Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who does the money you have legally earned belong to?
The society 3 2.22%
The government 10 7.41%
You 117 86.67%
I don’t know. 5 3.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 06:58 AM

2,362 posts, read 780,202 times

Advertisements

What does legally earned mean? It means you paid your taxes, and everything you net after. If you haven't paid taxes yet, it's not your money and the government can even charge interest if the amount and time is big enough.

So yes, the money belongs to you after you pay your taxes. If you don't pay your taxes, part of that earnings is not legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 07:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,486,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Wow man, that's like really killer acid dude. Gimme a hit.

Just so you smelly hippies understand here, money will not buy you happiness.

But that being said, why are smellie hippies so eager to spend my money?
Why are you so eager to get free stuff?

Old 01-29-2019, 07:14 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,486,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Which wouldn't be a problem if the U.S. government didn't require tribute and that tribute be made in its monopolized currency.

Here I shall cite once again the story of my off-grid friends living in the mountains of Vermont. They use no State services or infrastructure yet they must make two tributes a year (what the statists call property taxes) to the State.

Quite the conundrum for a family that doesn't use U.S. currency in its daily life. How do they pay? The wife babysits under the table and receives U.S. currency for the sole use of paying the tribute. She would not do it otherwise but if the tribute isn't paid and paid using the mandatory currency they will face a caging.

Isn't it ironic that in order live peacefully on your own you still must be a slave to the State and at the same time become a "criminal" under its laws (she isn't filing W2s)?
Perhaps it`s time for a Hillbilly Tax?

Old 01-29-2019, 07:35 AM

13,985 posts, read 5,648,489 times
Quote:
Here I shall cite once again the story of my off-grid friends living in the mountains of Vermont. They use no State services or infrastructure yet they must make two tributes a year (what the statists call property taxes) to the State.

Quite the conundrum for a family that doesn't use U.S. currency in its daily life. How do they pay? The wife babysits under the table and receives U.S. currency for the sole use of paying the tribute. She would not do it otherwise but if the tribute isn't paid and paid using the mandatory currency they will face a caging.

Isn't it ironic that in order live peacefully on your own you still must be a slave to the State and at the same time become a "criminal" under its laws (she isn't filing W2s)?
Having looked into it, I think the closest an individual can get to being free of forced tribute is living aboard an ocean voyage capable boat, and docking only in locations that do not require live-aboards to pay personal property tax. You can actually avoid almost all property and income taxation that way, assuming you know all the rules for how many days you can be in any location before you are considered a taxable resident.

Not too many other ways to own your shelter outright and not have to pay (semi)annual tribute simply because you and your shelter exist within a specific geography.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:55 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,724 times
Quote:
My off grid friends in Vermont have only one need for the U.S. dollar - paying their tribute to the State. The U.S. dollar has no value in their everyday life. NONE.

Sorry, you'll have to start from that reality. Unless you're saying they can avoid those property taxes without facing one of your goons threatening to cage them.
Give to Caesar what's Caesar's. You want to use US currency, then pay the cost.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:57 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,360,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
When arguing against freedom, opponents want pat answers to every scenario they can imagine, but refuse to use that same imagination to consider that there might be multiple alternatives or solutions not yet thought of or developed. Who could have imagined/forseen careers such as web designer, code writer, radiologist, nuclear engineer, etc. a hundred years ago? But yet we are expected to answer the questions right now or its NO SALE.
That’s one of the most frustrating things for me. Even back when I believed in all kinds of state intervention, I at least had the mentality that in an ideal world, people could just live their lives in peace, the way they wish to live it. When someone said there was a way, I was skeptical but excited to hear it.

The fact that many people aggressively find any excuse to dismiss the idea is just strange. I suppose that goes back to the old Sam Adams quote...

Quote:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:58 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,302,265 times
You have to contribute toward a functioning society. Do you plan not to use roads, firefighters...police?

Old 01-29-2019, 08:01 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,724 times
Quote:
I addressed it. You just don't like the answer.

The land my friends bought from the U.S. government is not a binding contract. It was tribute so that they could put a roof over their head and remain alive.

The land was not homesteaded by an individual. Upon purchase, they cleared it and built their home. By natural law, it belonged to no one prior to them mixing their labor with it.

But because the State demands a tribute for the land or else they will cage/kill you...my friends complied. Do you know what that means? It means they made a decision under duress which voids any contract. The other day T0103E pointed this out by giving the example of a carjacking: if a man holds a gun to your head and demands that you give him your car that doesn't mean you've consented or condone such transfers of ownership. And you rightfully owned that car too. You were under duress...the gun to your head is a dead giveaway.

What claim does the State have to land which it has not had one of its goons mix his labor with?

But you must pay property taxes or fines/licenses in order to remain on land the State arbitrarily claimed eons before your own birth.

Again, if you're saying that I can go up to the mountains like my friends did and simply pick out a plot of land and homestead it without one of your goons threatening me I'd love to see it. They went to the library (hooray for the benefits of taxation ), located the county auditor's website, found the parcel the State had assigned one of its fancy numbers to (let's call it P-5744785...are you impressed with the official nature of this number? I am. ), and then went to the county courthouse (another impressive feature of the State...those ornate buildings which give off such an aura of authority) and paid a tribute to be able to have shelter over their head.

You don't understand ownership and rights of ownership. I must mix my labor with a natural resource to make a finished good - then I own it. Or I could voluntarily trade, buy, or receive from charity a product then it becomes mine.

The problem is you have armed goons at the ready if I do not form an agreement with them. That's duress. It's a non-binding agreement when one man has a gun to his head.
Using this logic...landlords are coercing their tenants for tribute?

Old 01-29-2019, 08:01 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,249,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Unless you keep your money as a wad of cash in a coffee can under your bed, it's in circulation.

I buy gold and I keep it. No one has my money but me.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Talking Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I buy gold and I keep it. No one has my money but me.
If your "ownership" of that gold is in the form of certificates rather than bullion stashed in your safe deposit box, your money tied up in that asset is definitely in circulation.

Don't take my word for it.

Ask your financial advisor.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies