Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 08:53 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,066,870 times

Advertisements

By the way the frump Pocahantas knew this was coming out last week when she re-apologized for no APPARENT reason to the Indian tribe she claimed membership in. It seemed inexplicable at the time that she would voluntarily self-dredge this nonsense up again, but now it is all-too-clear. She was trying to clumsily head this off at the pass, but far too little and way too late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 09:09 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,606,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Then no doubt you believe that Mr. Trump should also resign, being exposed as a race imposter.

In his 1987 book, The Art of the Deal, Mr. Trump claimed that his father's father immigrated from Sweden. It was a lie that Fred Trump came up with in the 1940s, due to his dealings with people of the Jewish faith: he did not want them to know that his family came from Germany. Son Trump repeated this lie, also to help business, and even incorporated the lie into his book.

So, Mr. Trump lied about his family's origins in order to make money, or 'to benefit from a lie', if you will.

I am certainly not excusing Senator Warren. However, her notation on the State Bar registration card (used for demographic purposes only; I too filled out one of those cards) was not a crime of moral turpitude. Perhaps Trumps lie is also not morally depraved, but he certainly benefited from the lie.
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I know that ethnic Germans and ethnic Swedes are both White/Caucasian .

Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 PM

26,583 posts, read 15,149,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were several universities that hired her before and after based on her credentials, her work in government was respected by both parties regarding bankruptcy law. People will continue to claim she was just pushed ahead because of insignificant issues such as this. The overwhelming evidence is that she is very capable but people will continue to believe what they want based on pure hatred of her politics. I wonder why this never came up in the previous senate races, it’s not as if they weren’t digging.

Apparently she didn't think she had the merit without this lie that prospective employers would see...and...

(1) She wasn't on the fast track to the Ivy League with her law degree before this lie

and

(2) How do we know this 1984 lie is the first time she lied about her race in a professional setting?

Old 02-06-2019, 09:27 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,646,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
So you are going to claim that it is liberally "intelligent" to elect candidates like Bernie Sanders and Pocahantas and Alexandria Occasional-Cortex who want to establish redistribution of wealth as the new national pastime and destroy individual freedom and private property rights. THAT is the good choice that the elite left wing know-it-alls are selling as enlightened politicians.

You know what? Let's play dodgeball.
Remind me - what year did Sanders get elected President? To the best of my recollection, he got weeded out (by the Democrats), as he should have been. Warren is even now being weeded out by her own party, and that bubbleheaded nitwit from the Bronx has already gone as far up the ladder as she's ever going to get - one of 438 congressional representatives, representing 3 square miles of New York City. She's the flavor of the month right now, like that dilettante from Texas, but that doesn't mean either of them have a future. When Sanders or Cortez get elected to national office, or even chosen by the party for a national ticket, be sure to get back to me. Until then, it makes zero sense to criticize the Democratic Party for electing people they have not elected.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Remind me - what year did Sanders get elected President? To the best of my recollection, he got weeded out (by the Democrats), as he should have been. Warren is even now being weeded out by her own party, and that bubbleheaded nitwit from the Bronx has already gone as far up the ladder as she's ever going to get - one of 438 congressional representatives, representing 3 square miles of New York City. She's the flavor of the month right now, like that dilettante from Texas, but that doesn't mean either of them have a future. When Sanders or Cortez get elected to national office, or even chosen by the party for a national ticket, be sure to get back to me. Until then, it makes zero sense to criticize the Democratic Party for electing people they have not elected.
I didn’t claim they were elected president. But they WERE elected to enough. And they are the new face of your party. The ones gobbling up the newsprint and the eyeballs and the earbuds. What’s the matter with you guys? Do you just hate winning?

Old 02-06-2019, 09:37 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,646,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I didn’t claim they were elected president. But they WERE elected to enough. And they are the new face of your party. The ones gobbling up the newsprint and the eyeballs and the earbuds. What’s the matter with you guys? Do you just hate winning?
First of all, it's not my party because I'm not a Democrat. Second, neither is Sanders; he's an Independent. Third, neither he nor Cortez are the "face" of anything but their own naked ambition. They'll serve a purpose - to pull the Democratic Party to the left, where it's supposed to be anyway - and that's it. When it's time to make serious choices, they won't be on the list, and that's the point of the discussion - not to just dive down to the lowest common denominator and find the dumbest possible member of the opposite party to broadbrush the whole party.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:49 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,571,990 times
Quote:
Although this is a mistake I don't see that she got any advantage for this as it was an application to the Bar association. This is very minor unless someone can point out some benfit she received.
That’s like saying robbing a store with a gun is not a big deal because they didn’t use the gun.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Although this is a mistake I don't see that she got any advantage for this as it was an application to the Bar association. This is very minor unless someone can point out some benfit she received.
Do you not think that this is an example of cultural appropriation to the nth degree? With her collectivist policies, isn’t she better suited to run Venezuela? There may be an opening, and she can claim to be 1/10050 Aztec.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:40 PM

24,729 posts, read 9,533,981 times
Should we really be surprised that self-hatred white guilt liberals have been self identifying as people of color to take away spots from deserving minorities?

Warren doesn't belong to any tribe, she doesn't have any native american DNA or heritage, and she honeslty believes she is Native American.

What a delusional woman.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,688,230 times
IF only Warren was conservative and wanted abortion banned, Republicans would be fiercely standing up for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies