Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 04:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,388,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Time will tell. And if does or does not it doesn't really matter. It is just indicative of a certain subset of people.
No, it's indicative of him.

We judge individuals...not submit to collectives.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,388,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
If it led to one of those kids being hurt how would that platform stand in court?
I don't know about court. That's based on fiction (laws).

Anyway, each individual is responsible for his/her actions.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:23 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,276,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
It is just more evidence about the type of people that attend these rallys, like the CovCath kids.
One kid does not represent the entire school of kids. And you can’t sven prove that one of the kids said it.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM

16,117 posts, read 6,873,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why in the hell would the children lower themselves to talking with this lying, bigoted, racist POS? Don't enable him.

Nathan needs to meet with the Black Israelites and ask why they rained on his parade.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,527,685 times
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ra...m_campaign=LSN

Sen. Rand Paul defends Covington kids: They’re ‘taking all sorts of abuse they do not deserve’

“The honorable and tolerant students of Covington Catholic School came to DC to advocate for the unborn and to learn about our nation’s [capital],” tweeted Rep. Massie, who represents the congressional district in which Covington Catholic is located. “What they got was a brutal lesson in the unjust court of public opinion and social media mobs.”

Old 01-22-2019, 04:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,527,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Nathan needs to meet with the Black Israelites and ask why they rained on his parade.
Seems they were in on it from the beginning though.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 PM

16,117 posts, read 6,873,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
RE: Bold

Property rights are absolute. When you are standing on non-private land (which all State-claimed land is) you have the right to stand your ground. You own the ground immediately under your feet.

Between Team Red and Team Blue not respecting or even knowing what property rights are I would have told the kids they could stay in that place or move if they felt unsafe. We need to reverse the awful notion that you don't have a right to remain where you are without being a victim of violence (which is the basis for statism). Now as far as I know there was no violation of the non-aggression principle by the groups opposing the boys. Good. But simply running away when an opposing group is in your vicinity because they may violate the NAP is not a healthy disposition to have.

Freedom of association and freedom of movement are intertwined with property rights.

Well spoken.
Life,Liberty and the pursuit of happiness............................

Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,022,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
All that I’m saying is quit attacking Native American people! They absolutely don’t deserve any of this, haven’t they already suffered enough?
I got nothing against Native Americans. However someone I don’t care what race is that fakes being a war veteran is a POS

Old 01-22-2019, 04:33 PM

1,991 posts, read 902,099 times
I have to admit, when I saw the original posted video, my first impulse was to smack the smirk off that kid’s face. After the second video was posted here, I knew I was wrong. I don’t know about you, but I’m using this event as a object lesson, so that in the future, I reserve judgement until the ALL the facts are in. I hope I’m successful in my endeavor.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:35 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,185,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Covington kids should sue Twitter

You see, by censoring conservative tweets on Facebook and Twitter, these multi-national corporations became publishers and not impartial web platforms -- especially since death threats are against their rules but they allowed these tweets anyway.

You allow them, you own them.

"Twitter now owns every tweet on its site. That means if someone is libeled and bothers to sue, his lawyer is going after the publisher: Twitter."

The blogpost contains tweets suggesting that the kids should be put in a wood chipper... and the school should be burned down...

Consider this also... remember when Craigslist and other shadowy sites had to change because a law was put in place that made them liable for sexual assaults if advertisements linked to a crime were posted on their servers? Seems like the same should come into play here.

Maybe a lawsuit will put them on notice about their content.

That's proof that Twitter, Facebook and Google are very selective when it comes to enforcing their Terms of Service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.