Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 09:09 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,211 times

Advertisements

This happened in 84?

The Wayans made a movie in White Face like 10 years ago......how come they an still act?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 09:19 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The one in the Klan suit is probably the late Senator Byrd.

https://pilotonline.com/news/governm...d70e09b50.html

A photo from Gov. Ralph Northam’s medical school yearbook shows two men, one in blackface and one in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood, on the same page as the governor.

The photo, which The Virginian-Pilot obtained a copy of Friday from the Eastern Virginia Medical School library, comes from the 1984 yearbook, the year Northam graduated.

On the half-page set aside for Northam, there is a headshot of him in a jacket and tie, a photo of him in a cowboy hat and boots and a third of him sitting casually on the ground, leaning against a convertible.

The fourth photo on the half-page has two people, one wearing white Ku Klux Klan robes and a hood, the other with his face painted black. The person with the black face is also wearing a white hat, black jacket, white shirt with a bow tie and plaid pants. Both are holding canned drinks.
I guess Megyn Kelly wasn’t wrong after all about blackface and costumes.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:20 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The election was 14 months ago. I feel bad for Team Red's operatives who were in charge of digging up dirt on Northam. How didn't they find this out sooner?
I doubt this is the case. But what if they did find something but chose to wait for a better time to post it. Most would argue that the right time is right before an election. And considering the election was very close I'm sure it would've cost him the election so I doubt this theory is right.

But what if the Republicans weren't thrilled with their candidate & wanted to ruin Northam once he got into office which might help the Republicans in the following election.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:22 PM

553 posts, read 616,806 times
The Virginia Legislative Black Caucus met with Governor Northam, but whatever he said to them wasn't enough to keep the VLBC from calling for his resignation.

https://twitter.com/VaBlackCaucus/st...45949716004864

Old 02-01-2019, 09:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Democrats are silent as usual and this Governor should resign asap.

What is used against Kavanaugh in the hearings is now fair play to call out this Democrat who admitted to be the one in the picture and it looks like he is a black face guy.

If it was just a "black face" I may have throught he was "Zwarte Piet" which in the Netherlands is part of a kids celebration. On top of that kids used to dress up for Carnaval and Indian outfits were perfectly normal and not offensive. I do not recall anyone dressing up with a black face for Carnaval but for Sinterklaas, which is celebrated around December and especially on December 5th is quit normal in Holland.

All of a sudden that celebration that exist for maybe 60 years or longer, is now called offensive by some people, but still celebrated yearly.

But for a yearbook to post such a picture and for someone to wear KKK outfit, that makes this totally different as we all know KKK is a hate group and not something to laugh about.

Prince Harry in his Nazi costume was of the same disgusting level!!!
Actually, no.

We had a bit of a crisis here at home, so I just turned on the news a short time ago. There are numerous prominent Democrats calling for his resignation, and I suspect that number will only grow. He says he has no intention of resigning, but I do not expect that to last. The longer he hangs on, the more condemnation he will face, and rightfully so.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:36 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Actually, no.

We had a bit of a crisis here at home, so I just turned on the news a short time ago. There are numerous prominent Democrats calling for his resignation, and I suspect that number will only grow. He says he has no intention of resigning, but I do not expect that to last. The longer he hangs on, the more condemnation he will face, and rightfully so.
The Democrat left media-led lynch mob is descending into a lust driven frenzy, right before our eyes, yet again.

This is some seriously evil stuff that we are observing here, people.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Statement from Governor Northam, today.

"I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now," reads the statement.
"This behavior is not in keeping with who I am today and the values I have fought for throughout my career in the military, in medicine, and in public service."
The statement continues: "I recognize that it will take time and serious effort to heal the damage this conduct has caused."
The time for a credible apology is when you realize you've behaved badly, not when you finally get caught.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:45 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Lol, bloody brilliant

Old 02-01-2019, 09:48 PM

553 posts, read 616,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I doubt this is the case. But what if they did find something but chose to wait for a better time to post it. Most would argue that the right time is right before an election. And considering the election was very close I'm sure it would've cost him the election so I doubt this theory is right.

But what if the Republicans weren't thrilled with their candidate & wanted to ruin Northam once he got into office which might help the Republicans in the following election.
The Gubernatorial race in 2017 was at the top of a ballot that also included races for Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and the 100 seats in the House of Delegates. The GOP lost all the statewide races, and saw their 66-34 majority in the House just about disintegrate (surviving by one seat on what amounted to a literal coinflip in a tied race). It would have made much more sense to come out with this in 2017 if they knew about it then.

Perhaps as good would have been a few months ago, before the Congressional midterms -- it might have kept 2 of the 3 R to D flips from happening. (It wouldn't have been enough to save Comstock or unseat Senator Kaine IMO.)

This year, both the House of Delegates and the Senate of Virginia are up for election of all seats, but still, the stakes are less than in the previous two years. It just wouldn't make sense for them to wait so long for this, especially considering that they would have had to intentionally pass up two chances to help break the party's drought of statewide race wins since the the 2009 governor/lt.governor/attorney general races.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Democrat left media-led lynch mob is descending into a lust driven frenzy, right before our eyes, yet again.

This is some seriously evil stuff that we are observing here, people.
Another poster said that Democrats would be more forgiving of him than of a Republican out of party loyalty. I refuted that.

If we call for his resignation, it's a "lynch mob." If we are silent, it's a double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies