Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:07 PM

7,587 posts, read 6,671,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He targeted himself with a view towards harming many others. He appears to be seriously messed up in the head.

Jusse Smollett was the specific targeted individual. But the reason it is a hate crime is because the hate that motivated this attack spread so much further.
That doesn't meet any legal definition of a hate crime, though.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:07 PM

21,545 posts, read 10,673,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
You have to be a narcissist to mail a letter to yourself, hire someone to beat you up and mess up your own face in order to get attention. He needs to get help for whatever issues he has. Must not have had enough attention as a child. He has five other siblings. Middle child syndrome?
Sounds like they made this plan up on Exctacy, or he’s just extremely dumb. He wrote a check to his X dealers to mail him a threatening letter with white powder in it, then several days later had them buy rope and bleach and pretend to beat him up on one of the coldest nights in decades with no other people out and about, and then went all over the news with it. Meanwhile, the police and FBI are connecting the dots about the letter mailers and the numbers redacted from Jussie’s phone records records.

If only he had watched crime dramas from this century instead of the ‘70s, where I assume he got the idea to cut out letters from magazines for the threat letter. Maybe he would have skipped the letter altogether.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:16 PM

21,545 posts, read 10,673,923 times
I really am starting to feel sorry for Jussie. I think this poorly planned hoax grew out of his control very quickly, and the police just strung him along so he kept digging deeper. I could tell the police were skeptical from day 1. He should have gone to a lawyer right when they made the press conference saying Jussie never mentioned MAGA country in his police report. That was the first sign they weren’t buying it. Though he should have known people who send letters with white powder are always apprehended. This is a post-911 world.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,457,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Sounds like they made this plan up on Exctacy, or he’s just extremely dumb. He wrote a check to his X dealers to mail him a threatening letter with white powder in it, then several days later had them buy rope and bleach and pretend to beat him up on one of the coldest nights in decades with no other people out and about, and then went all over the news with it. Meanwhile, the police and FBI are connecting the dots about the letter mailers and the numbers redacted from Jussie’s phone records records.

If only he had watched crime dramas from this century instead of the ‘70s, where I assume he got the idea to cut out letters from magazines for the threat letter. Maybe he would have skipped the letter altogether.
My favorite episode of Columbo, entitled "Negative Reaction", saw the killer use this technique.

It didn't even work back in the '70s. Columbo busted the perp (played by Dick Van Dyke).

Old 02-22-2019, 04:22 PM

46,443 posts, read 27,303,877 times
Finally, a video of the assault...

This is an uncut version....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I

Please note, this is not the actual video....this is complete sarcasm...for those wearing super tight underwear....
But fits this exactly.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:22 PM

19,937 posts, read 12,230,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He targeted himself with a view towards harming many others. He appears to be seriously messed up in the head.

Jusse Smollett was the specific targeted individual. But the reason it is a hate crime is because the hate that motivated this attack spread so much further.
I can see what you are saying. He made death threats specifically targeting a gay black male and implying that is the reason for the threat.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:25 PM

22,164 posts, read 9,730,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
My favorite episode of Columbo, entitled "Negative Reaction", saw the killer use this technique.

It didn't even work back in the '70s. Columbo busted the perp (played by Dick Van Dyke).

He always did.

I didn't like seeing DVD in the role of a killer. Just seemed so wrong.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,570,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I can see what you are saying. He made death threats specifically targeting a gay black male and implying that is the reason for the threat.
Right. The conspiracy to committ assault or murder or whatever crime that is and then the hate crime element is the broadbrush unhinged racist motivation behind those other crimes.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:55 PM

18,853 posts, read 8,527,335 times
WHO DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING........

Report: Smollett Told Police He Has Untreated Drug Problem

The "hate hoax" story that has gripped the nation's attention for the past few weeks continues to add new wrinkles. The latest: that embattled "Empire" star Jussie Smollett allegedly told police when he surrendered himself on Thursday that he has an untreated drug problem.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43831...aign=dwtwitter

Old 02-22-2019, 05:04 PM

30,511 posts, read 23,950,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
WHO DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING........

Report: Smollett Told Police He Has Untreated Drug Problem

The "hate hoax" story that has gripped the nation's attention for the past few weeks continues to add new wrinkles. The latest: that embattled "Empire" star Jussie Smollett allegedly told police when he surrendered himself on Thursday that he has an untreated drug problem.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43831...aign=dwtwitter
So. That doesn't answer for him creating a fake hate crime against himself, not once, but twice.

He has an unresolved idiot problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies