Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 08:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
its the law
What’s the law? I do not recall any “Melania should waste taxpayer dollars during a shutdown” law.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:17 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
if Trump wanted to he could deny Pelosi access to any military transportation and make her fly commercial for the next 2 years when she returns to her district or anywhere else. He's Commander-in-Chief, he controls use of military equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 08:18 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
https://www.wpbf.com/article/first-l...beach/25940974

Melania’s in Palm Beach. After a flight on a US government plane. Don’t try to pretend Trump cares about anyone but Trump.
He does care about the Kremlin.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:20 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's not a pleasure trip! The military plane is for her protection because she is second in line to the presidency. But if I were her, I'd be drinking champagne tonight that I didn't have to go.
LOL.. you don't think she would have been drinking on that plane?

Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
What’s the law? I do not recall any “Melania should waste taxpayer dollars during a shutdown” law.
Does Melania have any power to negotiate a deal to end the shutdown? Pelosi and her delegation do, so they should stay in Washington and do it.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:24 PM

652 posts, read 340,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post

The majority of Americans are opposed to the idea of the wall.
Prior to Pearl Harbor, the majority of Americans wanted no part of the fighting in Europe and Asia. Took a historic attack against us to wake up the sheep.

The majority often doesn’t know what is good for them.

Exhibit A- Barack Obama
Exhibit B- Barack Obama
Exhibit C- You guessed it...Barack Hussein Obama!

Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
by law she's afforded Secret Service protection. SS protection doesn't allow for commercial air travel. If Pelosi wants to fly military planes she needs to get elected President. Otherwise, it's at Trump's discretion.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Does Melania have any power to negotiate a deal to end the shutdown? Pelosi and her delegation do, so they should stay in Washington and do it.
You don't think the optics are bad? The FLOTUS blowing tens of thousands on a flight to Florida for absolutely no reason during a shutdown?

Pelosi already offered border security money. Trump wants a WALL or he won't deal. Period. So, he's holding the country hostage to get money for a project that has the support of less than half the country.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Yes, everyone wants better immigration laws and improved border security, but the support for the Great Wall of Trump is just not there.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
by law she's afforded Secret Service protection. SS protection doesn't allow for commercial air travel. If Pelosi wants to fly military planes she needs to get elected President. Otherwise, it's at Trump's discretion.
LOL, no.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Prior to Pearl Harbor, the majority of Americans wanted no part of the fighting in Europe and Asia. Took a historic attack against us to wake up the sheep.

The majority often doesn’t know what is good for them.

Exhibit A- Barack Obama
Exhibit B- Barack Obama
Exhibit C- You guessed it...Barack Hussein Obama!
Explain what President Obama's middle name has to do with anything other than a dog whistle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies