Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 01:11 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Even intersectionality Democratic darling Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez acknowledges she has some privilege. And, no, it's not the privilege of growing up in the largely affluent Westchester county. According to the freshman congresswoman, she inherited "cisgender privilege."

Speaking on The Intercept podcast this week, Ocasio-Cortez talked in depth about all kinds of privilege in the United States, from white privilege to gender privilege. First, she asserted that woke white people need to go beyond simply acknowledging the racism that pervades all of American society.

"Acknowledging racism is a really big step. It’s a really big step from where we were ... It’s nowhere near enough and the solutions are so painful," she said.

"We can all, almost every single person in this country can acknowledge some privilege of some of some type, you know," she said. "I’m a cisgendered woman. I will never know the trauma of feeling like I’m not born in the right body. And that is a privilege that I have, no matter how poor my family was when I was born."
I love how these people don't even understand the meaning of privilege

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42944...mpaign=dwbrand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 11:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Get ready for that cis crap, especially when it begins to appear on forms.

But that's okay. Just write "male" or "female."

Old 02-06-2019, 11:52 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Thanks OP.

I have a headache from rolling my eyes so hard.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:54 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Dems are desperate to divide the country and find more 'victims.'

What is her dating history by the way? I wonder who will come forward saying they dated her.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:22 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
I was never a fan of the GOP and their alliance with religious fundamentalists. Now the Democrats are embracing their own sort of religious fanaticism.

This liberal has had enough. Not saying I'll vote for the likes of Trump... but if the Democrats want my vote, they're gonna have to demonstrate that this eeeeeeebil cis-gendered, straight, neurotypical, middleclass, formerly workingclass, non-handicapped, non-guilt-ridden, white, male has some reason to vote for them.

Because they're doing everything they can to signal that I'm not welcome in their little intersectionality-club.

Now I'm not suggesting that all these classes of racial/sexual/etc Special Snowflake Victims don't have legitimate gripes. I'm not suggesting that they have no right to complain. But I *am* saying that I don't have to ally with them on election day if I bygod don't want to.

Respect MY rights and concerns. Or lose my vote.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:29 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
I must admit that I had to look this up. So now that I know....please somebody make it stop! Please please please with sugar on top!!!! This old Libertarian is pointing my finger at the Dems to say "you are looking sillier and sillier by the day."

Unless your party breaks out the silverware and starts focusing on real meat and potatoes issues, your party is sunk." This stuff simply doesn't resonate with the vast majority of Americans!!!!!!! I'm seeing the same mistakes made over and over and over. How can you compete and get anybody elected as POTUS preaching this garbage? Answer: You can't.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:31 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Note to Dems:

This is why you are going to lose again in 2020.

Your nominee is going to have to suck up to the unmitigated morons who spout this SJW crap.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:34 PM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
You know, as an older, White, flaming heterosexual male I do have to say that she's kinda hot in an angular sort of way.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:43 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
There is no need to call me anything special because I "identify" with my given gender. Stop the madness. Just call me female or a woman or girl.. JUST DO NO NOT CALL ME CIS-GENDER. Stop the madness. Just because I have a vagina and identify as a woman does not make me privileged. It makes me like 96% of all other humans with vagina's. That is not privileged. That is considered "customary" or "plain" or "normal". Privileged would come with perks or extras.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I love how these people don't even understand the meaning of privilege

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42944...mpaign=dwbrand

You really are fascinated by her, aren't you ? Every other post lately is about AOC.

Looks like she has rattled a few Republican cages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies