Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 01:48 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,392,149 times

Advertisements

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...F2738245002%2F

Great news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 03:48 PM

51,679 posts, read 25,944,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I'll say.

100 straight months of economic and job growth is worth celebrating!

Old 02-01-2019, 03:53 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,480,334 times
Economy is still bad! It's all fake news to make Obama look good! --Trump

Old 02-01-2019, 05:55 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,412,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Economy is still bad! It's all fake news to make Obama look good! --Trump
The irony with Trump using the "fake news" card against his opponents is that he himself is guilty of spread fake news claims.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:01 PM

13,717 posts, read 9,050,826 times
I always take good economic news at face value. I care not who is President.

I joined CD in 2009. As the years went by, every time a person started a thread about how the economy was improving, we were deluged with posters claiming that it was all crap, citing such things as the labor participation rate, or whatever. Such people are partisan hacks.

I like that the job growth is still excellent. I do thank Mr. Trump (to an extent) for that.

I will point out that it is an oddity: with such good economic news, one would think that Mr. Trump's approval rating would be in the mid 60s, at the least. It is telling that even with the roaring economy, he is stuck at 40 percent, at best.

Don't think that Republicans are not taking note of this fact.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,720,626 times
Why are all my investments down from a year ago? Why did the Fed say they were going to stop...a complete reversal....raising interest rates to actual real levels?

Why are most all forecasts for the stock market poor for the next couple of years?

Why is the debt swelling and the yearly deficit over a trillion (when it was down to almost 1/2 that in Obamas last years)?

Whoever can answer these questions gets a gold star.

Americans must be stupid. A RECORD number (56%) claim that they would DEFINITELY not vote for Trump - a full 10 points more than said the same for Obama at this point in his POTUS.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:09 PM

30,663 posts, read 19,369,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why are all my investments down from a year ago? Why did the Fed say they were going to stop...a complete reversal....raising interest rates to actual real levels?

Why are most all forecasts for the stock market poor for the next couple of years?

Why is the debt swelling and the yearly deficit over a trillion (when it was down to almost 1/2 that in Obamas last years)?

Americans must be stupid. A RECORD number (56%) claim that they would DEFINITELY not vote for Trump - a full 10 points more than said the same for Obama at this point in his POTUS.
Nov 18 Blue Wave

Even though some of m investments took a downturn, I'm happy that everyone in America that wants a job has one....thanks DT.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:11 PM

29,873 posts, read 25,012,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Workers need raises. Less stock buybacks and more money going into the pockets of workers so they can consume and sustain the economy. Less corporate buybacks and no QE = muted or even declining stocks. Raising interest rates would almost certainly hurt stocks, since corporations would have to pay more to service their debt. So the Fed is holding off on raising rates. Not wise in my opinion, but this will help boomers who rely on stocks for retirement.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:11 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,987,591 times
Why are all my investments down from a year ago?
wrong choices. index funds are flat.
Why did the Fed say they were going to stop...a complete reversal....raising interest rates to actual real levels?
i do not know why the Fed does anything.
bad news sells.
Social Security.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,720,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I always take good economic news at face value. I care not who is President.

I will point out that it is an oddity: with such good economic news, one would think that Mr. Trump's approval rating would be in the mid 60s, at the least. It is telling that even with the roaring economy, he is stuck at 40 percent, at best.
A roaring economy ALWAYS means a roaring stock market. Yet we are actually about 6% lower than a year ago. That's a metric that has much more effect on most of us than a 2% wage gain.

A roaring economy is one where you can balance a budget or pay back debt.

It's not a "roaring economy" when you go take out a 3rd mortgage on your house and spend the money.

When your health insurance costs go up - GDP goes up. When the military spends more...out of debt and deficits, the GDP goes up. When Trump gives back Trillions from debt and deficit, the GDP goes up.

Those are not "good" increases in the GDP.
Most Americans know this which is why he will never get "credit" for being the King of Debt (his claim, not mine) or the Tariff King. His numbers have been lower for longer than any POTUS measured in history.

That's saying something.

Economic news is mostly BS. Look at Trump tweeting about the DOW passing 25K....well, it did that over a year ago....26K too. Then it went way down. I looked at all the charts for my very diverse investments today. I have made back 1/2 of the "Trump Loses" - that is, from the bottom...but it is nowhere near where it would be if 2018 was even a basic stock market year (8-9%).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies