Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 11:35 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times

Advertisements

If homosexuals get ridiculed for kissing or holding hands in public, I am not going to do anything about that.

Let's put it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 11:38 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
We’re in the middle of a pandemic, good luck taking off your mask in public to kiss anyone without being stared at.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:09 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
They don’t think anything about it until a homophobic adult tells them it’s wrong/bad.
I disagree....I was very young and on a family vacation in Provincetown at Cape Cod when I saw my first lesbian couple. I knew something was "off" since it didn't look right - in fact they looked kind of creepy and frightening. They weren't really doing anything except sitting on a park bench with the man-like partner with her arm around the shoulders of the other woman. My mother saw me staring ( sorry, I was a young kid) and told me they were lesbians, and that was the end of her comment. So she didn't affect my thinking in any way. It was instinctual even as a child to realize this wasn't normal. This was well before the brain washing of young children began regarding the LGBTQ issue.

It really doesn't bother me to know someone is gay, but I don't want to see a lot of kissing and cuddling in public, by straight OR gay couples.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:19 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you're suggesting the large cities are safe and that you're only mostly at risk in rural areas a la Matthew Shepard I would urge you to reconsider.

The redneck anti-gay stereotype is palatable in the media.

FBI hate crime stats are reality.
I did say assaults can happen anywhere, but yeah, I get that it's not just Billy Bo Jim Bob going around busting gay people's heads in rural America.

I guess I'm a bit old school but like I posted earlier, a lot of PDA between anyone isn't the greatest thing in my opinion. Holding hands is fine, but whatever, no one made me the arbiter of anything.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:26 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Its not my job to judge one way or another. There should be no reason you even have to ask "is it ok".

Old 02-22-2021, 12:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma White View Post
Kissing in public for all people is considered by me as a bad education, exception only a quick kiss, but holding hands is pretty ok with me.
Okiedoke, Emma, I'll make a note of that.

Who am I or you to judge what or how others do if if has no effect on me or you? Get over it. Nobody made you a superior being to criticize others that you do not know for a simple act of affection.

Frankly, I have never even noticed gay or lesbian couples kissing. I don't look for it. I am a hand-holder and have actually noticed couples who do not and seem stressed and almost estranged. A little more public affection would even be okay with me.

Old 02-22-2021, 01:07 PM

9,460 posts, read 5,225,471 times
It's rare that I've seen this, but it doesn't bother me unless it rises to the level where I think, "You two need to get a room."
There's PDA and practically having sex in public.
And that goes for heterorsexuals as well.

Old 02-22-2021, 01:41 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Because it's a new year we should change our moral values? Never. Just because something is pop, hip or edgy doesn't make it right or honorable. It just means up you've built your house on shifting sands. I'll never accept the homosexual agenda as something that is good and wholesome for mankind.
Mankind will be better off when this attitude dies off.

Old 02-22-2021, 01:44 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Love is love.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:11 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Yes. That's just weird.
Agreed on the couples sitting on the same side of a booth...that is weird to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies