Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 01:05 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Over 2/3 of Americans want weed to be fully legal.

Get with the times bro.
So that's 66%. 72% of Americans believe there is a "man in the sky." Do we need to pass some legislation for them, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 01:08 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
So that's 66%. 72% of Americans believe there is a "man in the sky." Do we need to pass some legislation for them, too?
What does that mean?

We don't need to pass any legislation, we need to get rid of some very corrupt, damaging, out-of-date legislation.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Many believe it will be decriminalized (by its removal from Schedule I) during Trump's rein in office.
What's he waiting on, in your opinion? If he was going to do it, wouldn't he have done it already?

Old 02-03-2019, 12:34 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I experimented with pot 50 years ago for a little while and learned it wasn't my thing, but I know a lot of folks who have continued to smoke pot who started back then, and not a one of them is addicted to it. Most use it in just the same way others drink alcohol- instead of a cocktail after work, it's a joint. Smoke some more, some less, just like booze.

is it addictive? Maybe psychologically to some users who use it instead of using prescription tranquilizers or mood stabilizers or anti-deperessents, as pot does relieve tension, anxiety, and anger and depression. But pot doesn't have any side effects that can come with withdrawal.
It takes a couple of days for the body to clear itself of the chemicals in pot so quitting doesn't make the effects suddenly disappear, but once they're gone there are no side effects afterward.

I've known as many who have given it up like I did after smoking for years, and once they quit, they quit, no probs. No addictive withdrawals and no craving for it. There was none of that for me when I quit. I never missed it once I quit, and neither have they.

Marijuana is not the same as any other drug. And it's like every other drug too. It changes a person's thinking and mood and has physical effects like all other drugs, but it's effects aren't the same as any other.

One similarity pot has to alcohol is the user can gauge how high he is and quit smoking for a while so he doesn't become higher. Like a drinker who only enjoys a light effect of alcohol, so a drink is slowly consumed, pot's high is easily measured. And like booze a consumer can choose how strong his drug of choice is. Some drinkers prefer whiskey to wine and wine to beer, and pot his the same. It can be mild or strong.

Any drug can become a gateway to a stronger drug. Booze can lead to heroin just as easily as pot or prescription drugs. the whole 'gateway' notion is completely phony.

Pot is an easy drug to pick on for prohibitionists. Since the plant can grow anywhere and it's more portable that alcohol, during prohibition, when pot was legal, lots of people began using it instead of drinking.
Booze takes a lot of work and processing to make in any form. That makes it easy to regulate, and there's a lot of money in regulation, and easier social regulation as well.

Since anyone can pluck a few buds from a wild marijuana plant, put them in the pocket and go smoke it anywhere, pot is much harder to regulate, so the prohibitionists wanted to regulate it too, and scared Congress into passing laws to make it illegal in the 1930s.

If those laws had never been passed, there never would have been any cartels. There wound never have been any gangs selling the leaves of a cheap plant for thousands of dollars.

There wouldn't have been millions of people who were sent to prison for smoking it. Some of those people were executed for smoking pot. There wouldn't have been hundreds of new prisons built to house those convicted of smoking or selling a weed.

There wouldn't have been Billions of dollars spent on an ineffective 40-year drug 'war' that was actually a war of prohibition.

....and we would have never had a President who got elected calling for a wall that spans our long southern border.

It sure is taking us a long time to try using common sense instead of bullets.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:39 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Wouldn’t you want to remember your wedding and wedding nite with your spouse. How the hell will you remember when your completely stoned. I don’t know much about pot but what are guests supposed to do eat the brides wedding dress or inhale it..

Coffee infused with CBD oil
CBD supposedly has no psychotropic effects.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:12 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Many believe it will be decriminalized (by its removal from Schedule I) during Trump's rein in office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
What's he waiting on, in your opinion? If he was going to do it, wouldn't he have done it already?
No, he is too political for that.

He views it as a card in his hand, to be played at the appropriate time. Most likely it will be used as a distraction from some other issue, although he may be able to use it for votes when the elections get closer.

That is why I hate politics so much. Every single day he delays more people are harmed. More careers ruined, more cars and houses forfeited, more black market money sent to cartels. But he doesn't care about those people. He doesn't even really care if it is the right thing to do or not. He will simply analyze it from the standpoint of how can it (politically) help or hurt him and his administration. That's all that matters.

Corruption will reign supreme in prohibition until the very day it is done away with.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:16 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodthebadtheugly View Post
wouldn’t you want to remember your wedding and wedding nite with your spouse. How the hell will you remember when your completely stoned. I don’t know much about pot but what are guests supposed to do eat the brides wedding dress or inhale it..

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/mar...rsk/story.html

coffee infused with cbd oil

https://donyc.com/p/where-to-sip-cbd-in-nyc
stop trying to tell other people what to do with their lives and bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies