Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 12:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No. I'm going to say this yet again - not once did he ever say that they were white. Not once did he ever say that they wore MAGA hats. You know who did say that? The media. The media made that up.

The closest he ever came to saying it was white people was on his GMA interview, 2 weeks later, where he said, "If I had said it was a Muslim, or a black person.....then I feel more people would have supported me" (paraphrasing). Not once did he ever actually say, "they were white". By the time that GMA interview came around, the media had already been calling the alleged attackers white wearing MAGA hats.

But do you see how many people now believe he did say that? I repeat, the media made that up. The media is the one who started throwing out "white" and "MAGA hats".

Smollett said in his statement that he could not give the officers any identifying information about the alleged attackers because one was wearing a face mask, they both had gloves on - he specifically stated that he could not give identifying information.

Why would the media add that in? Take just a moment to think about that.

And then we have posters on here who actually think that anyone who voted for Trump "deserved" that.

Do you see what the media does? Do you see how their lies spread, and people repeat it like it's the truth? And then people have the audacity to say that there's no media bias.
Three Wolves, please stop. You're going off the rails here and sounding like you're the authority chastising people who are simply asking questions. And in this instance, you're wrong.

I posted previously that in various accounts it was stated that the police said Smollett did say he could see the skin around their eyes and it was white.

Here's the latest account:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/enterta...-crime-police/

Quote:
Smollett told police that, even though his attackers were wearing masks, he could see the skin around their eyes, which he said was white. Both Osundairo brothers are African American.

Local newspapers don't make mistakes like this -the CPD is all over them when they do and they print retractions. That this has been reported more than once, means it's most likely true. They don't use exact quotes for every bit of information they get.

I don't know why this is so difficult to believe when he had the cajones to sit on GMA and imply to millions that they were white. That's a lot harder than privately telling a cop some damn lie.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:18 PM

673 posts, read 466,217 times
But boy loses job. I can just hear it now......"you are fired.....but I'm gay. I don't care as you are a criminal....but I'm black....I don't care as you are a low down filthy liar......but I'm black and gay so how can you fire me"?

Easy..........you are a loser

Old 02-22-2019, 12:19 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
From the last two episodes of the season, Smollett has been axed. Not from the show.
Yeah right ok fine. He’s gone. Assuming it even gets picked up.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:22 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
But boy loses job. I can just hear it now......"you are fired.....but I'm gay. I don't care as you are a criminal....but I'm black....I don't care as you are a low down filthy liar......but I'm black and gay so how can you fire me"?

Easy..........you are a loser
Yeah, but he gets two boxes on the intersectionality scale.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:26 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, but he gets two boxes on the intersectionality scale.
Now all he has to do is identify as a woman and he'll instantly check off two more (trans, female), and all will be forgiven!

Old 02-22-2019, 12:27 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Three Wolves, please stop. You're going off the rails here and sounding like you're the authority chastising people who are simply asking questions. And in this instance, you're wrong.

I posted previously that in various accounts it was stated that the police said Smollett did say he could see the skin around their eyes and it was white.

Here's the latest account:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/enterta...-crime-police/

Local newspapers don't make mistakes like this -the CPD is all over them when they do and they print retractions. That this has been reported more than once, means it's most likely true. They don't use exact quotes for every bit of information they get.

I don't know why this is so difficult to believe when he had the cajones to sit on GMA and imply to millions that they were white. That's a lot harder than privately telling a cop some damn lie.
Yes, this comes directly from the prosecutors' account in the bond proffer - see it here. See page 4 in the link.

It also claims that Smollett asked the brothers to buy red hats that resemble the MAGA ones, but I don't think they did and they weren't worn if they did. So that claim was... kinda partly true, turns out.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:27 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I guess, but that glosses over the serious sickness in our culture that generates any demand at all for them.

They already have, or at least they've announced he won't be in them.
Yup. Just read that Fox has cut his character out of the last 2 episodes!

Old 02-22-2019, 12:30 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post

They already have, or at least they've announced he won't be in them.

They have officially written him out of the last two episodes. They'll do it in a way he can be brought back in next season if he's found innocent, GUARANTEED!

On the other hand, they'll also do it in a way where he will be gone for good if found guilty.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:32 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Yeah right ok fine. He’s gone. Assuming it even gets picked up.
This guy ticks off at least three of the major, preferred Democrat left "Identity politics" categories on the list. Why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that Smollett will be held fully accountable for his actions is beyond me.

As we have seen again and again, if these people did not have double standards, they would literally have no standards at all. What that typically means is the Brett Kavanaugh treatment for squeaky clean conservatives and immunity agreements for Hillary Clinton and her criminal cabal.

What makes you dismiss the very significant possibility that this sort of corruption of our system of our social and justice standards would not be applied to Jussie Smollett here in this situation? I really do not understand why so many of you are jumping to this conclusion.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yes, this comes directly from the prosecutors' account in the bond proffer - see it here. See page 4 in the link.

It also claims that Smollett asked the brothers to buy red hats that resemble the MAGA ones, but I don't think they did and they weren't worn if they did. So that claim was... kinda partly true, turns out.
Thanks, JG. I just went back and saw that Chuckity also referenced this.

He was targeting white people and Trump supporters and only loony liberals will lie about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies