Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 11:21 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Except that when the people signing up for these plans have a catastrophic illness and find out their joke of a health care plan won't cover it they are very likely to end up on medicaid, something that would not have happened if they had been on a real healthcare plan.
In my state Medicaid has criteria regarding income, assets and other things.

No mention of being in a healthcare sharing group.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:50 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Some of the things Obamacare covers aren't things Christians approve of. Like abortion. Why should they seek to pay for something they find abhorrent?
Because we live in a democracy, and that means that things are not always of our choosing but we agree to accept what the majority wants. I find war abhorrent, yet my tax dollars go to the military. I don't like it but I go along with it because that is what the majority of Americans want, apparently. Same is true of Obamacare. If you don't agree with it, then convince others to change the law. That is how democracy works.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:54 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Tell me again how 33% of my premium is going for overhead when 11/12 of my premiums are mailed directly to other members.
I looked up the tax statement for Samaritans and 1/3 goes to overhead - salaries mostly. Can you provide their most recent IRS 990 form which shows that 11/12 goes to members? They should give it to you if ask for it.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:21 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Because we live in a democracy, and that means that things are not always of our choosing but we agree to accept what the majority wants. I find war abhorrent, yet my tax dollars go to the military. I don't like it but I go along with it because that is what the majority of Americans want, apparently. Same is true of Obamacare. If you don't agree with it, then convince others to change the law. That is how democracy works.
We are not a democracy. We are a Constitutional republic. The people who choose to participate in this cost-sharing are in compliance with current law. If the majority are in favor of Obamacare there should be plenty of money from those people to support it.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:50 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
So to sum up this thread about Christian health insurance: Cheap, great. The Marxist media keeps it a secret:

It is not health insurance. It is cost-sharing of certain medical expenses among self-proclaimed Christians. OP admits to lying about this.

The reason the monthly cost is lower than actual health insurance is that the rest of us are subsidizing this tax-exempt scam. Members are encouraged to utilize taxpayer-supported clinics and programs to limit out-of-pocket medical expenses.

Those with actual insurance pay higher premiums because these Christian cost-sharing scams skim off the cream of the insurance group, leaving anyone with pre-existing conditions in the insurance pool.

Plus, should one of their members develop a medical condition requiring expensive treatment, they sign up for actual insurance, as the cost-sharing plans are capped at under $250K per "need." Likely most switch when the cost is far lower than that as members have to pay costs up front and wait to be reimbursed. Many medical providers will not start expensive courses of medical procedures/treatments for those without actual health insurance.

Not sure where the "Marxist media" comes in, but these Christian cost-sharing scams are hardly a secret. Google search turns up all sorts of information such as how 1/3 of the "cost sharing" goes to administrative overhead. This is substantially higher than actual health insurance.

In addition to everything in the title of this thread being a lie, the OP posts the occasional rant against "godless heathens."

Is that any way to treat those who are subsidizing these tax-exempt, church scams?

Old 02-04-2019, 03:54 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
This sounds like a fair description of cost-sharing. Personally, I don't think it's for me. What I don't get is all the hate here. No one is forced to join, so no one is forced to attend church, abstain from drinking or any of the other requirements to belong.
Did you read the first post? It's full of hatred, name calling, and disdain. People are responding in kind.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:11 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:

You leftwingers just make up lies because you cannot STAND the private sector whipping the pants off your Marxist 0bummercare sham.
Regurgitating right wing talking points won't make them true. Obamacare individual mandate was based off a republican idea. But modern Republicans would rather be racist than have personal responsibility

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...idual-mandate/

Old 02-04-2019, 04:22 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
It's so charming when an irreligious sort judges Christians and refers to Jesus.
I was raised in the Catholic Church. I was baptized, had my first communion, and was confirmed there. I sang and played guitar in a church folk group and was a eucharistic minister. I went to Catholic schools for 12 years.

When I learned that our bishops decided to put a known child molester in my all-girls high school as a chaplain to get him away from the boys he'd been molesting in his former church, it kind of turned me off to the church. Crazy, I know. Thankfully he was brought to justice decades later, but we don't even know how many adolescent boys he abused, and how many lives were messed up as a result.

So yeah, I know a little something about Jesus and what he stood for. And it's the opposite of what you've done in this thread. Your arrogance is appalling.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:07 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Yes. It is a charity. Nobody's making any money. (Unlike the likewise exempt Planned Parenthood abortion mill, which not only doesn't pay taxes, but makes a healthy profit AND gets a half billion dollar a year check cut to it. So that the Board of Directors can make huge salaries and take lavish vacations)
Your a day late and a dollar short on an answer it has already been provided. Your receiving government assistance like everyone you abhor, the operating overhead has been identified as 33% according to their IRS 990 form (as provided in post#677) which on any scale is considered an ineffective charity, you yourself said 1 months premium pays for administration . Well that add up and makes this out to another scam and you whine about inefficiency in government/private insurance.....

If it wasn't for Planned Parenthood a lot people including those on your plan would not have a birth control option or personal choices when people like you shun them out of the community. Not everyone wants to be a brood cow like the Duggars.

Last edited by VA Yankee; 02-04-2019 at 05:43 AM..

Old 02-04-2019, 05:16 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
I answered it. You just didn't see it. But thanks for the personal attack. When leftwingers go low, I go high.

I don't get a dime from the government, and neither does my wonderful Samaritan system. But I sure as hell do pay taxes that subsidize your 0bummercare for folks who don't feel the need to follow any code of conduct. You can send me a thank-note anytime.
You are dense, your system is a 501c Tax Exempt organization that means they are not paying taxes is a which form of charity, so like ACA the government is contributing to your option.

You go high, that's the funniest thing I have read this morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies