Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 08:04 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Of course they are. But that is hardly a valid reason for not killing a harmful, damaging, corrupt, out of date law.
It's one of many reasons not to legalize drugs.

By the way, I don't think you ever responded to my question way back when: if marijuana has so many health benefits for human beings, why in the world do we deprive minors of this beneficial "plant" under the law? Why, do you know that is I administered this plant to my child, I could be arrested!

Oh, and I almost forgot: Reefer Madness!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 08:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
"Medical Marijuana and Emotional Support Animals"...……...two of the biggest farces in history. MM is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to get pot into the hands of anyone who can con a Doctor into signing a script.

The world is dumb enough without everyone being blasted on pot.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Of course they are. It is one of the many reasons The War On Drugs does not work, and never will.

It is hardly a valid reason for not finally killing off a harmful, damaging, corrupt, out of date law.
But, it works very well for the cartels who supply the drugs, and to law enforcement, whose job it is, to enforce drug laws. Both sides rely on on each other for their own survival, if one were to fall, the other would fall not long after.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:14 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
"Medical Marijuana and Emotional Support Animals"...……...two of the biggest farces in history. MM is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to get pot into the hands of anyone who can con a Doctor into signing a script.

The world is dumb enough without everyone being blasted on pot.
What a terribly uninformed post. Your bias and refusal to do any research is shining like a beacon.

Do you actually enjoy making such a fool of yourself?

BTW, I use it everyday. I never get "blasted". How do you explain that?

You are around daily cannabis users every day without realizing it, because they are indistinguishable from non-users or those who relax at home with a drink every night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ojs3AFono

Quote:
CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta explains how he changed his mind about using marijuana for medicinal purposes and why he wrote Attorney General Jeff Sessions asking him to reconsider US marijuana laws.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
It's one of many reasons not to legalize drugs.

By the way, I don't think you ever responded to my question way back when: if marijuana has so many health benefits for human beings, why in the world do we deprive minors of this beneficial "plant" under the law? Why, do you know that is I administered this plant to my child, I could be arrested!

Oh, and I almost forgot: Reefer Madness!!!
Acknowledging the medicinal benefits of marijuana would conflict with the 'anti drug narrative' that has been pushed by Govt and law enforcement for decades.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Acknowledging the medicinal benefits of marijuana would conflict with the 'anti drug narrative' that has been pushed by Govt and law enforcement for decades.
That is one of the many fallacies of prohibition. It is believed by prohibitionists that if it is legalized it means it is being condoned by the government. That isn't true any more so than cigarettes, alcohol, and sugar being condoned because they're legal.

Silly, silly logic. All drug warriors want to do is inflict more harm. Silly, silly logic.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
That is one of the many fallacies of prohibition. It is believed by prohibitionists that if it is legalized it means it is being condoned by the government. That isn't true any more so than cigarettes, alcohol, and sugar being condoned because they're legal.

Silly, silly logic. All drug warriors want to do is inflict more harm. Silly, silly logic.
Oh, I think alcohol, tobacco, sugar, etc usage is definitely condoned by Govt, after all, they have 'sin taxes' which is a reliable revenue stream, Im sure many benefits are made possible from this revenue, plus ALL the people who are employed in these industries, they are all paying taxes, buying things, taking out loans for cars, houses, education,etc, they put food on the table thanks to these industries.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh, I think alcohol, tobacco, sugar, etc usage is definitely condoned by Govt, after all, they have 'sin taxes' which is a reliable revenue stream, Im sure many benefits are made possible from this revenue, plus ALL the people who are employed in these industries, they are all paying taxes, buying things, taking out loans for cars, houses, education,etc, they put food on the table thanks to these industries.
No, please. You are falling into the same trap.

If the government were condoning cigarettes, alcohol, and sugar, you would be seeing government sponsored ads for them all over the media.

Sin taxes represent the OPPOSITE meaning of condoning.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
No, please. You are falling into the same trap.

If the government were condoning cigarettes, alcohol, and sugar, you would be seeing government sponsored ads for them all over the media.

Sin taxes represent the OPPOSITE meaning of condoning.
Right, but they know that does not lower the usage rates, I would bet they automatically rely/ expect a certain amount of revenue from this stream every year too.

2 months ago, my state increased the tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack...people complained about it a little, but ultimately they paid and will continue to pay. NONE of our stores had lower cigarette sales as a result either.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:46 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Only some of the towns in the rural areas of Oklahoma are trying to resist the opening of med marijuana businesses and some are getting sued. A state legislator in the far northwest part wants to give Oklahoma towns the right to ban all med. marijuana businesses. The three metros and most of the bigger small towns have been quite accepting. Nobody tried to raise a controversy over a med. marijuana dispensary opening a block and a half from a Baptist church in my town. Along with significant alcohol law reform instigated, 2018 was certainly a great year for Oklahoma to finally act like it wanted to start getting with the times. https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/me...FvWZbwE76dnA8g
That's great news man, if outrage is limited to only a handful of people in Oklahoma, that tells you that medical marijuana is pretty much universally accepted, with the those southeastern states likely to be the last holdouts (marijuana has long been used as an excuse to arrest people of color there)

In Illinois, we just passed a law that allows someone an "opioid exemption" that can be replaced with medical marijuana. This exemption has to be signed by a Dr. and is only good for 90 days, meaning you have to renew every 90 days, regardless. Our new Governor, Democrat J.B. Pritzker, said on the campaign trail that he wants to legalize recreational, and with all revenue that could generate, and considering Illinois' extreme debt, I see it happening in the next 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies