Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 09:04 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,888,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
nobody has seen anything?
He said that he would meet with the Covington kids at their school to talk about tolerance; that was the last thing I saw in the media. They were quick to jump on it and ended up with egg on their faces after the narrative they tried to spin unraveled spectacularly.

Nathan Phillips was this close to being the national face of social justice, and he was perfect for it in many ways... A self-styled noble, just old Native American warrior for peace, which is something that both ends of the political compass (at least pretend) to admire. Then it turned out that his account had almost nothing to do with what happened, the "old black man" he said he was defending from a pack of predatory white kids was actually a virulently racist and homophobic monster and had been heckling the kids for some time... Then his service record got released to the media... Oops. Can't blame him for wanting to lay low a bit.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:18 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,709,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
He said that he would meet with the Covington kids at their school to talk about tolerance; that was the last thing I saw in the media. They were quick to jump on it and ended up with egg on their faces after the narrative they tried to spin unraveled spectacularly.

Nathan Phillips was this close to being the national face of social justice, and he was perfect for it in many ways... A self-styled noble, just old Native American warrior for peace, which is something that both ends of the political compass (at least pretend) to admire. Then it turned out that his account had almost nothing to do with what happened, the "old black man" he said he was defending from a pack of predatory white kids was actually a virulently racist and homophobic monster and had been heckling the kids for some time... Then his service record got released to the media... Oops. Can't blame him for wanting to lay low a bit.
Again why were the 14/15 year old Catholic boys there at an "anti abortion rally" ,their school ,their parents,their chaperones put them in that place and it blew up and now the parents ,school administrators and the Catholic church all look bad . The chaperones who ever it was are the ones that should be in trouble did they not think the boys were in a bad situation ,there were no calls to the Police for help.
There are protest in Washington DC every day about a 100 different things ,the boys were not sightseeing and as I said before I don't blame them it was all of the adults who now refuse to accept responsibility for their dumb decisions.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:28 AM

19,859 posts, read 12,147,585 times
Quote:

Nice summary.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,709,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Nice summary.
.........and none of it true.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:05 AM

39,296 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:

Yep.

He would be perfect if he was a Recon/Ranger. lol Too bad there is no such a thing as recon ranger in the Marine Corps.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:06 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,888,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.........and none of it true.
Unfortunately it is I'm an atheist and have a ton of issues with the Catholic Church, having grown up in it. I don't support these kids' hats, I don't support their beliefs on abortion, etc. I don't agree with schools on either side of the spectrum bringing their students to hot-button protests. But none that detracts from what a complete crock the initial narrative was, how dishonest Phillips was, or how gross it was for all these popular media figures to go on tirades about how they wanted to punch the kid in the face. Same as I think it's gross when people come down hard on black kids and say nasty things about them... They're teenagers, come on.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:08 AM

39,296 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:
Unfortunately it is I'm an atheist and have a ton of issues with the Catholic Church, having grown up in it. I don't support these kids' hats, I don't support their beliefs on abortion, etc. I don't agree with schools on either side of the spectrum bringing their students to hot-button protests. But none that detracts from what a complete crock the initial narrative was, how dishonest Phillips was, or how gross it was for all these popular media figures to go on tirades about how they wanted to punch the kid in the face. Same as I think it's gross when people come down hard on black kids and say nasty things about them... They're teenagers, come on.
I don't think he understands any of the above.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,027,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Again why were the 14/15 year old Catholic boys there at an "anti abortion rally" ,their school ,their parents,their chaperones put them in that place and it blew up and now the parents ,school administrators and the Catholic church all look bad . The chaperones who ever it was are the ones that should be in trouble did they not think the boys were in a bad situation ,there were no calls to the Police for help.
There are protest in Washington DC every day about a 100 different things ,the boys were not sightseeing and as I said before I don't blame them it was all of the adults who now refuse to accept responsibility for their dumb decisions.
so hundreds of protests but these boys should be barred from them?? Maybe they were just glad that they were not "aborted"??

Old 02-10-2019, 07:54 PM

52,736 posts, read 34,654,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
nobody has seen anything?
well this could be why-

Attorney For Nick Sandmann Confirms Tom-Tom Beating Liar and Stolen Valor Cretin Nathan Phillips Will Be Sued
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...ips-will-sued/

Old 02-10-2019, 11:32 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
well this could be why-

Attorney For Nick Sandmann Confirms Tom-Tom Beating Liar and Stolen Valor Cretin Nathan Phillips Will Be Sued
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...ips-will-sued/
Good to hear it, thanks for posting. Maybe that lying POS will be brought to some sort of justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies