Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:43 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times

Advertisements

I was curious who is more popular in NYC?

I rarely hear NYC politicians criticize our President, like San Francisco and LA politicians. Seems like New York politicians know that President Trump is the one who butters their bread and gave them so much.

Would a NYC politician benefit more if they showed up with President Trump or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

Does President Trump enjoy a hometown advantage that he wouldn't in LA, San Francisco or Boston?

President Trump played a large role in the renaissance of NYC. NYC was doing terribly in the 1970s before President Trump build his incredible resorts, hotels, office towers and did extensive office and retail renovations through NYC.

Interesting how NYC was bankrupt in the 1970s and it's economic future changed if President Trump started fixing much of the city up.

https://www.amny.com/real-estate/don...ity-1.10670338

It is seems to me that sort President Trump and Rudy Giuliani are the hero's that made NYC the economically superior city it is today.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the other hand supposedly won one of the most small land area Democratic districts in NYC which would vote for a Democrat no matter what.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-23-2019 at 08:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 08:46 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
My god, I don't believe this ... Donald Trump's effects on the economy of NYC have been tiny. Probably Goldman Sachs alone has had 1000 times more effect on its economy than Trump.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:48 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Also, most of those properties were not even built by him, he bought naming rights. They would have been built had he never existed, they just would have had a different name on them.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:53 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Trump currently has a 59% disapproval rating in New York state, which is likely higher in NYC (upstate is more conservative than the city itself).
https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

He only received 19% of the vote in 2016 in NYC, his hometown.
https://abc7ny.com/politics/how-each...-all)/1598306/

Old 01-24-2019, 12:09 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Trump is positively despised in New York, in spite of all his attempts of ingratiating himself. In fact, if the NYC upper-crust had been a little more accommodating, we might not have been in this current fix.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:12 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

I rarely hear NYC politicians criticize our President, like San Francisco and LA politicians. Seems like New York politicians know that President Trump is the one who butters their bread and gave them so much.

Would a NYC politician benefit more if they showed up with President Trump or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

Does President Trump enjoy a hometown advantage that he wouldn't in LA, San Francisco or Boston?

President Trump played a large role in the renaissance of NYC. NYC was doing terribly in the 1970s before President Trump build his incredible resorts, hotels, office towers and did extensive office and retail renovations through NYC.

Interesting how NYC was bankrupt in the 1970s and it's economic future changed if President Trump started fixing much of the city up.

It is seems to me that sort President Trump and Rudy Giuliani are the hero's that made NYC the economically superior city it is today.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the other hand supposedly won one of the most small land area Democratic districts in NYC which would vote for a Democrat no matter what.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the exit to delusional cloud nine is this way !

Old 01-24-2019, 10:42 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times
It's hard to say...by "popular" I assume you mean well liked.

If I had to say who the one who resonates the most positively out of all of them is Ocasio-Cortez. The press is handling her with kid's gloves and she's a freshman House rep who's young and won in an upset.

Trump is loathed here...I like him, but typically NYers hate him.

De Blasio isn't well liked either and neither is Cuomo. THey are constantly at odds with one another and many of their policies are controversial.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:46 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:

You've never been to NYC, correct?

Old 01-24-2019, 10:46 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Put down the Koolaid. Seriously. Get some help.

I don't know what you've heard about New York real estate in the 70's and 80's but you are way, way off. trump took advantage of the tax laws of the time, the same as thousands of other people did. He and his family also cheated to evade taxes, discriminated against African Americans, hired undocumented workers repeatedly, were sued thousands of times by contractors they refused to pay, and fought against bringing buildings up to new standards(remember the man killed in a recent Trump Tower fire)?

Old 01-24-2019, 10:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:

who is more popular.....none of the above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies