Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 07:58 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
People outraged about the justice system now since it doesn't flow in their favor is unbelievable and believable at the same time.
It doesn't mean I believe Jussie is innocent still waiting for details since it is reported the brothers are changing their story but video supports a story, only pointing out the double standard and hypocrisy of some folks.
He made a deal, innocent people make deals? Sometimes I guess.

I see no hypocrisy, can you point this out? Point the double standard out?

Where is this report the brothers are changing their story? And if so, why would he need to make a deal to have charges dropped?

Old 03-27-2019, 08:03 AM

18,461 posts, read 15,240,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
People outraged about the justice system now since it doesn't flow in their favor is unbelievable and believable at the same time.
It doesn't mean I believe Jussie is innocent still waiting for details since it is reported the brothers are changing their story but video supports a story, only pointing out the double standard and hypocrisy of some folks.
I haven’t seen any stories about the brothers changing their story. Can you post a link?

Old 03-27-2019, 08:04 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He made a deal, innocent people make deals? ....
Yeah and they are laughing at the fools who believe it.

He critiqued a video made by Jessie Jackson. That was the deal. And for that a 16 count indictment brought against him by a grand jury is completely dropped and the records sealed.

Rahm Emanuel said it yesterday. This was a whitewash of justice and Jussie Smolliett has no decency for continuing maintain that he's completely innocent and in fact a victim.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Smollett lied to the police which is a crime. Isn't that what most of the convictions Mueller got were for?
Lying to the FBI/federal authorities is a crime. Lying to the local police is not a crime. However, obstruction of justice is a crime, so if you lied and your lie's purpose was obstruction of justice, you can be charged.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The optics aren’t good.
Reaching.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
It appears calls from Obama and Harris got Smollett's charges dropped.

He's besties with Kamala Harris. Must be nice to be an elite.

Such a great point! On top of it the guy wasn't satisfied making over $3M a year!!! Like WTH! How greedy is he?

It's OK, karma is a b*tch!
It appears...........that you are making things up.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:18 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
The prosecutor who dropped the charges has stated that it does not mean Smollett is innocent or any new evidence was presented. He also said "we believe he did what he was charged with doing".

Old 03-27-2019, 08:19 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
So we know that Kimberly Foxx was friendly with Smollett's family. Smollett's sisters had and Obama aide call her and she tried to have the case handed over to the FBI. That's a solid case of favors being given, although Cory Booker had his name come up. It was funny watching the assistant Prosecutor talk about throwing the case out, he looked like he was going to throw up and admitted they had Smollett dead to rights. The Mayor and Police Chief feel betrayed and nobody but some far left nitwits and mouthpieces are defending Smollett. Even people who had liked Smollett are calling him... very colorful names. He's radioactive and too stupid to know it.
But its going to be fun watching him and watching what happens to him. Smollett is stupid and unstable and no doubt he's considered a liability by those who had to save him. He'd better watch his step.
But in all this, there is one thing that puzzles me and I'm trying to put together. You can call this Foxx woman whatever you like and she is apparently hated by many in Chicago. I think she's damaged goods now as well but can always go to DC for a job. But she recently charged R Kelly with sex crimes and that's what is a little strange. In that circle of characters mentioned, human trafficking and sex crimes are day to day ordinary. One would think that R Kelly would have connections and be able to pull favors like Smollett would, but he's been singled out and is being taken down. Is he a sacrificial lamb, someone low on the ladder they can make a show out of prosecuting?

Old 03-27-2019, 08:32 AM

35,034 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I wanted to think about this before commenting but Rahm stated it the best.

Emanuel also condemned the justice system at large, saying the decision “sends a clear message that if you’re in a position of influence and power you’ll get treated one way, other people will get treated another way. There is no accountability, then, in the system. It is wrong. Full stop.”

https://www.thewrap.com/chicago-mayo...sh-of-justice/

I don't particularly have a problem with the end result. $10k and Community Service but it should have been after a guilty verdict BUT yeah Rahm, nice of you to finally notice. It's hypocritical of many complaining that have had no problem with our dual justice system in the past.
Rahm Emanuel's anger is feigned. There is no way he wanted that one tried.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
celebrity justice....

this Smollett case reflects there is one set of rules for the connected and powerful and one set of rules for the rest of us. the abuse of power isn't a white or black skin issue, clearly. the abuse of power has nothing to do with color of skin, but who holds the power. Smollett, whose family was connected to the obamas and a black prosecutor who was connected to kamala harris, got off from 17 felonies.
The Queen of Celebrity Justice....

Let me introduce you to Ms Hillary Clinton. Justice for you is different than justice for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies