Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 04:35 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times

Advertisements

Some further perspective from a former student of another Catholic school in the Covington Diocese:
Gay valedictorian banned from speaking at Covington graduation 'not surprised' by D.C. controversy
A gay student who was barred by the Covington diocese from speaking at his 2018 graduation, is "not surprised" by the Covington Catholic High School video.
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...ed-d-c-n961446

Old 01-22-2019, 04:37 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
I'm still not understanding why the one kid is at the center of all the controversy. Out of all of the high school kids he was not yelling or chanting anything during the incident. He was not even in the elder's face/personal space. He was simply standing there smirking. Yes, he did come across as looking smug, but there are way worse actions that could have occurred.

Before actually seeing the video, I thought he had actually stepped into the elder's face or really done something disrespectful. If that had happened, I would have been all over him. But in terms of the kid who is the face of this whole incident, he specifically, did not do anything to warrant all the flack he is getting. Maybe the high school kids as a whole, but not him specifically.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:37 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,968,632 times
I have an issue with threatening violence in this manner. These people are deranged, unhinged, unstable, delusional, mad, crazy, insane, and dangerous.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:38 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
One kid does not represent the entire school of kids. And you can’t sven prove that one of the kids said it.
Read things C A R E F U L L Y. I never said it was a CovCath students. I said it was a march attendee. The same march the CovCath students attended with several thousand other likeminded individuals. The thing is I don't think any of the MAGA hat kids and their friends (whether the smirking ones, the ones cat calling, or the ones with this young man) are particularly better or worse. If anything I think they are all remarkably the same.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:39 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
They should not have left all the posts urging people to doxx the minors.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Some further perspective from a former student of another Catholic school in the Covington Diocese:
Gay valedictorian banned from speaking at Covington graduation 'not surprised' by D.C. controversy
A gay student who was barred by the Covington diocese from speaking at his 2018 graduation, is "not surprised" by the Covington Catholic High School video.
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...ed-d-c-n961446
Fake news. That kid's planned valedictorian speech was nixed by school authorities because they thought it was too political. He could have given a different speech but refused. He was not barred from speaking because he's gay.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Who knows? Hence why I said it was the kids at the pro-life rally.

Why? Does what high school some goes to make that statement more or less acceptable?
No, it doesn't.

This is what happens when adults use children for their own purposes. Catholic high schools bus children in for the 'pro-life' march which is treated as a 'fun school trip'. It's a big deal to them to show all the young people - probably many of whom are there just to have fun and could care less about abortion one way or the other.

The statement made by the young man was reprehensible and his lack of maturity OR respect for women and girls is clearly showing.

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Fake news. That kid's planned valedictorian speech was nixed by school authorities because they thought it was too political. He could have given a different speech but refused. He was not barred from speaking because he's gay.
In any case, his free speech was squelched.

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I'm still not understanding why the one kid is at the center of all the controversy. Out of all of the high school kids he was not yelling or chanting anything during the incident. He was not even in the elder's face/personal space. He was simply standing there smirking. Yes, he did come across as looking smug, but there are way worse actions that could have occurred.

Before actually seeing the video, I thought he had actually stepped into the elder's face or really done something disrespectful. If that had happened, I would have been all over him. But in terms of the kid who is the face of this whole incident, he specifically, did not do anything to warrant all the flack he is getting. Maybe the high school kids as a whole, but not him specifically.
No wonder, since that lie was spread by every major media outlet from the NYT on down.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:51 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Nathan needs to meet with the Black Israelites and ask why they rained on his parade.
They seem to have a lot in common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies