Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a MAGA hat a symbol of hate?
Yes - A MAGA hat is a symbol of hate. 72 28.57%
No - A MAGA hat is simply showing support for a politician or political movement. 173 68.65%
Neither - I'm just covering up the bald spot on my head. 7 2.78%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 12:41 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times

Advertisements

I don’t like or agree with Trump at all, but wear what you want people!

Old 01-22-2019, 12:42 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Killing 17 innocent kids in school is overblown?! Listen to yourself man. This is God awful

Conservatives once again showing how "pro-life" they really are.

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
I think political gear in general is obnoxious. bumper stickers, MAGA hats, Hillary shirts. It's all obnoxious.

Politics are a red-hot topic in America today, and going around flaunting your MAGA hat or Bernie shirt just makes you look like a tool that's looking to **** people off while walking around.

But yes, MAGA hats are essentially the new confederate flag. MAGA represents Trump, and Trump represents hate. Trump calls black football players sons of *******, black countries "****hole countries," "black women "low IQ," Mexicans "rapists and criminals."

Trump represents hate, MAGA represents Trump. and people wearing MAGA hats absolutely LOVE it when Trump insults minorities. It's the way Trump supporters can tell people of color "**** you."

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The MAGA hat is the most popular campaign gear of the the 2016 election. Of course people who support the president should be free to show their support for President Trump.

I don't recall anyone being harassed for wearing "Hope and Change" or any other Obama t-shirts.
You may not recall it but it happened.

One example, this man beaten in Louisiana for wearing an Obama shirt the day after the election in 2008. Unless you don't consider a fractured nose and eye socket "harassment".

UPDATE: Longview Man Arrested Accused of Beating Obama Supporter

Old 01-22-2019, 12:43 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Incorrect. Obama was not a Republican.
Bingo, I thought that was understood.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:44 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In other words, white heterosexual fundamentalist Christians are a superior specimen and therefore everyone else should be treated as second-class citizens under the law.
your world.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:51 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left are afraid that many many Americans will wear that MAGA hat for support of our president and our ideology. This is why they are trying to put fear into Trump supporters to NOT wear the MAGA hat.. they want to destroy all support of our president. They get behind closed doors and find ways to control even the Trump supporters.
By the way, I still have a Trump 2016 sticker on my car and on my SUV a Trump 2020 sticker plus a sticker that says, I DO NOT BELIEVE THE LIBERAL MEDIA on my back window.

lol, your dreaming buddy, but go ahead and enjoy it while it lasts. Trumpism is exactly what was predicted by smart people 20 years ago.

All of your woes are directly related to Ronnie's bullpoop economics and flipped positions of labor and capital.

But let's face it, you are never going to bother figuring that out because it is so much easier to blame some random group of people instead of using your grey matter.

As a nation we made a massive mistake letting Reagan and those who followed sell us a lot of BS tax policies that have done nothing but make the rich vastly richer and put us on a path to permanent serfdom.

There is no true liberal media to speak of, unless you are speaking of lifestyle choices. virtually all US media spews the lie that low taxation for the wealthy is somehow good for all of us. Whereas in reality when nations have progressive taxation policies AND a real economic floor everyone does a lot better.

YOUR wage goes UP when the bottom 25% are well insulated from extreme poverty. Why? because employers must offer you jobs good enough to make you want rather than just enough to stop you starving or losing your rental....

You want real MAGA, let's start with taxing real progressive taxation worth a damn. don't worry none of us here make enough to suffer , and the relief it will bring you and your extended network of family and friends will more than compensate....

you need to stop believing the lie that the US is a merit based nation, it most certainly is not. It favors capital, assets holders over labr everyday all day since Reagan first took office.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:02 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I don't see a MAGA hat, sticker, poster, etc. as a sign of hatred by default. However, it can become a hatred sign depending on who is using it and how they are using it.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:07 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In other words, white heterosexual fundamentalist Christians are a superior specimen and therefore everyone else should be treated as second-class citizens under the law.

The "America" that the MAGA-hat wearing people are loyal to only exists in reruns of "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Andy Griffith Show." They are loyal to an America that is ONLY for white heterosexual fundamentalist Christians. Everyone else can go f themselves. They have nothing but hate for today's America...a nation that is very ethnically, religiously, and ideologically diverse.
That is just a made up meme that you guys run with, it's really passe and played out.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
What a silly question! So let's say so person has a Trump bumper sticker on their car and their neighbor has a Hillary sticker on theirs? Are you saying the Trump bumper sticker is a symbol of hatred and the Hillary sticker isn't? That's absurd!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies