Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Democrats' new abortion position?
Yes, choosing whether a baby lives or dies after birth is a decision between a woman and her doctor. 15 11.45%
No, this is premeditated murder. 108 82.44%
Not sure/don't know/undecided/other 8 6.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 08:36 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No way; then they would know the actual truth rather than a Breitbart talking point and where's the fun in that?
Pretty much sums it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I support anything that means that women and infants will not have to suffer needlessly.
I also support people knowing WTH they are talking about before starting threads.

"CNN: What does the phrase "late-term abortion" mean to you?

Dr. Barbara Levy: The phrase "late-term abortion" is medically inaccurate and has no clinical meaning. In science and medicine, it's essential to use language precisely. In pregnancy, to be "late term" means to be past 41 weeks gestation, or past a patient's due date. Abortions do not occur in this time period, so the phrase is contradictory.

Dr. Jennifer Conti: In obstetrics, we don't divide pregnancies into terms. "Late term" is an invention of anti-abortion extremists to confuse, mislead and increase stigma. The appropriate language is "abortions later in pregnancy.""

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/healt...ner/index.html

Don't like CNN?

"Dr. Daniel Grossman, an abortion and contraception researcher and director of Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health, also addressed this terminology in a February 1 tweet, writing that "'Late term abortion' isn't a medical term."
In a recent viral thread on Twitter, gynecologist Dr. Jen Gunter also addressed medical reasons for abortions.

"I've done abortions after 24 weeks, she wrote. "I have never done one that was not medically indicated. I was never approached by any woman to do a non medically indicated abortion...Anyone, especially any doctor, who says these are not [medically] indicated is wrong.""

https://www.thisisinsider.com/what-i...ts-done-2019-2
These. Are. Folks. That. Voted. For. Trump.

Is that not enough of an indication of one's cognitive abilities?

Old 02-08-2019, 08:41 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
God knew you before you were formed in the womb. End of story.
It's a story all right.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Ahh, another thread where a conservative proves how ignorant they are in regards to the bills and the positions. You know, you guys just keep proving how little truth and facts matter to you. It is, in the words of your orange king, "Sad..."
Yeah just like every law the Republicans put forth is framed by liberals as "stealing from the poor", or "hating brown people", or "killing the environment". All the ignorant little libs just fall into the lies and start screaming like a bunch of idiots without actually reading what the bill says.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:55 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
now democrats have turned into murderers and they accept it! I guess they don't care about god who rules us not them and his 10 commandments. No wonder they are such unpeaceful people. Any abortion at any stage is murder, period. Believe it or not, the dems will have to face god when their time comes.
lol.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Another intellectually dishonest poll on CD from a Hardcore anti fact religious rwnj.

Shocking
Wrong as usual. I'm an agnostic, but I don't believe in murdering babies. That disqualifies me from being a Democrat. I'm ok with that.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:57 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't believe you should be able to abort because it might make the mother depressed.
Not just depressed, but what about suicidal? What if she is going to kill herself and the baby? Maybe she could be institutionalized. I don't know the procedure for that. Would it be right to hold a woman under guard to insure that she delivers? That certainly sounds like a forced birth, doesn't it?

Old 02-08-2019, 09:00 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Quote:
God knew you before you were formed in the womb. End of story.
If true, then God also knows all the babies that will die in utero too, all the miscarriages, the ones who will die at birth and the children who will die from cancer and the children who will be shot dead at school. How does God knowing you before you were formed make any difference or argument in this case? If anything, knowing this might be a comfort to the women who have abortions. At least their baby was known and presumably loved by God.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Now democrats have turned into murderers and they accept it! I guess they don't care about God who rules us not them and his 10 commandments. No wonder they are such unpeaceful people. Any abortion at any stage is murder, period. Believe it or not, the dems will have to face God when their time comes.
Well, if you insist upon bringing God into the equation...are abortions not part of God's plan?
Quote:
If the concept of "God's plan" is true, you can first of all see that God wants us to be aborting children. Every single abortion is planned by God, so God must be doing it for a reason. Second, you can see that both the mother who requests the abortion and the doctor who performs it are blameless. Since it is God who planned the abortion of the child (God chose the "exact time" of the death, according to Rick Warren), the mother and doctor are simply puppets who are fulfilling God's plan, are they not? What about all the Christians who are fighting against abortion? If abortion is part of God's plan, why are they fighting it? God is the all-powerful ruler of the universe, and his plan is for more than a million children a year to die in the United States through abortion. [ref] If God's plan is true, then each one of those abortions was meticulously planned by God.

If God does not intend for us to perform abortions, is Rick Warren then wrong that God has a plan? If God has a plan, is he not the direct cause of every abortion? Simply think it through, and you will begin to see the problems in Rick's proposition.

https://godisimaginary.com/i6.htm

Old 02-08-2019, 09:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Wrong as usual. I'm an agnostic, but I don't believe in murdering babies. That disqualifies me from being a Democrat. I'm ok with that.
Good thing that this bill doesn't allow anyone to murder babies then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies