Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 10:33 AM

10,512 posts, read 4,074,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
In addition to being incredibly racist and unkind, that's gotta fall into the category of incredibly stupid to diss your clients ...or does racism against whites pay off these days?
She doesn't just dis White people, she lashes out at anyone, and she is particularly very homophobic and had her twitter account shut down for homophobic tweets. She is just a miserably ****, and will end up being her own worst enemy. People like that don't last long in showbiz. She will eventually be dropped by her labels and refused by venues to hold concerts because they won't want to deal with the possible liability she will sure to cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 10:34 AM

52,349 posts, read 52,799,906 times
People talk about how white people feel emboldened now to say racist things.

I find the exact opposite to be true. It's non-whites now I hear saying more stupid and mean spirited things toward white people, men in particular.

It's like it's cool now to hate on the white guy.

People should treat everyone with basic respect. It's stupid that I have to even say this out loud.

What a mean spirited and callous comment to make toward all of that awful suffering those people went through.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:38 AM

52,349 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngone32 View Post
Why is an Azealia Banks thread on this forum? Man people have no lives.
It's the politics and other controversies forum.

Some people find what she said to be controversial.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:42 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,180,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Can you imagine if this was a white singer referring to POC or the LGBTQ + community in the same way.
Imagine she was white? Referring to "POC or the LGBTQ?" You act like someone (anyone) is defending her statements? Most horrible statements made by anyone are not defended... Get over your misplaced outrage.

Quote:
If she had been white and said the same things about POC or LGBTQ+, then politicians would have been calling for her to be banned from ever entering entire countries ever again, indeed she would have been added to the Home Office list of banned people in the UK.

Whilst SJW's would be launching a sustained campaign against her.

As it is there are a couple of media reports which will quickly be forgotten about.
If you are really that concerned about mute politicians - write them, don't just post your anger to a website. Don't like what SJW's choose to protest? Get out there in the street and make your own protest.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:43 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
I'm surprised someone of her ilk studied enough history to know about the famine.

Looks like this all started bc she was treated poorly (in her opinion) on a flight by Irish flight attendants.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:22 AM

27,268 posts, read 13,540,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

Imagine she was white? Referring to "POC or the LGBTQ?" You act like someone (anyone) is defending her statements? Most horrible statements made by anyone are not defended... Get over your misplaced outrage.
I don't have any misplaced rage, I merely pointed out the fact that if it had been directed and other sections of society then there would be calls for her to be banned from countries. A lot of people including the Phelps family are banned from ever entering the UK because of their LGBTQ views, as are others in relation to race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl

If you are really that concerned about mute politicians - write them, don't just post your anger to a website. Don't like what SJW's choose to protest? Get out there in the street and make your own protest.
I merely called for a level playing field, whereby one group can't claim victimisation if anything is said, whilst it's seen as pefectly acceptable to attack another group in such a disgusting way, including mention of a famine that killed millions

Last edited by Brave New World; 01-28-2019 at 11:43 AM..

Old 01-28-2019, 11:34 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,844,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree they should be ignored, but you know the media just eats this stuff up.

What is a "regular white"?

And I hate to burst your bubble but whites and Irish aren't relying on black folks and/or the LGBTQ Community for anything, let alone being saved.

LOL - I was joking and also a bit serous about the OP coming on here to complain about a white singer bashing Irish people and acting like she isn't getting a lot of slap back cause it wasn't the blacks and gays.

What I stated is jokingly but kind of true, black twitter-ers and LGBTQ twitter-ers just have very quick slap backs to stuff like this.

Most regular people in general don't care about this sort of crap. I'm wondering why the OP brought up black people and LGBTQs when this was a comment about Irish people. It is as if he/she wants the blacks and LGBTQs to say something back to her for the Irish lol. It is silly.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,581,259 times
Quote:
I don't have any misplaced rage, I merely pointed out the fact that if it had been directed and other sections of society then there would be calls for her to be banned from countries. A lot of people including the Phelps family are banned from ever entering the UK because of their LGBTQ views, as are others in relation to race.

I merely called for a level playing field, whereby one group can't claim victimisation if anything is said, whilst it's seen as pefectly acceptable to attack another group in such a disgusting way, including mention of a famine that killed millions.
Look around, no one is supporting her. Your assumptions are totally made up.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:46 AM

27,268 posts, read 13,540,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Look around, no one is supporting her. Your assumptions are totally made up.
I didn't claim anyone was supporting her, however this incident isn't a one off and she has a history of haterful behaviour.

Other people have been banned from countries for far less.

Azealia Banks could be banned from the UK following Zayn Malik racist tweets - NME

Azealia Banks suspended from Twitter following racist attack on Zayn Malik - The Guardian

Azealia Banks axed from UK festival after racist rant at Zayn Malik - The Guardian

Azealia Banks 'banned from Facebook' after slamming nation of Brazil as "third world freaks - Daily Mirror

Old 01-28-2019, 11:49 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,922,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Her 15 minutes of fame is nearly up. In five years, she'll be broke, fat and pregnant and be back in Harlem, if she can afford it!
Now who's being racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies