Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who does the money you have legally earned belong to?
The society 3 2.22%
The government 10 7.41%
You 117 86.67%
I don’t know. 5 3.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 04:30 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I addressed it. You just don't like the answer.

The land my friends bought from the U.S. government is not a binding contract.
Okay.

Spoiler
Must be nice to enter in a consensual agreement, and complain about the agreement afterwards, as to paint yourself as some victim by screaming "sovereign citizen, anarchy, etc etc, all the while ignoring you voluntarily consented to the terms of purchase. It's nothing more than going back on your word. No one takes anarchist serious becasue of....wait for it...absence of logic, and integrity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 04:31 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I voted mine but I do understand the need for some level of taxation. Road work, infrastructure and police aren't free.

I have a co-worker that I think is insane. He has no problem taxing rich people at that 70% range AOC is calling for. He can't get that that is stealing in my opinion. Yes, pay your fair share but why penalize and tax rich people that much more. It's a productivity killer in my opinion.

Same goes with money in the bank if you have too much of it he wants the government to take it in taxes in order to force people to spend it on goods and services I imagine.

What gives people like him the right to fleece people like that??? So the productive people have to pay for the unproductive jerry springer watchers. LOL. I don't get how some people think.
This is mostly a canard. The vast majority of people getting benefits work, but their jobs pay them too little to live on. When I was on food stamps and medicaid in 2009, I certainly had a job, but it was part time for $10/hr, which was the only job available then, due to the economy crashing

Old 01-28-2019, 04:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Okay.

Spoiler
Must be nice to enter in a consensual agreement, and complain about the agreement afterwards, as to paint yourself as some victim by screaming "sovereign citizen, anarchy, etc etc, all the while ignoring you voluntarily consented to the terms of purchase. It's nothing more than going back on your word. No one takes you serious becasue of....wait for it...absence of logic.
You don't like the answer.

I know the fear and the discomfort. Nobody likes admitting they are a slave and that they truly own nothing under statism, it's all rented with discretion from the State (as Gungnir noted). I hope to one day be free myself.

Logically if you believe that my friends wanted to purchase that land from the State and pay the property taxes twice a year then I'd say you're insane. Why would they do this if they could just go up there and live peacefully? These cats make their own soap, candles, pelts, etc. It's Daniel Boone type stuff going on there.

It's because there were already several families in that general area who lived up there and the county was aware of their presence. Apparently 30some years ago a few folks tried homesteading without going to the county auditor and purchasing the land. The county found out when they busted one of the guys while he was in town with weed on him (why do you instruct your goons to not let us freedom lovers carry plants on us? Scratch that...it's a whole other thread ).

Busted and with priors ("drug offenses") he informed the State of what was going on up there to get reduced time.

So now you and your goons know the situation. It's why my friends had to go the library and find out which gangster requires tribute to be able to put a roof over their head. Found it out, pay the tribute.

Freedom!

Last edited by No_Recess; 01-28-2019 at 05:40 PM..

Old 01-28-2019, 07:12 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You don't like the answer.
Your response is nonsensical, it does not follow normal standards of reason and logic.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:28 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Nothing is certain in life, but death and taxes.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:30 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Nothing is certain in life, but death and taxes.
Taxes dont need to be.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:32 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Taxes dont need to be.
Yes, they do. Most people would draw the line at private law enforcement. Last I checked, toll roads and private fire departments aren't that popular either. And finally, the vast majority of families cannot afford tuition for private schools

Old 01-28-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Your response is nonsensical, it does not follow normal standards of reason and logic.
I have reason and logic on my side here. At least give me that.

Me: Consent is an agreement between two or more parties free from duress and with the cognitive ability to do so.

You: Consent is when one exits a birthing canal.

Don't sweat it. We've all got our crosses to bear.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yes, they do. Most people would draw the line at private law enforcement. Last I checked, toll roads and private fire departments aren't that popular either. And finally, the vast majority of families cannot afford tuition for private schools
Chicken or the egg?

Taxes or life?

Old 01-28-2019, 07:41 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
All could be done in a free market and be done in more than one way and to fit more than one budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies