Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 08:34 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
It's not Jussie's fault. Don't blame him for one of the dumbest hoaxes ever. The government was really behind this all along

It wouldn't be City Data without one of these, lol
Two days ago ya'll were saying that it was dumb to think it was a hoax.

He's certainly to blame for perpetrating a hoax, but I seriously doubt he organized the incident.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Remember just a couple of days ago when you were considered a racist conspiracy-theorist for even suggesting that this could be a hoax?
Good times
Im betting we'll have plenty of good times in the future too

Old 02-17-2019, 08:37 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No. Incident was fake (obviously so). White assailants in Chicago wearing MAGA hats? Come on.

It was used immediately to make political statements all over the media and to rush anti-lynching legislation through.

There's no way it was all Jesse Smollet's idea. There were definitely people behind him.
Yeah, I said it was a hoax two weeks ago. I think it's a stretch to think high profile pols were involved though. Of course, they are going to use any event to push legislation just like they do with every shooting incident. I think it could've been Smollett alone because it wasn't that slick to begin with. In fact, it was kinda dumb and unbelievable from the start.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Calling it now-fake
I mean, this is too easy people. If you're still being hoodwinked by fake hate crimes, fake news, fake racist reciepts etc, you got issues.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:45 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
All of these MAGA attacks are fake.

The MAGA mail bombing conveniently right before the midterms.

Now we have a MAGA lynching, conveniently used to pass an anti-lynching bill

Cory Booker Points To Jussie Smollet’s Attack For Why Congress Must Pass Anti-Lynching Law

Old 02-17-2019, 08:55 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Yeah, I said it was a hoax two weeks ago. I think it's a stretch to think high profile pols were involved though. Of course, they are going to use any event to push legislation just like they do with every shooting incident. I think it could've been Smollett alone because it wasn't that slick to begin with. In fact, it was kinda dumb and unbelievable from the start.
It was absolutely dumb and unbelievable from the start. I'm not ready to get too conspiracy on this just yet, but I keep wondering about the whole lynching angle. Did he add the part about the noose because he's too dumb to realize how unrealistic (among everything else unrealistic) it is, or because he knew Harris and Booker were trying to get their new bill passed by the House? It's not like lynching is that prevalent, and as rare as that is, when was the last time someone lynched had a noose around their neck?

Just like the perception that Trump supporters would yell 'this is MAGA country', he apparently has a perception of lynching having to have a noose. It was in his music video, too. Maybe too dumb to understand that lynching only means to be executed by a mob without authority.

Searching numbers, only 15 people were lynched in 2018, none of them in the US or any European country. Yeah, it's a real problem we need to address. /s Kamala only did it to get her name out there. Booker probably only did it to strengthen the protected class status of the LGBT community. Yes, that's included in the bill.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:06 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Thank you Jussie for bringing the concept of hate-crime-hoaxes to so many people's attention. You even tricked the msm into not burying the news.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:13 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Default His lawyer didn't quit after all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I saw his lawyer quit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Not too suprising, but I guess its official now

https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/stat...26655708442625

Here's an update--looks like Rafer misspoke and had to delete the tweet in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

Old 02-17-2019, 09:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh, my apologies for misreading your post.

This could have been his manager's idea. I'm not sure it was done to push legislation through, but that's an interesting angle.

He won't take the rap for anything. His ego is too large. He'll blame his manager or conjure up some story or something.

It's like watching a train wreck....lol.
It's been fun to follow for those who didn't believe it from the start. I don't even do twitter but I followed Rob Elgas and the other Chicago reporter who stayed on top of it.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:20 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Two days ago ya'll were saying that it was dumb to think it was a hoax.

He's certainly to blame for perpetrating a hoax, but I seriously doubt he organized the incident.
It was OBVIOUSLY a hoax. I was saying that from the beginning. But no, I don't think the government was behind it. More like a 2nd rate actor trying to get some fame or sympathy or whatever. My point is, don't change the narrative to give him a free pass with the "government was behind it" conspiracy! This hoax is on HIM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies