Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:07 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
NO and No

I wish with every molecule of my being that he were not our POTUS, but I don't think he should be forced out. He won the election, like it or not that moment has passed as has the window to question the legitimacy of the election.

Dems need to get their act together, find a great candidate, and focus on repairing the damage starting 1/20/21.

If this plays out the way it's currently heading, he's not going to be around in 2020. He's starting to lose support among republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 07:10 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We should not impeach him on news reports from unidentified sources, that is for sure. On the other hand waiting for Mueller has the effect of taking the edge off of his multiple felonies as time passes and the sheer number of allegations mounts. We just become inured to his criminal behavior before and during his presidency.
plus every day we wait for impeachment, gives Individual-1 another day to do something else illegal or reckless tomorrow

Old 01-18-2019, 07:11 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Will you all be done with this nonsense by the time his 2nd term is half way over?

Old 01-18-2019, 07:13 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Will you all be done with this nonsense by the time his 2nd term is half way over?
You think Trump is going to be in office for a 2nd term? LOL

You poor, poor Trump supporters that refuse to acknowledge reality.

I will continue to pray for you every night.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:19 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I used to think Trump shouldn't be impeached because he was basically a loudmouth liar who was just more of a loudmouth liar than all the other presidents, only ridiculously incompetent. But most of his staff covered that issue by influencing policy or Trump's attitudes a bit with what limited qualifications they had. There is a boatload of evidence that his associates are criminals, but not evidence that he is himself, only suspicion. Sure, he wasn't doing much good, but the voters could vote him out in a couple of years if they chose. The shutdown has since changed my mind. What is the main job of the president? To RUN THE GOVERNMENT. And no matter what the Trump sycophants claim, Trump is the reason we have been locked down for nearly a month. Whether he is a criminal or not, he needs thrown out.

This shutdown is not about a wall. The shutdown is about control. DT is a control freak. It's all about, "My way or the the highway." He would hold the country hostage over someone forgetting the mustard on his Big Macs last week. It's all the same to him. He wants to be a king, not a president. And now Trump has gotten his wish, so he has no interest in changing anything. His threat about keeping the government shut down for "months or even years" if he does not get the money for his wall (i.e. everything he wants) is ample proof of that.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:23 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You think Trump is going to be in office for a 2nd term? LOL

You poor, poor Trump supporters that refuse to acknowledge reality.

I will continue to pray for you every night.
Bless your heart !!! I approve.
Anything that leads the worms out of the black hearted holey democrats.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:24 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
The end game is underway.

https://twitter.com/hardball/status/1086118590481346561

Old 01-18-2019, 07:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
I read these tired cry-for-help threads and walk away feeling confident that my mental health and sense of perspective are both in excellent shape.

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
I am not a big supporter of the President and I didn't vote for him (voted third party because I didn't like Clinton either). That said, I don't think he should resign and I don't think there are grounds to impeach him. I also think an impeachment would be bad for the country. Bill Clinton's impeachment took a toll and Nixon was smart enough to simply avoid the whole thing.

President Trump was hired to do a job, and he should do it the best he can. Of course with voters voting in more Democrats this past election, there isn't much else he's really going to be able to do. As they say, elections have consequences and that's the consequences of the 2018 election, voters cooled down what President Trump is doing because they aren't happy with it.

I look for him to simply finish his term and maybe not run again (I get the impression he isn't happy being President). He could easily claim he accomplished his goals in one term and isn't running again (even if he accomplishes nothing, I am sure he will claim it and believe it).

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Winter is here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies