Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 02:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I think many of them know. They just don't want to admit it.
I don’t think they care.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:03 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don’t think they care.

Prove that Trump did all those things. You cannot, because all you have are assumptions, based on your bias against Trump, that you think he might be capable of doing what you imagine, what you think, he might have done.

for two freaking years, all you people have done is speculate, on top of your precious speculations.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:04 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don’t think they care.
A great way to make people not care is to have a point soundly refuted, then go on with the conversation as if the point is true. What is the purpose of continuing such a conversation? Isn't it just rational to not care in such cases?

Old 01-23-2019, 03:14 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
When Trump announced our withdrawal from Syria, a talented Secretary of Defense resigned.

Now this: https://www.rferl.org/a/us-house-vot.../29725853.html

Is Fox News soft pedaling these important policy decisions so much that you can ignore them or are you all just testadura (stupidly thick headed)?
Would take a severe mental illness for me to change my mind.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Jesus, how old are you??
Don't use that tone with yer elders you young whipper-snapper!

Old 01-23-2019, 08:26 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Do you check under your bed every night for scary Russians?

I just look at the republican side of congress and I know that they are all there.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:37 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Would take a severe mental illness for me to change my mind.

I was a Republican once. That changed when Paul Volcker tried to convince me that a tax cut for the wealthy during the Reagan administration would find it's way down to me. The way that it played out was that it was a fairy tale no more real than anything that Grimm ever told. While there were raises in the thirty years since Reagan, they stayed so close to even with inflation that the middle class was not really getting wealthier like they did in the fifties and the sixties.

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, and others who made communism as evil as the devil himself, told American housewives that a communist government would make them go to work. What a convenient lie that was. It seems like the new norm in America is the two paycheck family. At first they got ahead, way ahead. But now it seems that with layoffs being as common as they are it's not unusual for one to be working while the other is looking for work. The well paying manufacturing jobs are gone.

Trump himself gave corporate America a permanent 14% tax cut. The rest of us got a bribe until 2025 so that we would shut up. Actually, some of the better off families in the wealthier suburbs got skunked when deductions were severely curtailed. NAFTA was renegotiated. This was supposed to reverse the damage that Clinton did in the nineties. Except for some milk farmers in Northern New York, no one ever gave us the details of the great reversal.

The Democrats are not much better, but I don't need to be deranged to see that they are the lesser of two evils.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:04 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I was a Republican once. That changed when Paul Volcker tried to convince me that a tax cut for the wealthy during the Reagan administration would find it's way down to me. The way that it played out was that it was a fairy tale no more real than anything that Grimm ever told. While there were raises in the thirty years since Reagan, they stayed so close to even with inflation that the middle class was not really getting wealthier like they did in the fifties and the sixties.

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, and others who made communism as evil as the devil himself, told American housewives that a communist government would make them go to work. What a convenient lie that was. It seems like the new norm in America is the two paycheck family. At first they got ahead, way ahead. But now it seems that with layoffs being as common as they are it's not unusual for one to be working while the other is looking for work. The well paying manufacturing jobs are gone.

Trump himself gave corporate America a permanent 14% tax cut. The rest of us got a bribe until 2025 so that we would shut up. Actually, some of the better off families in the wealthier suburbs got skunked when deductions were severely curtailed. NAFTA was renegotiated. This was supposed to reverse the damage that Clinton did in the nineties. Except for some milk farmers in Northern New York, no one ever gave us the details of the great reversal.

The Democrats are not much better, but I don't need to be deranged to see that they are the lesser of two evils.
Nailed it.

"Trickle down" economics is a lie. Supply doesn't drive economies. Demand does.

The last Republican President to leave the economy in better economic shape than he found it was Eisenhower.

Every Democratic President since then has left the nation in the same or much better shape. Clinton left the nation with budget surpluses. Obama left the economy in much better shape than he found it.

Republican economic policies just don't work.

The Trade War with China is a mess. China is contracting with Russia for soybeans. That market is unlikely to ever come back.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-24-2019 at 04:12 AM..

Old 01-24-2019, 04:04 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Why are we in Syria to begin with?

-Obama broke promises and lied to get us into Syria.

-Obama repeatedly armed ISIS, Al Qaeda, and other terrorists in an attempt to arm "moderate rebels" in a civil war. Those weapons have been used to kill innocent people.

-Obama's strikes inside of Syria have killed innocent people.

-Obama used faulty logic to argue to stay in Syria.

-Obama spent billions inside of Syria.

-Obama demanded that Turkey build a wall (walls are apparently immoral) on its border because of Syria, something that Turkey rejected.

-The Syrian Civil War that the US has helped extend has created a refugee crisis across Europe and more political instability across Europe as well.

-Russia has had relations in Syria for decades, so going against Assad got us involved in nuclear Russia's backyard...and was confrontational with Russia. The DNC argument that we are giving Russia influence inside of Syria if we pull out doesn't compute...they've been there with naval and military bases for decades. It is a lie.

-There are lots of civil wars across the globe where leaders kill people. There are lots of leaders across the globe that kill their own leaders for control. Why did we single out Syria?

-Taking out Assad would create a power vacuum...supporting the rebels also helps create power vacuums...who is most likely to fill that void? ISIS-like people or Democracy loving hippies that want to extend liberty to all citizens?

-The US government admitted that rebels got their hands on chemical weapons, how do we know that rebels didn't do some of the chemical attacks to provoke more action against Assad?

Why must the US always be this industrial military complex causing problems around the globe?

https://www.stpete4peace.org/obama-fact-sheet

SLIDESHOW: Debunking Obama's Case for War on Syria. St. Pete for Peace

Old 01-24-2019, 04:26 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
The Soviet Russians spent just about the whole 20th century infiltrating the US media, Edu, and governance which resulted in the creation of the progressive left like the op. In ultimate irony, these leftists now blame Russia for Trump. Idiots indeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peywCg40Ye8

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies