Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 09:49 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Have you ever noticed that a large percentage of the posts written under usernames wrapped in the American Flag or espousing patriotism includes content that could have been written by paid Russian trolls?

Posters who have been here for years pointing out Buzzfeed is an entertainment site and they admitted they have no proof is now the Russians. Ok lol

Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
11 Repub senators broke ranks on Russia sanctions, so we can count those as voting to convict Trump if Russia collusion is proven with solid evidence. That means we only need 9 more. As we saw with Nixon, if Trump's polling numbers drop below 30 due once collusion is proved, then that will put a lot of pressure for Repubs to pull the plug on Trump.
Yeah I can see blue state Republicans jumping ship. Evangelical Christian Republicans in the South and Plains will likely stick with Trump until the end. But, should collusion be proven enough will likely jump ship to convict him.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:52 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Posters who have been here for years pointing out Buzzfeed is an entertainment site and they admitted they have no proof is now the Russians. Ok lol
I’ll take a page out of your book; prove it didn’t happen. Ok lulz.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:52 AM

8 posts, read 2,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
it seems like people who treat buzzfeed as a trusted source could be a russian trolls
Yeah, like

The National Review (those commies):

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...p-tower-plans/

People with an intelligence above a turnip wonder what the heck we will do about you "proud deplorable's".

That's the only reason it's taken so long to kick trump to the curb.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:58 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status...80563412160512

Old 01-18-2019, 09:58 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
You got me...I meant to say Nixon resigned...because he was going to be impeached over this exact same thing. I knew somebody was going to post this.
It's all they've got. Next thing will be pointing out poor spelling and grammar mistakes.

Neither Nixon's near-impeachment or Clinton's actual impeachment are even in the ballpark with what we have here.

Did Nixon or his henchmen or his campaign staff conspire with a foreign power to commit the Watergate break-in in an effort to get information to help him defeat the Democrats? Did Clinton or his staff conspire with a foreign government to help him hide his goofy affair with an intern?

Now it is time to set your partisan inclinations aside. This is a very, very serious situation that goes beyond anything we have seen in the history of this country.

Some Republicans still stand in fear of Trump but I have confidence that when the day comes, they will do the right thing and impeach him. I've been on the fence about it; thinking maybe the harm from an impeachment proceeding would outweigh the good, but I am beginning to change my mind on that as this whole story unfolds.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:59 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Here comes impeachment...a little ahead of schedule. Dems not waiting on Mueller report

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...05105870274560

Old 01-18-2019, 10:01 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let's understand something. There are a whole bunch of liars of both sides of the aisle. If you want to make absolute truth the standard, that would wipe out everyone. Obama, Bush, Clinton - toast... not to mention the deep state underlings as well.
Honestly, it's not even about a credibility determination of Trump or Cohen. If you actually read the article...

Quote:
The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.
It's not even about what Cohen says. The sources are saying that documents show that Trump directed Cohen to lie.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:02 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Here comes impeachment...a little ahead of schedule. Dems not waiting on Mueller report

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...05105870274560
Wow!

That is fantastic news.

If it is true that Trump asked his attorney to lie to Congress, he needs to be removed from office as soon as possible. He's a Russian stooge.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:02 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Notice that Trump has been very quiet about this story. I would have expected him to be all over Twitter blasting it.
Strange Silence.
Again, not sure what to make of that, but it's interesting.

Ken
Because he probably don't know what evidence exist out there to prove he did do that. He don't know if Cohen recorded that, or text message exchanges that would prove him guilty. So, I guess he can't cry out too loud, then the proof is released to the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies