you don't even realize you are being played. Trump caters McDonalds and people criticize it (rightly so) for being low class. This was by intention as it plays into Trump's narrative that Democrats are out of touch with "regular Americans" in flyover country. In the end, Trump wins and he strengthens his image that his base has of him being the champion of the "real America." This is classic Trumpism.

They could have just served basic steak and it would satisfy everyone but with Trump, everything has to be political and about pandering to his base.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:17 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
And the interesting thing, the money Trump spent purchasing this meal for the players is more money than Bernie Sanders or Ocasia Cortez had in their name before becoming politicians.......

Old 01-15-2019, 12:20 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Vast vast majority of people going to get fast food are low income minorities on food stamps

You know, democrats

It's hilarious that in liberal's blind hatred of Trump they literally can't even see basic facts

That's news to me. I thought we were all liberal "elites" sipping lattes and eating vegan. Guess I need to apply for food stamps and get me some big macs

Old 01-15-2019, 12:21 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

https://i.redd.it/cauu3ldg4ia21.jpg

Lincoln in the portrait is thinking....I saved the Republic for this ??!!

I bet Lincoln would have pigged out on that fast food.

Wait, is that salads I see?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies