Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 04:01 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times

Advertisements

More of those pro-life marchers showing their stuff.

https://twitter.com/MeloStreetVybz/s...49546404691969

Old 01-22-2019, 04:01 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Joy Behar admitted that the media was unfair to the boys, but said the reason why is because "everybody wants Trump out of office so bad".

This to me really gets to the crux of the matter: people with such white-hot hatred for Donald Trump that they can no longer operate rationally ... with common sense, dignity, or respect toward anything or anyone that they feel is an extension of Donald Trump.

That's mental illness, folks.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/22/t...n-trump-media/
Please note my stance on this issue in particular. This Doxxing garbage is reprehensible and the way many people on the left are going after these kids is sick. There is no doubt the hatred for Trump is making people go to extreme lengths to either prove how much they hate him or get him out of office.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-22-2019 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-22-2019, 04:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Please note my stance on this issue in particular. This Doxxing garbage is reprehensible and the way many people on the left are going after these kids is sick. There is no doubt the hatred for Trump is making people go to extreme lengths to either prove how much they hate him or get him out of office.
Good points -- I wish I had man some of them.

Thank you.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:04 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes indeed. But Disney/ABC/ESPN gives a half assed apology, deletes the tweet, and goes into hiding. None of the other MSM outlets, which would parrot it restlessly had it been as you said, are interested.

The extreme bias is like nothing I've ever seen.
I think we've all seen it, just not targeting 14 and 15 years old. But as we've seen with the selection of Supreme Court Justices, nothing is off the table if your a liberal. Not childish name calling, being made fun of on national TV, making up unproven flat out lies and worst of all threatening peoples lives for having a different political viewpoint. The saddest part is that there are no consequences for this behavior, in fact it's encouraged because you look like a hero to your fellow liberal peers. It's like fascist Europe all over again.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
More of those pro-life marchers showing their stuff.

https://twitter.com/MeloStreetVybz/s...49546404691969
Was that a Covington kid saying that?

Old 01-22-2019, 04:07 PM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I think we've all seen it, just not targeting 14 and 15 years old. But as we've seen with the selection of Supreme Court Justices, nothing is off the table if your a liberal. Not childish name calling, being made fun of on national TV, making up unproven flat out lies and worst of all threatening peoples lives for having a different political viewpoint. The saddest part is that there are no consequences for this behavior, in fact it's encouraged because you look like a hero to your fellow liberal peers. It's like fascist Europe all over again.
The 14 and 15 year old Catholics held their own and did fine against those breathless POS racist losers.

They've met their match.

Maybe next time, we can bus in some daycare kids.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:08 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Was that a Covington kid saying that?
Who knows? Hence why I said it was the kids at the pro-life rally.

Why? Does what high school some goes to make that statement more or less acceptable?

Old 01-22-2019, 04:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...h-school-kids/

Twitter Still Hasn’t Banned Accounts that Threatened High School Kids

Old 01-22-2019, 04:11 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Exactly----there is little justice in SJW.

Now Nathan Phillips says he will meet with the boys----just what he wanted in the first place----to become famous for an incidence he caused.
Why in the hell would the children lower themselves to talking with this lying, bigoted, racist POS? Don't enable him.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I will see if I can find the video where the tearful chaperone talked about how the kids were getting really scared and asked if they could chant the school cheer and then a kid did a back flip etc...to 'diffuse' the situation.

Why didn't the adults in the group -- round up the kids and take them away from that situation. The bus was not picking up the kids right where they were when the first group -- who were nasty human beings -- started harassing the boys.

I don't care how you want to paint it -- the chaperones, administrators failed these kids.

And it is a very important lesson. Purposefully taking young people into a situation where you know there is going to be tension (Washington DC last week end with opposing marches)......is not a field trip for high school kids.
RE: Bold

Property rights are absolute. When you are standing on non-private land (which all State-claimed land is) you have the right to stand your ground. You own the ground immediately under your feet.

Between Team Red and Team Blue not respecting or even knowing what property rights are I would have told the kids they could stay in that place or move if they felt unsafe. We need to reverse the awful notion that you don't have a right to remain where you are without being a victim of violence (which is the basis for statism). Now as far as I know there was no violation of the non-aggression principle by the groups opposing the boys. Good. But simply running away when an opposing group is in your vicinity because they may violate the NAP is not a healthy disposition to have.

Freedom of association and freedom of movement are intertwined with property rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies